Go Back   FerrariChat.com > General Forums > Collectables, Literature, & Models - Sponsored by Amalgam Collection

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-12-2015, 07:48 AM
Formula Junior
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Dino Milic-Jakovlic
I had a meeting with Bburago at Nuremberg Toy Fair and they wee fast to assure me that they indeed are starting with toys in all or most of scales but that they will add the more accurate and detailed collectors' lines in the future.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 02-12-2015, 08:06 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Roy
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmj View Post
I had a meeting with Bburago at Nuremberg Toy Fair and they wee fast to assure me that they indeed are starting with toys in all or most of scales but that they will add the more accurate and detailed collectors' lines in the future.
Good to hear... I guess... sounds like we're in for a bit of a wait. That's unfortunate. I'm sure they'll be forever playing catch-up. Really a shame, as HWE had been putting out some of their best models ever.
Old 02-12-2015, 11:36 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Mule
Things I have seen on the "situation"

Maisto Ferrari - HobbyTalk

Norymberga Toy Fair 2015 | Kolekcjoner Bburago
Old 02-18-2015, 11:01 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

More pictures of the new cars, but only the 1/64 (almost) size. Not so good, but these are Bburago; Maisto may be better.

T-Hunted!: As novas Ferraris da Maisto/Bburago!

You can translate the page in your browser.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:09 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Dennis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mule View Post
More pictures of the new cars, but only the 1/64 (almost) size. Not so good, but these are Bburago; Maisto may be better.

T-Hunted!: As novas Ferraris da Maisto/Bburago!

You can translate the page in your browser.
Hot wheels seems to have tried to get the scale/proportions correct for the eye, while Maisto/Bburago seems to like to get the accessory details, such as side mirrors, in there at the expense of the stance/proportions.
Old 02-19-2015, 04:22 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisForza View Post
Hot wheels seems to have tried to get the scale/proportions correct for the eye, while Maisto/Bburago seems to like to get the accessory details, such as side mirrors, in there at the expense of the stance/proportions.
Unfortunately, the 1/64 Kyosho are gone now too, and they seem to have been the best of both worlds (like their 1/43 and 1/18). I collect 1/64 street cars, 1/43 F1, and occasionally a 1/18. We shall see how the level of "eliteness vs. toyness" is across the scales.
Old 04-18-2015, 02:17 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

So, mid-April, and no news or products from Maisto/Bburago on any Ferraris in the USA. A couple of toys posted on their Facebook page only. I would like to see that proposal they sold to Maranello.

No new Hot Wheels 1/64 mainline Ferraris anymore on the pegs. The last few 599XX are disappearing.

Also, Maisto used to make some really good 1/43 cars. About 10 years ago, they made the MB GLK-GTRs and CLK-LMs, and they were as good as Minichamps...and you could get them at Wal-mart. They can make good cars (or could).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0870.jpg (70.1 KB, 337 views)
Old 04-20-2015, 01:22 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
So, mid-April, and no news or products from Maisto/Bburago on any Ferraris in the USA. A couple of toys posted on their Facebook page only. I would like to see that proposal they sold to Maranello.

No new Hot Wheels 1/64 mainline Ferraris anymore on the pegs. The last few 599XX are disappearing.

Also, Maisto used to make some really good 1/43 cars. About 10 years ago, they made the MB GLK-GTRs and CLK-LMs, and they were as good as Minichamps...and you could get them at Wal-mart. They can make good cars (or could).
But can they make a good 1/64th for a buck a piece?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-20-2015, 05:37 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
But can they make a good 1/64th for a buck a piece?
Hot Wheels and Matchbox will always win that. Dinky, Majorette, Polistil, low-end Maisto, Walmart store brand are all plastic toys with bad proportions and bad wheels.

Greenlight, M2, Johnny Lightning (now extinct), Auto World, Jada, nicer Maisto, and Kyosho make good 1/64 cars but $4-$20 or more.

I wish Hot Wheels could have kept their 1/64 $1.00 cars, like they have since the first Ferrari in 1970.

I said over on one of the hobby forums, that I can buy a licensed, accurate, metal Lambo, Porsche, McLaren, Aston, Mercedes, Pagani or muscle car for a buck in 2015. Unbelievable, it's gone for Ferrari.
Old 04-24-2015, 07:05 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Alberto
Niki Lauda 1976 FERRARI 312 T2 #1 MONACO GP BLY40 by Hot Wheels Elite,
is still widely available.

Will the situation of Hot Wheels stopping production, affect values?
Not that I am trying to 'corner the market' in any way

Just curious, as for instance, good luck on finding a Hot Wheels GT Dino in 1/18, unless it is a GTS or racing variants,
that are all over the place.

Regards, Alberto
Old 04-25-2015, 09:33 PM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Unfortunately, the 1/64 Kyosho are gone now too, and they seem to have been the best of both worlds (like their 1/43 and 1/18). I collect 1/64 street cars, 1/43 F1, and occasionally a 1/18. We shall see how the level of "eliteness vs. toyness" is across the scales.
Why are Kyosho's 1/64s gone? AFAIK they are considered assembly kits and not models, that's why they can make them. Well, that was the deal in the Mattel years. Still, I haven't found any info about their Ferrari line being cancelled...

