1/12 models (Tamiya/Kyosho/Autoart) | FerrariChat

1/12 models (Tamiya/Kyosho/Autoart)

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by mattymouse33, Apr 24, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Well i thought I'd start a thread about 1/12's in general as what always happens is we ask loads of questions about models not related to the thread so hopefully this thread will help base most things in the one place.

May as well start with a few questions.

1. What is you're favourite 1/12 model?

2. If you could have one built, what would it be (colour etc too)?

3. is there such a way that we can put our recommendations to these firms in such a way that they see a lot of interest for a car therefore consider building it?

My favourite to date would probably be my orange AA murcielago but i wish it was in green.

If i could have a 1/12 built, it would be an orange Diablo 6.0 without the wing.

Regards,

Matthew

2. Christian.Fr

Christian.Fr Two Time F1 World Champ

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    hi Matt,
    first of all I haven't only one model preferred but several.

1- Enzo Tamyia 1/12, CLK GTR AA, F40 kyosho, F50 Tamiya, Lamborghini Murcielago Orange RTG kit, 250 GTO Revell, 300 SLR....

2-own a FXX red, black, grey... a true terrific car!

3-a them on the other hand to produce the models at the 1/12 with a small pallet of color to the choice. I find the design very long of the infos diluted little by little, in short too long waiting, between the forecast and the exit
    a model several months passed, the black exit of Tamiya Enzo has surprised me, almost incognito. finally i will like they lower the prices without touching has quality.

so at the moment i m waiting for FXX version this car it s pure sport,
    what i like.

3. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    included the MC12 in futur

artsd likes this.
  4. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    At the moment my favourite 1/12 model I have is my Yellow Autoart Murcielago closely followed by my Kyosho F40's.

I'm with you Matt as I would love an orange Diablo 6.0 in 1/12 built by Autoart more than anything else I guess. More 1/12 Lambos full stop - a diecast Countach QV would be lovely.

5. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    QV sounds nice, what colour? Think I'd need to go for red or white, probably red cause thats the colour of the one in Cannonball run, when the two chicks are being chased and drive through the worksite and the guy hoses the white paint off to reveal red, AWESOME!

Actually just sent a mail to AA to tell them to get their fingers out and produce the 6.0 in 1/18 and 1/12. Imagine them releasing the Gallardo over a 6.0. defies belief if you ask me!

6. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Surely you have a favourite? On other words, if someone broke into you're house and stole all but one, which one would you wish they left (sorry but its the only way i thought of asking)

regards,

Matthew

7. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    1. I like the Orange LM
    2. Diablo in Yellow and Diablo 6.0 in lime green
    3. no comment....

8. johneli1

johneli1 Formula Junior

Feb 10, 2006
    Hampshire, England
    Full Name:
    John
    Matt, I'd go for a White Countach QV and probably buy two - one to have the Koenig side skirts added. I tried to get AutoPlaceModel to do the Koenig skirts for the 1/18 Kyosho Countach but they didn't think there'd be enough demand. With regards to the Diablo 6.0, I emailed Autoart ages ago as they did, at one point, have plans to make it in 1/18 then shelved it. They said they were not going to produce it in the future. I think it would be so easy for them to do with the number of Diablo variants they have produced. With the amount of guys that obviously love the 6.0 on Lamborghinichat they have a ready made market. I know there is a company who are putting together a transkit so that might be the answer.

9. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    i shoot the man! no chance for him... my electronic security detection is the top.

10. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Thats the answer we like to hear!

:)

11. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    you plan to get the LM?

12. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    You still not get my mail? I was wondering the rough price of it?

13. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    No, I got nothing.. how about you email me directly now or use th PM box.

14. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Sorry Michael, I forgot part of you're address. You should have it now or v soon

15. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    just PM you

16. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    absolute action.

17. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    Enzo 1/12 are not expensive... and you can still buy them... so...even the guy stole all your cars... it is still not a problem....you can able to buy them back in market....

same issues for the rest of your cars:

CLK GTR AA, F40 kyosho, F50 Tamiya, Lamborghini Murcielago Orange RTG kit, 250 GTO Revell, 300 SLR....

LOL

18. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    sur! i will reconize on ebay...LOL
    i don t want to imagine this, it s terrific for me.
    so i m waiting to be installed in new appartment, i will take a room for expose them, i m looking for a display. there s 3 months i don t putt a eye on cars!!
    the last one was LM orange (yours) and SLR
    waiting rims FXX......Oufff where is the Black Enzo in which box??????

19. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    black enzo?? Lost during moving home!!

20. johng

johng Formula 3

Oct 23, 2004
    northern va
    Full Name:
    john g
    i would love to see a 1/12 308 GTB or 275 GTB or Daytona GTS. in something other than red. in azzuro california, marrone, canne di fucile, verde scuro..........

i currently only own the 1/12 kyosho F40, and it's pretty nice. but i've seen the AA murcielago, and i think it's slightly nicer.

john

21. Christian.Fr

Jun 9, 2005
    Full Name:
    Christian.Fr
    No i got too much box, i don t remenber where are they, i reconize someone of them but not a all..next month i must to put all box in new house it will
    be finished. too long!! had this time i got many papers for legalized my entry
    in Spain, big big work! some 4 hours waiting my ticket turn...no comment.

22. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Hey guys, I put up a lot more shelves in the pool room so the collection looks a lot better now. I'll need to get some fresh photos as i dont think you's have seen my Carrera GT yet, not that its that great anyway. Put up alot more of my 1/18's though.

Mike, about the LM, I'd probably wait for a while to be honest.

23. slk99

slk99 Formula 3

Jun 8, 2004
    ok

24. Z0RR0

Z0RR0 F1 Rookie

Apr 11, 2004
    Montreal, Canada
    Full Name:
    Julien
    1 - Current favourite is the Tamiya F50, red with the top on. I can't wait to see AutoArt's Murcielago Roadster as well.

2 - Bugatti EB110 GT, bordeaux red.

3 - I think it would be easier and quicker to learn by myself how to make a model ...

25. mattymouse33

mattymouse33 F1 Rookie

Oct 25, 2004
    We'll set aboot ye!
    Full Name:
    Matthew
    Nice choice Julien, the F50 is a lovely model, nicer than the F40 in my opinion.

The EB110 would be a cracker. Have you ever seen them in person? I had two parked outside my hotel in Geneva some years ago. I remember having breakfast in the morning and hearing the thunder as one drove back in from the motorway and by the hotel window. I took hundreds of photos of that trip, no wonder!