NOLA | FerrariChat

NOLA

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Sebas90, Oct 5, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Sebas90

Sebas90 Rookie

Sep 2, 2015
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Sebastian Garcia
    #1 Sebas90, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. Sebas90

Sebas90 Rookie

Sep 2, 2015
    Miami
    Full Name:
    Sebastian Garcia
    #2 Sebas90, Oct 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  3. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Thanks for sharing.

It was actually quite an interesting race track other than the terrible bumps on the straight! It stayed dry all weekend which was more that they could say at Petit Le Mans!!

I was disappointed in the poor turn out (in terms of numbers) for the Challenge Series and also in the F1 /XX Corse Clienti Programmes. With so many Americans having these cars it was shocking to see that very few made the trip down South.

The absent are always wrong and I hope that the spectacle we put on with the FXXKs put a smile on many a face!!

4. Traveller

Traveller F1 Veteran

Apr 10, 2009
    UK
    Full Name:
    Tim
    That explains why I didn't see your car at the factory last weekend when touring the CC areas after speccing my VS.

5. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Why cant the CC go to Road America??

6. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Ask FNA!!

This is a Ferrari Racing Days event with the participation of the CC

7. SoCal1

SoCal1 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 14, 2011
    SoCal LA/OC/New Mexico
    Full Name:
    Tim Dee
    West cost is under utilized and we have lots of cool cars

Porsche is finishing up a great facility here for their customer base to play.

Lots cars this way

:)

8. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Hi Peter, I was there and very much enjoyed the spectacle. You were pushing your car very hard. Great job. I thought there would have been more F1 cars, and I was surprised no FXX's. It was a great weekend.

9. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Would love to hear more of your thoughts on the track...I have driven it a bit and really enjoyed it more than I thought I would enjoy a completely flat track. However, I haven't driven all that many tracks so don't have nearly the basis for comparison as you likely do. Would enjoying hearing thoughts from someone who has lots of experience at varied places.

10. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Initially when I got there on Thursday evening and did a few recon laps in a rental and slowly, I was really disappointed. The end of the straight is "dangerously" bumpy and the track in general seemed devoid of "emotions". It reminded me of Miller Motorsports Park in Utah (I later found out that it was designed by the same guy)

After driving it in the K for a number of laps I found it to be technically interesting. I like the fast sweeping bends that lead onto the back straight and enjoyed turns3,4 and 5 where a real difference can be made. Turn 6 is awkward as you need a lot of steering angle (it turns in on itself) and you are hampered by the change in surface right in the middle of the corner. It is a messy design, not particularly interesting.
    The bumps kill the appreciation of the track though.

Outside of that the complete lack of infrastructure (no pits, nothing) spoils the place that is devoid of any charm

11. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Appreciate the analysis...good thoughts there. Did y'all run it in the "indy" configuration with the straight section cutting through the standard layout's esses on the back side? Those were probably my favorite part, albeit in a MUCH slower car. Like you I also enjoyed 3-4-5. I didn't mind the bumps, to me they kind of spiced it up a little....of course I was only going 80-90 mph when I hit them! :D

http://youtu.be/Qx1EWstZNOI

12. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    Yes we ran the Indy configuration. The bumps are a real problem in a car like the K given its ridgity. Also - as you point out - the speed difference is enormous. I arrive at just over 280 km/h (175 mph) and the car jumps all over the place under braking. Not very pleasant!

The K has an amazing ability to use its power well. For e.g. Between 3 & 4 you hit 165 km/h and on the back straight 270 braking at 400 ft.....:)

13. nathandarby67

nathandarby67 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Feb 1, 2005
    Mississippi
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    Wow! The K performance is simply stunning. What a blast that must be...I hate I didn't get to come see the show in person, hopefully they will be back in the region at some point. I'd suggest Barber Motorsports Park in Birmingham, a much better venue for both participants and spectators.

14. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Peter, what speeds were the K's hitting on main strait entering turn 1?

15. ChalStrad

ChalStrad Formula 3

Jan 22, 2004
    Lausanne Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Peter Mann
    That depends on your exit speed of the last turn!! As I mentioned I hit 280 km/h but was braking early because of the bumps. I think the best registered was 282.

16. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Thanks Peter. 280/282, that is wonderfully quick. When Marc was driving the John's car it looked like it was hopping/bouncing out of turn 16.

It was interesting watching the driving lines variate between the different models of cars and the different drivers out of turn 16.