Ratel Planning GT1 Revival with Blancpain Sports Club | FerrariChat

Ratel Planning GT1 Revival with Blancpain Sports Club

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Ferrari 308 Vetro, Jun 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    This is fantastic. This would be great and real competitive. We will see great cars, homologated (so maybe some road versions would be come out) and a high competition between the drivers. I would like to see though some P1 GTRs, Aston Martin Vulcans, FXX Ks to compete in a series.

Oh my..

2. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Any news on that?

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Can you imagine seeing F12, Aventadors, Vanquish, Vipers, Corvette's all racing in GT1 again?

4. Ferrari 308 Vetro

Ferrari 308 Vetro F1 Rookie

Nov 12, 2012
    Austria
    Thats what I mean...

5. chrixxx

chrixxx Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Mar 22, 2004
    Lucerne
    Full Name:
    Chris
    no news, we had a brief outlook from Stephane the weekend we raced in Barcelona. I guess they just open the entrance for old GT1 Cars alongside with the Ultracar Sports Club as a few old GT1 race horses are stored at the SRO owned MMC racecenter.

I'd love to see some new GT1 cars but question is the plattform and therefore the ROI for the Investors (Manufacturer championship or customer sport??) . GT3 is a good businesscase as you can run the cars over a few years in several championships, WEC is for manufactuerers and AM's where we have the GTE class with a few cars and I doubt there is any space left for a GT1 revival at PRO level.

today you can win the 24hours of Spa at 1/2 of the costs you had back in the GT1 area.

6. 444sp

444sp Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2016
    Ratel talking about GT1 and Hypercars again.
    He said:
    *GT1 still exists today. They are called Vulcan Aston Martin or Ferrari FXX McLaren P1 GTR. The goal is to establish a link with GT1 yesterday.
    *A true championship for Hypercar could only do the ACO. These cars would make the crowd dream. ACO has the right event for this.
    Stéphane Ratel : ?Nous sommes dans l?exceptionnel? | Endurance-Info.com