Go Back   FerrariChat.com > The Ferrari Lifestyle > Creative Arts

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-19-2017, 11:18 PM
F1 Rookie
Consultant

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm2 View Post
'Never put up a sketch/rendering that you can't support. They just might choose it as the direction'..........then what are you going to do?
Grunt out an Aztek, sounds like! Never found it as disturbing as most seemed to, though, and it has a point of view.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 04-20-2017, 06:22 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: john
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Protouring442 View Post
No offense, but I've never seen anything like the Juke & Lexus above on ExpeditionPortal. Most of the stuff there is about vehicles that can actually traverse hostile terrain, not mall crawling.
of course, my point was the aesthetics........or lack thereof
Old 04-20-2017, 06:24 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by anunakki View Post
The 15 year old in me loves that Extreme Aztek !
not to worry, I like it at my age
once a geahead......always a gearhead
Old 04-20-2017, 08:17 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Bill Kistner
Quote:
of course, my point was the aesthetics........or lack thereof
Well, most expedition vehicles are a bit "function over form." The trouble is, those things you posted up have neither.
"The right to self defense is fundamental to a free state. If, by dictate of the state, it is unlawful to defend your own person, you are not a citizen nor even a subject; you are property." -Bill Kistner
Old 04-20-2017, 06:50 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Well, most expedition vehicles are a bit "function over form." The trouble is, those things you posted up have neither.
nor do they have any other redeeming features
Old 04-20-2017, 08:05 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Bill Kistner
Quote:
nor do they have any other redeeming features
The Lexus can be used by Clone Troopers to protect their heads from enemy fire.
"The right to self defense is fundamental to a free state. If, by dictate of the state, it is unlawful to defend your own person, you are not a citizen nor even a subject; you are property." -Bill Kistner
Old 04-20-2017, 09:03 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
The Lexus can be used by Clone Troopers to protect their heads from enemy fire.
Old 04-21-2017, 07:01 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Awesome, very cool
Old 04-23-2017, 08:33 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Tom Tanner
A few GM concept Corvettes and a Mustang.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Corvettre.jpg (58.8 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg Corvetteastre.jpg (26.4 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg Corvetture.jpg (38.2 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg Corvettewe.jpg (48.8 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg ffffford.jpg (42.1 KB, 156 views)
Old 04-24-2017, 08:22 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1tommy View Post
A few GM concept Corvettes and a Mustang.
The last red one is a Ford Design project
Old 04-24-2017, 01:42 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: James
Cool More is better......

the avtoros shaman 8x8 is an amphibious all-terrain vehicle

(be sure to watch the video; it's really well done!)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg avtoros-shaman-designboom-04.jpg (111.8 KB, 147 views)
Old 04-24-2017, 05:09 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
the avtoros shaman 8x8 is an amphibious all-terrain vehicle

(be sure to watch the video; it's really well done!)
awesome!
Old 04-27-2017, 11:35 AM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Alex Imnadza:where is this talented young designer now?

File this under: Newly discovered talent

Sometimes you discover a new talent by accident. The second I saw this designer's work, II wished I was the head of a design studio. If I were, I’d offer this young man a job.

I discovered him on the net by a picture of a car called the Bora Concept. The picture was so real looking I thought I was looking at a car that was already built.

Then I googled the designer’s name and found it was Alex Imnadza. He was described in a 2013 story as a Torino native, an intern at Bertone. Bertone has since gone out of business so I am curious where he’s gone.

I found a website on him where he identifies himself as T"ransportation Designer / Architect / CG Artist / Experience - FCA – Design Center AlfaRomeo , Design Center Bertone, Ford Motor company." He lists his e-mail as: alexanderimnadze@gmail.com.

I think he has good conceptual instincts plus world class photoshop skills to make his visions look real. Plus he has great respect for the designs that came before him, a feel for what made the great sports cars great.

Let’s get him some attention so the design studio heads don’t miss him….
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Boraconcept front.jpg (64.7 KB, 121 views)
File Type: jpg Boraconceptrear.jpg (63.0 KB, 123 views)
File Type: jpg Bugatti concept.jpg (60.4 KB, 120 views)
File Type: jpg 6Cdiscovolante.jpg (53.4 KB, 122 views)
Old 04-27-2017, 12:03 PM
F1 Rookie
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jeff Kennedy
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitzman View Post
File this under: Newly discovered talent

Sometimes you discover a new talent by accident. The second I saw this designer's work, II wished I was the head of a design studio. If I were, I’d offer this young man a job.

I discovered him on the net by a picture of a car called the Bora Concept. The picture was so real looking I thought I was looking at a car that was already built.

Then I googled the designer’s name and found it was Alex Imnadza. He was described in a 2013 story as a Torino native, an intern at Bertone. Bertone has since gone out of business so I am curious where he’s gone.

