New to me 1986 328 GTS | FerrariChat

New to me 1986 328 GTS

Discussion in 'Mid-Atlantic Region - USA (PA, DE, MD, DC, VA)' started by DCSkinDoc, Nov 24, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DCSkinDoc

DCSkinDoc Rookie

Nov 24, 2014
    I am new to the Ferrari world and thought that this would be a good introduction. I am a very anal Porsche owner who lives in MoCo and I am looking for a great Ferrari mechanic for my new 328. Also, does anyone have recs for seat covers? The seats are pristine and I want to keep them that way. Lastly, does anyone know if I can get this car registered as a historic vehicle? What are the advantages if I register it this way?
    Thanks ahead of time.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

2. Statler

Statler F1 World Champ

Jun 7, 2011
    Welcome, Doc.

Try your post in the general Mid-Atlantic region below, instead of the sponsor section. One question is easily answered though… the forum your thread is in here is Competizione. They're a very good place to take your 328. They're in Gaithersburg.

Cheers.

3. E60 M5

E60 M5 Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Jan 2, 2006
    Wash DC area
    Full Name:
    Robert
  4. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Any car - not significantly modified - over 20 years old can be registered as a Historic vehicle. Advantages - lower registration fees, no need for state inspection when registering the car, and they are still the plain white with black numbers - not the 1812 background. OK, the last is an advantage in my eyes at least.

Welcome. There is a pretty good group of folks in the area to hook up with for drives or get some questions answered.

Curtis

5. curtisc63

curtisc63 Formula 3
    Owner

Dec 13, 2005
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Curtis Campbell
    Oh, yeah - this thread is worthless without pics of your new car!

6. Smaug

Smaug Karting

May 9, 2011
    NoVA
    Full Name:
    Jeff
    +1 for Competizione. Ultra-competent and top-notch customer service.

7. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir
    Your in Mo. Co. without a doubt Competizione is the place for to go. You are lucky to have them so close.

8. DennisForza

DennisForza Formula 3

May 23, 2006
    Arlington, VA
    Full Name:
    Dennis
  9. sunir

sunir Formula Junior

Oct 30, 2014
    MD
    Full Name:
    Sunir