333SP book by David Seibert | FerrariChat

333SP book by David Seibert

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by 360gtracer, Dec 1, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 360gtracer

360gtracer Formula 3

May 18, 2004
    A friend has a couple extra copies of the Ferrari 333SP book by David Seibert. This book was originally published in 1995 and was part of a series (I think this is volume 13 - but don't quote me). It's an excellent book, but of course is somewhat out of date as the 333 continued to race successfully into the early Y2Ks.

This book as been out of print for quite sometime (according to Mr. Seibert himself) and, as I understand it, is fairly difficult to find. As such, the asking price is $105, shipping anywhere in continental US (only) included. The book can be shipped elsewhere, but at the buyers expense.

If interested, e-mail me at [email protected].

Thank you,

G. Parker

2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    The Cavalleria Series??

I have the whole set, but that would be a good one to have.....

3. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    David, I know you can hear me, will you sign a copy for me? Not sure when I'll see you next.

4. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Now $105 for a SIGNED copy.....NOW you're talkin'!!!!!!!

5. 33FoWGasman

33FoWGasman Rookie

Dec 1, 2004
    The Book has been out of print here in the states for sometime. It took me about 6 months th locate a copy for myself and a friend. Yes I used all the book find sites, ISBN number searches nothing ZIP, ZERO Nutta hit anywere in the States.

I am hoping to get $105.00 per copy which is covering the cost of the book and overseas shipping. I am hoping that I can get these books sold to someone by the 05 Daytona 24hrs.

Thanks

6. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Post a pic.....we're all visual types here......

7. 33FoWGasman

33FoWGasman Rookie

Dec 1, 2004
    I would love to post a picture but my computer skills are not up to the task.

I am down to One copy of the 333SP by David Seibert.

8. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    #8 Old Guy, Dec 9, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    This photo, copyrighted by Richard A. Dole and used with permission, is from the 333 SP book. It's Jay Cochran at Road Atlanta on Thursday practice in the rain in 1994, the first-ever appearance of a 333 SP on a race track. I personally think it's one of the finest racing images ever done.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

9. kevfla

kevfla Formula 3

Nov 20, 2003
    Full Name:
    gone 4 good
    Sitting in the grandstands near Turn 4 at Daytona, hearing the 333 circle the track alone. The exhaust note, captured by the cold, dense air that blanketed the track that morning, enabled the car to be heard regardless where you happened to be sitting (or standing). Guess it would have been 1995, on a test day preceeding the 24 Hours. The sound raised the hair on the back of my neck! That memory followed by watching "Mad" Max Papis vainly trying to catch up with Wayne Taylor in a later 24 Hours of Daytona. When was that? 1996? 1997?

KevFla

10. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Mr. Parker, welcome to FerrariChat - although i see you've been here since May... Your blank profile tells us nothing about you... :)

i sent you a Private Message...

11. Old Guy

Old Guy Formula Junior
    Honorary

Dec 1, 2003
    No longer here
    Kevin,

That was 1996, and that was the year Max made his reputation (and acquired his nickname) in the U.S. I was in the pits when he was coming in for his last stop, and everyone (in all pits) was warned to be out of the way. There was no pit speed limit then, and Max came onto pit road at roughly 175 MPH. His pit was at the far end, and he didn't seriously slow until he got close. Max (and Moretti, Bob Wollek, and Didier Theys) almost won, but ended up in a close second place. (After that a pit speed limit was implemented.)

As an aside, Kevin, the 2005 Rolex looks like it will have one of the most interesting groups of drivers ever. Watch the entry list -- it's going to resemble the IROCs of the old days.

12. 33FoWGasman

33FoWGasman Rookie

Dec 1, 2004
    Both books have been sold!!

Thanks,

Lee