I didn't know the Bburago deal included 1/64s so that HW stopped making them. That doesn't seem a wise decision. Cancel a license to the most sold toy (not to say model car) in the world? That's stupid.
Old 04-26-2015, 12:33 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by brau View Post
Why are Kyosho's 1/64s gone? AFAIK they are considered assembly kits and not models, that's why they can make them. Well, that was the deal in the Mattel years. Still, I haven't found any info about their Ferrari line being cancelled...

I didn't know the Bburago deal included 1/64s so that HW stopped making them. That doesn't seem a wise decision. Cancel a license to the most sold toy (not to say model car) in the world? That's stupid.
All rumors, since Bburao has not released any info...

the Lamley Group: Another Ferrari License casualty? The fantastic Kyosho Ferraris...

"There are rumors circulating that Maisto, who now has the exclusive licensing agreement with Ferrari, has purchased the Ferrari molds from Kyosho, allowing them to jump into the market with multiple Ferrari castings that they do not need to develop. If that is the case, it could very well mean that Kyosho's long-time partnership with Ferrari is also over."
Old 04-26-2015, 11:56 AM
Rookie
Not Subscribed

Quote:
All rumors, since Bburao has not released any info...

the Lamley Group: Another Ferrari License casualty? The fantastic Kyosho Ferraris...

"There are rumors circulating that Maisto, who now has the exclusive licensing agreement with Ferrari, has purchased the Ferrari molds from Kyosho, allowing them to jump into the market with multiple Ferrari castings that they do not need to develop. If that is the case, it could very well mean that Kyosho's long-time partnership with Ferrari is also over."
Hope it doesn't happen, though if Maisto re-releases them in the same format and quality it would be a great opportunity to get some of the hard to get old ones which are way to pricey right not. Though I'd prefer Kyosho to keep the license.

Thanks for the info.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:11 AM
In Memoriam
Not Subscribed

Here's a few...bburago.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg m3lWQng45-Rsur6BmhJHnhA.jpg (11.9 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg mT9MxscLXiWcYjFWGa15tAw.jpg (12.5 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg mKY1Z7RrlSLwE1xwCPlACEQ.jpg (9.3 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg mBGEr8NhszCWN-AyzilRAhw.jpg (10.0 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg moXW1_KvG61GRbOJ7qX_c1Q.jpg (9.2 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg m5dU_VTiCLWxch2bB2O_KdA.jpg (8.9 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg mQUn1WQ_ERF_h6jB2wmB8Jw.jpg (10.1 KB, 155 views)

Last edited by bushwhacker; 04-29-2015 at 06:22 AM.
Old 04-29-2015, 06:43 AM
In Memoriam
Not Subscribed

Is this the new look of Maisto.? In kit form like Kyosho complete with mini screwdriver from the Kyosho dyes? If so
all the more reasons for original Hotwheels and Kyosho values to sky rocket.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:04 AM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Interesting that it is Bburago on the toys and Maisto on the kits. The kits are a bit different from Kyosho, especially the wheels, axles and paint. Bburago/Maisto has always done poorly on the wheels. The Bburago toys look out of proportion, especially the F40. Where did you see them, Dennis? I may get some to compare.

There are a few 1/24 Bburago diecast Ferraris on ebay now from US sellers.
Old 04-29-2015, 11:30 AM
In Memoriam
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Interesting that it is Bburago on the toys and Maisto on the kits. The kits are a bit different from Kyosho, especially the wheels, axles and paint. Bburago/Maisto has always done poorly on the wheels. The Bburago toys look out of proportion, especially the F40. Where did you see them, Dennis? I may get some to compare.

There are a few 1/24 Bburago diecast Ferraris on ebay now from US sellers.
Yeah Mule,

Saw them on E-Bay as well and on a Google image search. Haven;t seen them in person but you're right the Bburago look a bit larger?
Old 04-29-2015, 12:58 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by bushwhacker View Post
Here's a few...bburago.
Anyone know the price point?
Old 04-29-2015, 01:25 PM
In Memoriam
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Anyone know the price point?
Well too early to tell where they will end up but here's a screenshot of one with free shipping from Ebay.
I noticed a lot coming from Europe so get ready to pay a premium for shipping.
My guess is at the start they will be $6.00 ea. plus a cazillion for shipping so around $14-$18 ?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Screen shot 2015-04-29 at 11.20.56 AM.jpg (48.4 KB, 145 views)
Old 04-29-2015, 02:59 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

These look closer to Kyosho, and free shipping. Still don't think these are the "new" stuff.

Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano Blue Maisto Assembly Line Diecast Kit 13 Parts Mint New | eBay

Still no word on F1 cars or "real" diecast 1/43 and 1/18.