Colombian Policia 348 | FerrariChat

Colombian Policia 348

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by ClydeM, Apr 5, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    #1 ClydeM, Apr 5, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    My Colombian nephew-in-law is coming up on 2 and his mom & dad aren't shy about introducing him to Ferraris. My kinda parents :) Anyway, I thought it would be neat to replicate the Colombian Policia 348 as a gift to him.

I haven't built a model since I was a kid :(

I've bought a MIRA White 348 as a base. Screws to secure & remove the body make painting easier. A flashing police bar for the roof. I can certainly mask-off & paint the green & black portions of the car (When I figure out the shade of green) with a foo-foo can or airbrush.

But replicating the POLICIA wording & the Policia door logo...I do have an Paasche flow pencil, but not steady enough hands to ink it.

Ideas? is there a service where perhaps I can upload pic & get them to print a decal or stencil?
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Scratchbuilt

Scratchbuilt Karting

Oct 8, 2008
    There are services that print decals but printing from a photo would not produce a good result. The best way would be to commission a graphic artist to make the vector art for the printer.

3. Dexter Models

Dexter Models Karting

Dec 22, 2006
    Reims - FRANCE
    Full Name:
    FACON Bob
    I can do the job (Drawing & printing).
    But all depends of informations you can provide and your budget of course.

4. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL