Fordt GT | FerrariChat

Fordt GT

Discussion in 'Chicago' started by norbert, Apr 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    I guess I shouldn't have erased it, but I received a link to what you had to respond to to attempt to purchase one of the new Ford super cars. It was like, show us your YouTube and Facebook links. A video of you saying why you feel you should be able to purchase one of these cars. Family history with Ford cars.

Ghee, my history that I know of from my father is that his dad purchased a 1939 model new and it smoked from the day they owned it. They never purchase a Ford product again.

If they just want a kiss butt guy to buy purchase one of these things, then, more reason for me to never consider a Ford product.... (By the way, the instrument panel totally turned me off liking the recent model. If they would have just spent $.50 more on it.)

2. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    A bit ironic coming from a poster on a Ferrari forum :)

I personally don't see the problem with someone who is loyal to the Ford brand getting priority, it's the way it should be really.

3. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    And it would, arguably, reward their long-time buyers while discouraging speculators.

4. fpb

fpb Karting

Dec 18, 2003
    MI, Chicago
    Why wouldn't Ford want to sell these cars to owners who are going to be good brand ambassadors?

BTW, considering the performance of the car, why on earth would the instrument panel design be the reason to not buy the car? If the Mustang GT350 (and last Ford GT) is any indication of what Ford is capable of with its performance cars, the GT is going to shame Ferrari again.

5. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Yes, this should be an incredible car that anyone would be lucky to have. Even more lucky if you got one of the race versions in your collection after they are retired!!

I think a certain 1966 model FORD has more to do with this cars history than a smoking 1939 FORD.

6. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    #7 norbert, May 3, 2016
    Last edited: May 3, 2016
    Please post your, "please sell me speech", record your big kisses video and post it here also for all of us to appreciate your begging....

Please, I am saying that for me, it appears to be very pedestrian if this is the way Ford is addressing the public concerning the purchase of this car.....(P.S. Townshend, I am giving you a way out of this one as I know you are a pile of ......from your "of the gods enlighten" posts in the past. Please reach the age of enlightenment in the future for even the gods f_ckup....

Sort of a sew up the...stitches... On someones.....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TN7NYRnQO5M

7. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    Sorry you completely lost me, I'm not sure what you're getting at..?

I don't have a video asking Ford for an allocation.

8. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    I am getting at that you are nothing in any of your posts but a middle nothing.... unless you feel you have a chance to jump down someones throat. Why did you respond so soon...it is because you have nothing else to do in your life but be on forums.

You are very good being a limp nothing with your replies. Have fun with others. Take sides when it to your advantage which has nothing to do with how you actually feel. Must have been a debating class that really made you feel like a man ( a nothing). Please I have a rope, you can to try to beat the pissing up it any time you feel you have the pressure. You are behind anything that I would consider a realistic post to anything that I would ever present. But you have such strength I know. So I feel sorry for your followers also....If there is really a tragedy where you live...please let me know which life boat you would throw the old lady out of to save yourself so I may help her...

9. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Well this escalated quickly.

10. mseals

mseals Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Sep 9, 2007
    Kuwait
    Full Name:
    Mike Seals
    User banned for two weeks for being disruptive, confrontational, and for making it personal.

Mike

11. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    lol, no kidding.

Norbert, I'm not sure if you're confusing me with someone else, especially since we've never had any interactions previously, but I'm happy to discuss offline. Feel free to PM me.

12. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    #13 ypsilon, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    Odd thread.

Don't want to interfere, if I'm correct you actually have, sort of, just last month on the 15th of april you've wished him well on a car crash two of his friends had.

Also a message to the mods, maybe things aren't going well with Norbert.

13. Townshend

Townshend F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 20, 2005
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Walter
    I intended to mean an in depth interaction, aside from a sincere post during the thread he started regarding his friends, I can't recall ever speaking to Norbert.

Either way, not necessary to ban from my end, I am more curious if there was an action I took to rub him the wrong way. Or if others feel negatively about myself by all means feel free to reach out.

14. ypsilon

ypsilon F1 Rookie

May 4, 2008
    the Netherlands
    #15 ypsilon, May 4, 2016
    Last edited: May 4, 2016
    I got that.

Except what I meant was his reaction seems so strange/out of place, I figured maybe theirs something wrong with him personally.

15. farrbar

farrbar Karting

Sep 28, 2006
    Chicagoland
    Last month I was thinking how boring the Chicago section got.....

Back on the topic - Walter I agree with your comment about a Company rewarding brand loyalty and/or those that will promote or be be good for the brand. How does Ferrari allocate supercars? Tesla is giving priority to existing owners for its new product.... I got one of the first 2003 Dodge Vipers because I was a repat customer.

Conversely, I believe that the 2005 and 2006 Ford GT allocations were determined based on the dealer as opposed to customer. In that model, the dealer holds all the leverage and sets "market price"... Whereas, if the allocation is granted to customer and they get a portable certificate then they are much more likely to get a car at MSRP (hey dealer, I'll pay MSRP from you, or I'll take my allocation to another dealer that will sell it to me at MSRP... And wouldn't a GT look nice on showroom floor, dealer makes a healthy profit on car they never had to floor plan, and without a brand loyal customer they would have never received the allocation.....

P.s. - I have met Walter in person at a car show, nice guy.

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    The Chicago section is indeed very boring. I agree.

17. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Have to read through this one again when I have the time...

18. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    I read through all of the posts...in the future...I will just comment on the weather...Have more important things in my life....

19. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Bye the way, now I now your name is Mike....small...big Kahuna....Next time...hope you continue to do your job well....

20. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
  21. norbert

norbert Formula Junior

Jun 22, 2003
    Charlotte, NC Area
    Full Name:
    Norbert Ertel
    Great isn't it when the powers....

22. V8Fun

V8Fun Karting

Aug 16, 2010
    Chicago West Suburbs
    Full Name:
    Mike
    Norbert - I know that the Chicago area on fchat isn't all that exciting and active. However, I would really appreciate it if you would keep your posts on-topic, and avoid commenting on other people who post here. It does not set the tone of respect and even enthusiasm for Ferrari and other cars that people come here to participate in.

If you want to post random quotes and Dean Martin videos, I'm sure there is a better online forum for that somewhere else.

Thank you

23. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    +1