New GT Racing Series for Gentleman | FerrariChat

New GT Racing Series for Gentleman

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Apr 24, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    Looks like fun for sure, we need more blue racing to use these cars as intended

2. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    We Need this for 430, 360, 355...!

I am sure it comes.

3. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    Yes, I think some sort of a class-ing system will have to be developed, if it's going to get much traction. You don't want to burn up the 360GT chasing cars that out-class it. Otherwise, you're just beating up on it to finish down in the order.

Nevertheless, I like the concept. On this side of the pond, we wouldn't have enough to put a grid together, I don't think at LoM, HSR, VSR or whatever. Even CCR is primarily Challenge cars, and I wouldn't want to wear out the GT dicing with hotted-up Challenge cars (although, I understood that that was to be phased out and the cars were supposed to migrate back to stock challenge cars over time).

Maybe if CCR had a class for GTs...

CW

4. A.McLane

A.McLane Rookie

Jul 26, 2014
    Well put....

As far as CCR, I think it is a good Series, but they really have to "work" on their racing calendar. Besides that... good series with Exceptional people driving in it.

Yes I also think a new Gentlemen Series would be welcomed. NARRA is ok (Home) but just simply GT oriented... (to my opinion)

5. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    348?

I'm more then happy to run my 355 or 348 with 430s

Hitting 458 I would just feel in the way

6. plugzit

plugzit F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 1, 2004
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Full Name:
    Bruce Bogart
    The part about "gentlemen" is interesting. Does a 'gentleman' let you go first through a corner? I want to race with those guys!

7. Sicilian1

Sicilian1 Karting

Oct 7, 2013
    Bethesda,MD
    A. McLane-I agree that CCR is a great series that goes to great tracks. I have never raced with a better group of guys. I was curious about your comment regarding the calendar. What is it about the calendar that is in need of "work"?