360 Challenge For Sale - Level 5 | FerrariChat

360 Challenge For Sale - Level 5

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by KMR968Turbo, Apr 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. KMR968Turbo

KMR968Turbo Formula 3

Nov 11, 2007
    Calgary, Alberta
    Full Name:
    Erik
    In another thread there was a discussion about all the cars for sale by auction next month from the now defunct race team Level 5. One of the cars is a 360 Challenge and when search online to get more information on this car I find reference to Scott Tucker cleaning house with it. Is this a stock 360 Challenge? Or has it been tweaked somehow?

2. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    "This 360 Modena Challenge, Serial #126986, was sold new in the Southwestern U.S. It was then sold to Peter Novak of Ft. Lauderdale, Florida with less than 1,000 miles on the odometer. He brought the car to the 2005 Cavallino Classic track days at Moroso Raceway in Palm Beach, Florida. It was offered for sale again in 2006 in the Ferrari Market Letter with the notation: “Scuderia red. All updates, maintained by Shelton Ferrari. Ready for the 2006 Ferrari Challenge.”

Level 5 Motorsports campaigned the car in various SCCA events in 2008 and 2009, setting a track record at La Junta in the process. In addition, the Ferrari 360 was also the national title holder at the SCCA Runoffs at Road America in 2009"

3. CornersWell

CornersWell F1 Rookie

Nov 24, 2004
    IIRC, ST raced under the Boardwalk dealership flag (as is required by the Challenge series rules). However, I believe his cars were all maintained by Level5. He did VERY well with those cars, and the speculation was certainly that Level5 was doing lots of work that would make ST's car illegal in a spec series. However, unless you crack the motor, you may not know for sure.

Our crew chief looked at one of the 458Cs from Level5 on behalf of a potential purchaser and commented that it was a bit of a mess. That surprised me, as I always felt the Level5 guys were top notch.

I'd expect it's not bone-stock.

CW