Go Back   FerrariChat.com > Regional Areas - USA West > Chicago

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2012, 02:55 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Dino
Congrats and enjoy the new toy!
I am going to need to talk to you about it after you have some more drive time. I am looking at adding a Viper to the collection.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-25-2012, 03:14 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP365 View Post
First, GREAT CAR! The Viper is on my bucket list. Second, go to the hearing office on Addison just west of Western. I have gotten out of two plate tickets there. Take a picture of the front indicating that it does not have brackets. Then take a picture of the car with the plate "affixed" sans shoe laces (try double sided tape). Tell the hearing officer you just got the car and had not found a way to affix the plate but it is now on the car. As a general rule I HIGLY recommend using the Addison office because the hearing officers tend to be attorneys who need the money. In my experience, most people don’t give them basic respect and it costs them. If you bring pictures and are nicely dressed, they tend to give you a warning and send you on your way. All you have to lose is about a half hour of your time. They stop hearing complaints around 3:30 or 4:00. Good Luck!
Thanks for the advice! I stopped by today, apparently you have to schedule the hearing first but they should be mailing me with a date to come in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by farrbar View Post
I have owned 5 vipers and I have an extra bracket that allows front plate w/o drilling. Pm me. Congrats on the purchase.
Thanks to farrbar I now have a removable front plate bracket & some other cool Viper merchandise!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dino V View Post
Congrats and enjoy the new toy!
I am going to need to talk to you about it after you have some more drive time. I am looking at adding a Viper to the collection.
I'd be more than happy to I've put on about 800 miles so far... there is about an inch thick of grime coating the car esp. the wheels. They are so filthy they look like gunmetal from a distance. The streak is where I ran my finger through
Attached Images
File Type: jpg filthy.jpg (193.3 KB, 236 views)
Old 04-25-2012, 05:03 PM
Karting
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Webby View Post
Thanks for the advice! I stopped by today, apparently you have to schedule the hearing first but they should be mailing me with a date to come in.

Thanks to farrbar I now have a removable front plate bracket & some other cool Viper merchandise!

I'd be more than happy to I've put on about 800 miles so far... there is about an inch thick of grime coating the car esp. the wheels. They are so filthy they look like gunmetal from a distance. The streak is where I ran my finger through
As long as you are not going to track the car, I suggest EBC Green brake pads, otherwise the brake dust on Vipers can be brutal.
Old 04-26-2012, 09:25 PM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Dino
Awesome, glad you're getting to enjoy and drive it.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-30-2012, 11:45 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Very nice car. I had a silver 03 srt. A few recommendations based off close to 100,000 miles seat time....get rid of the run flats if they are still on the car. As well, invest in a short throw kit or even just an MGW shifter. Makes a world of difference for every day driveability. I ran belanger headers, random tech hi flows and corsa track exhaust. A little loud but a great combination.
A good parts supplier is JonB at Partsrack and DC Performance in California.
Old 05-01-2012, 10:05 AM
F1 World Champ
Consultant

Full Name: Ryan Alexander
Congratulations!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:49 AM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Travis
How is the leg room in the Gen III compared to the Gen II? I went to buy a Gen II cash in hand, but at 6'3" - it just didn't work. I was very sad as I also have been wanting one all my life.
Old 06-20-2012, 01:31 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Andrew
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP365 View Post
First, GREAT CAR! The Viper is on my bucket list. Second, go to the hearing office on Addison just west of Western. I have gotten out of two plate tickets there. Take a picture of the front indicating that it does not have brackets. Then take a picture of the car with the plate "affixed" sans shoe laces (try double sided tape). Tell the hearing officer you just got the car and had not found a way to affix the plate but it is now on the car. As a general rule I HIGLY recommend using the Addison office because the hearing officers tend to be attorneys who need the money. In my experience, most people donít give them basic respect and it costs them. If you bring pictures and are nicely dressed, they tend to give you a warning and send you on your way. All you have to lose is about a half hour of your time. They stop hearing complaints around 3:30 or 4:00. Good Luck!
Thanks JP! I had my hearing today and he let me off because I had just purchased the car. Awesome!
Old 06-20-2012, 05:30 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Phillip K
Quote:
Originally Posted by bounty View Post
How is the leg room in the Gen III compared to the Gen II? I went to buy a Gen II cash in hand, but at 6'3" - it just didn't work. I was very sad as I also have been wanting one all my life.
Gen III Conv had less leg room compared to the my Gen II GTS