Ferrari 360 Challenge Race Cars for sale | FerrariChat

Ferrari 360 Challenge Race Cars for sale

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Mar 8, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Post here when you find Ferrari 360 Challenge Race Cars for sale.

So we have a good overview about the Market.

Start with a 360 CH in ebay: Ferrari 360 Challenge Car | eBay

2. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Here is on in Austria, 360 Challenge from 2003 for EUR 69.000,--

willhaben.at

3. revolutionf355

revolutionf355 Karting

Apr 2, 2007
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    W
    Any way make these street legal?

4. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
  5. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    #5 Ferrari 308 Vetro, Mar 9, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. 360C

360C F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

There was one street registered in Monaco back in period and there are 2 on restricted rally registration in Australia.
    Why you would want to is another question. They would make a horrible road car.

7. goober

goober F1 World Champ

Nov 15, 2004
    Adelaide & Thredbo
    Full Name:
    Buddy Miles
    #8 goober, Mar 10, 2015
    I can vouch for that, mine is registered in Aust, for tarmac rally type events its fine, for anything else buy shares in your local chiropractor….you will need them.

No ignition……makes for locking quite difficult

No airconditioning

Demister is as useful as a mint-flavored suppository

now it resides in retirement in my kitchen
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. stevecomp

stevecomp Formula Junior

Mar 1, 2013
    South Australia
    Full Name:
    Steve
    #12 stevecomp, Mar 26, 2015
    I have the other; if you are doing a little spirited driving in the hills it is awesome. If you are going to town take the daily driver.

Driving the 360C and then getting back into my road car is chalk and cheese the road car feels so slow and lazy.

I have been offered a very good deal on a late model race car and I'm thinking about buying it. I may sell my 360C if I do. PM me if you’re interested in genuine factory built two seater never had a big hit a very straight car. It was once red, came over from USA in 2006 via Maranello Motor Sport and they looked after it for a client.
    I’m booked in to do Classic Adelaide in October that can be swapped over if I sell the car.
    It is registered in Victoria with full CAMS log book with loads of history.

9. rmb221

rmb221 Karting

Feb 25, 2013
    too bad you can't make them street legal. pretty sick cars though either way.

10. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    IMHO all of the amazing Challenge cars that often sit for a long time unsold (and unloved) would have sold within 24 hours if they were street legal. So many boring cars out there. Super cool to add a street legal true Challenge car to the daily drive stable even if for just 1 day a week. Thats why a legitimate street legal 355C will become harder to find and much more valuable in the future. The abundance of track only Challenge cars for sale is a by product of the simple fact that few of us have the time and/or money for a track only "toy".

11. mclaudio

mclaudio Formula 3

Dec 13, 2003
    Seattle area
    Full Name:
    Claudio
    + 355C. It's less about the money though. There's the usability factor. For instance, price disparity applies between '50s-'60s street-legal race cars versus race-only cars.

12. tortesq1

tortesq1 Formula Junior

Feb 6, 2012
    New York
    Full Name:
    Stephen H. Frankel
    Agree 100%. For those of us that rarely will track their cars, not being able to drive their 355C (or whatever) at least 1 day a week makes the car a very expensive paperweight. Which is why non-street legal Challenge cars (or Cup cars) with the possible exception of the 355C/348C have mediocre resale value. Candidly, its only in the past 12 months or so that 355C/348C cars have really exploded in value (like many other "classic" F cars). I think there will always be a very strong demand for a true legitimate street legal 355C. The question is dollars and sense. As much as I'd love a street legal US spec 355C is it worth $150K ? $200K? More ? At some point you just say you'd rather have a 360CS which, if your not going to track the car in a series, is more comfortable and possibly/probably a better driver for amateurs like me. Only downside I see to the 360CS over the 355C is that the 360CS isn't gated and will never have the bonafides of a 355C with race history. 2 totally different cars but for an amateur like me maybe its the better choice.

13. 4th_gear

4th_gear F1 Rookie

Jan 18, 2013
    Full Name:
    Michael
    Are you not glossing over a lot of details though? If you buy a race-only car, you will only ever race in them, so correct me if I am wrong but wouldn't you also need the following if you want to own and regularly enjoy a race-only car:

- a race-car trailer
    - somewhere to park the silly trailer at home
    - somewhere to park the race car in addition to your daily driver or other street-legal toy(s)
    - extra insurance to cover your race car activities
    - probably a bunch of track training courses and certification
    - track fees
    - a complete set of professional level tools
    - at least one extra set of highly expendable race/training tires and rims
    - be prepared to constantly inspect, maintain and replace brake parts
    - be prepared to constantly inspect, maintain and tune suspension, engine and transmission
    - extra clothing only for tracking and racing, garage work
    - probably add a good lift in your garage
    - race fuel
    - expenses for travel and suitable lodgings to/from tracks and events
    - be prepared to replace damaged front ends and panels from extra sh*t that happens
    - be prepared to spend a lot of your "free time" on your track/garage activities

IMO, all of this is big money (much of with is recurring operational costs, not 1-time expenses). IMO, owning a track-only car is just the beginning of your expenses. While you can enjoy a track-only car on a budget, I think once you get a serious track toy like a challenge car, you end up buying into everything else at that level. It is a matter of whether you want to really enjoy the challenge car; and if you do, then you have to really dive in.

Otherwise, if you just like the looks and feel of a challenge car, a street-legal one is good for an occasional thrill if you have the places to drive it at.

14. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    #20 Ferrari 308 Vetro, Apr 24, 2015
  15. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Have to agree, street legal toys are a blast

348 Ch
    355 Ch

Both are going for a spin this weekend as my double vision from surgery is much much better.

Few more weeks I can have fun on 2 wheels

:)

16. mammerman

mammerman Rookie

May 20, 2013
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Ammo
    I just bought one from Ferrari Houston, 2000 model, very good maintenance and belt just changed. My 16 yr old son and I are going to just use it for seat time at MSR Houston race track where we have a garage there to keep it. Price paid $75k with numerous spares

17. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    #23 Ferrari 308 Vetro, May 9, 2015
  18. NbyNW

NbyNW F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

What did it sell for? Any other details? Year? Thanks.

19. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    I Think 2004, Sold for EUR 95.000,--