Ferrari 360 GT LM #2014 Michelotto | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 GT LM #2014 Michelotto

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Feb 27, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    #1 Ferrari 308 Vetro, Feb 27, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Did you bought it? I get offered the Car for a trade-In as well but I decided for something else.

3. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Hello crixxx, car goes to Austria, yes.
    Such a great Car with fantastic history.

When was it offered to you?

4. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Congratulations and enjoy it!

CW

5. Marius

Marius Formula Junior

Sep 5, 2006
    Germany/Belgium
    Full Name:
    Marius
    Fantastic, very well bought, congratulations. Also one of my favourite cars!!

6. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    do you want to sell it?

7. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Thank you guys. Can't wait to run the car on the track.
    I will keep it in this original condititon. For me it is a small pice of history.

8. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    a few months ago but not direct via the dealer. I was close to do agree to the deal but went then to another opportunity.

it is fantastic to have this beauty in europe, and great that you will Show her in her original livery. will we see her in Spa?

9. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Thanks for not buying it ;-)

Yes, will bring it to SPA to the Modena Trackdays / Challenge Meeting. You also will be there?

10. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Nice!
    Before driving it I recommend to execute a compression test! And on the Modena Trackdays make sure other participants are using their mirrors.....not the most experienced drivers.

Ciao
    Oscar

11. UAS

UAS Formula 3
    BANNED

Jul 2, 2008
    Glen Cove, NY
    interesting that they moved the abs unit to the trunk floor...

12. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    A beauty indeed.

13. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Mine is also at that location.

Ciao
    Oscar

14. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#17 360C, Mar 4, 2015
    I see it has a couple of modifications from its time in Melbourne. The "Hot Dog" exhaust is a copy of the Veloqx developed solution that is on my car SN #11. Phil Hughes almost certainly did the modification. The dash mounted rear view camera looks like the version fitted by local race mechanic Phil Hughes to a couple of local cars, including the sister team car to yours
    SN #2028. It was actively raced for many years in our GT series by Ted Huglin's "CCC" race team and was periodically steered by the late Allan Simonsen.

Pic 1) Engine bay of your car with exhaust as delivered. Standard exhaust fitted.
    Pic 2) Engine bay of my car SN # 11 with Veloqx developed "Hot Dog" quiet exhaust.

I have all the versions of the Michelotto exhausts for these cars; but only ever used the Veloqx "quiet system" as the Michelotto systems are too loud to pass noise limits at our race tracks.

BTW, did you get the pre-warmer for the fluids with your car? You might find it challenging to start in cold conditions without one. You might get away with it though as my car has a much more aggressive engine management system.

Pic 3) Fluid pre-Heater
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

15. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

#18 360C, Mar 4, 2015
    SN # 2028 Sister team car to yours. Identical ACO specification to your car, both sold as a package to Maranello Motorsport including a large spares package.

Picture as raced by "CCC" race team for years in Australia by Ted Huglin and the late Allan Simonsen.

16. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    Hi 360 CS,

why is your oil dry sump container enlarged? Where do you connect the hot fluids? (just oil?).
    I have 3 exhausts with my car, the straight pipes, the pipes with inline mufflers and the one where 3 mufflers (2 small in line and one larger bowed) are at the back of the engine compartment.
    I will track the car in Spain in 2 weeks (Ascari), there is no sound limitation there so the straight pipes are mounted.
    Nice to have some other N-GT or GTC owners (and users!) here!!

ciao
    Oscar

ps my black car doesn't have ABS, the white one does, is very useful to prevent tire smoke (and thus flat spots or worse...) when heating in the rubber.....

17. KMR968Turbo

KMR968Turbo Formula 3

Nov 11, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Too bad they can't be made street legal....sigh..... :(

18. 275gtb6c

275gtb6c Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 30, 2006
    europe
    Full Name:
    oscar
    What tire pressure (cold and hot) are you using on the Michelin slicks?

Ciao
    Oscar

19. margarita

margarita Formula 3

Mar 20, 2011
    usa
  20. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

My car was one of the very first fitted with the Howland sequential gearbox. My understanding is the race team Veloqx worked with Michelotto and Hewland to develop the box for the 360 GT's that was later offered as a kit. My car runs the standard Hewland case with a custom adapted oil catch tank. The later Hewland kit offered by Michelotto had a specific casting to allow the standard catch tank to be mounted on top. My car also runs cable operated gearshift whereas the later cars ran rod operated shift as you can see in the 360 GTC. Mine works fine and is how it raced in period. I couldn't see any point in the expense of changing to the (incorrect for my car) rod shift set up with custom gearbox casing.

I can't say that I ever closely watched the boys connect up the prewarmer so I can't detail how it is connected. I do remember one they tried to start it trackside one winter without it and it wouldn't start. Fouled all the plugs which had to be changed, fluids warmed and then it started first time on the button.

21. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

My car was one of the very first fitted with the Howland sequential gearbox. My understanding is the race team Veloqx worked with Michelotto and Hewland to develop the box for the 360 GT's that was later offered as a kit. My car runs the standard Hewland case with a custom adapted oil catch tank. The later Hewland kit offered by Michelotto had a specific casting to allow the standard catch tank to be mounted on top. My car also runs cable operated gearshift whereas the later cars ran rod operated shift as you can see in the 360 GTC. Mine works fine and is how it raced in period. I couldn't see any point in the expense of changing to the (incorrect for my car) rod shift set up with custom gearbox casing.

I can't say that I ever closely watched the boys connect up the prewarmer so I can't detail how it is connected. I do remember once they tried to start it trackside one winter without it and it wouldn't start. Fouled all the plugs which had to be changed, fluids warmed and then it started first time on the button.

My car also has no ABS system fitted. Makes for very careful first few laps of the day and warming new sets of tyres.

22. 360Spider_Russia

May 27, 2014
    Moscow, Russia
    Full Name:
    Alex
    How much?))