I found a website on him where he identifies himself as T"ransportation Designer / Architect / CG Artist / Experience - FCA – Design Center AlfaRomeo , Design Center Bertone, Ford Motor company." He lists his e-mail as: alexanderimnadze@gmail.com.

I think he has good conceptual instincts plus world class photoshop skills to make his visions look real. Plus he has great respect for the designs that came before him, a feel for what made the great sports cars great.

Let’s get him some attention so the design studio heads don’t miss him….
If he is already FCA - Alfa then the industry has found him already.

Does his bio say where he went to school?
Old 04-27-2017, 12:37 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

He has a page on Behance.net

On education it says:

Discover

Jobs

Hiring Talent? Post a Job

Showcase & Discover Creative Work Sign Up For Free Hiring Talent? Post a Job

K
K

ELog In

Discover→Alex Imnadze

PShare

Alex Imnadze

BTorino, Italy

Follow

AMessage

@ Project Views

? Appreciations

` Followers

_ Following

Projects Collections Appreciated

Automovie / Architecture / Entertainmen

For more information : AlexanderImnadze@gmail.com

I am a Senior Automotive Designer graduated in Automotive Design and lateron Architecture by Istituto Europeo di Design. Exterior / Interior Designer with 4 years experience plus experience as Concept Art artist in Sci-FI field 2D/3D/Visualization for computer gam… Read More

Work Experience

•Exterior / Interior / Designer

Alfa Romeo — Turin, Italy

Bertone — Turin, Italy

Ford Motor — Istanbul, Turkey

Mahindra — Turin, Italy

TorinoCrea — Turin, Italy

•Architect /2D/3D Design

NIBA INVEST — Tbilisi, Georgia
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 05-16-2017, 07:11 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
reinventing Bently

Vegan interiors
Q&A: Stefan Sielaff on reinventing Bentley - Car Design News

HOMEARTICLESDESIGN INTERVIEWSQ&A: STEFAN SIELAFF ON REINVENTING BENTLEY
Q&A: Stefan Sielaff on reinventing Bentley
16 May 2017 | by Lem Bingley
Q&A: Stefan Sielaff on reinventing Bentley
Mushrooms inside a Bentley would normally be a sign that your barn-find classic is in need of an expensive restoration, but the company is currently pondering whether to introduce the friendly fungus on purpose. Mushroom-based leather, along with equally unlikely jellyfish leather, could be on the menu for future luxury interiors, according to Bentley Motors director of design Stefan Sielaff.

Speaking at the FT Future of the Car Summit held in London last week, Sielaff said that new materials will be needed to satisfy the growing tranche of customers living a vegan, cruelty-free lifestyle. “You can’t sell them a Bentley with 20 leather hides inside,” he told delegates. “We’ve been talking to these customers – in California especially – and they are asking, ‘What can you give us?’ We want to satisfy these customers, because they are the peak of a trend. We are working on it now, and we’ll present a Bentley vegan concept.”

Muskin Mushroom Leather
MuSkin has created a "mushroom leather" – ideal for vegans
He added that the designer’s role is to spot looming trends long before they become overwhelming. “We are a little bit like surfers – it’s part of our job to spot waves very, very early.”

The summit explored a broad range of influences, from new materials and new production processes to alternative powertrains and autonomous technology; assessing the likely impact on society, industry and the economy.

Speaking exclusively to CDN at the summit, Sielaff said these topics are of vital importance to designers. “You can only do a big step in design with a big step in technical innovation, otherwise you are cooking the same soup again and again,” he explained. “Progress in manufacturing processes is also important, because you can design a lot but somehow it has to be produced.”

Bentley Exp12 Speed 6E Concept Auxiliary Charging Point
Bentley are beginning to respond to rapidly-growing EV startups
Innovation also brings the potential for disruption, with tech-heavy start-ups like Tesla, Lucid Motors and Faraday Future all aiming to lure well-heeled customers away from traditional brands. Sielaff argued that for established OEMs like Bentley to prosper, they must be prepared to continually challenge their own assumptions. “We do it. We disrupt ourselves because we have to,” he said. “We can’t sit in the bathtub of tradition and wait to see if the water stays warm or gets colder. We have to reinvent ourselves.”

As well as catering for the needs of vegans, Bentley hopes to broaden its appeal in many other ways, though Sielaff admits the brand has to tread very carefully. “A luxury brand like Bentley, with its big heritage, shouldn’t create brutal shockwaves,” he observed, adding that the company can’t afford to lure a younger demographic, for example, at the expense of its established customer base. “We need a very clear strategy of doing one step after another.”

Bentley Exp12 Speed 6E Concept
Sielaff described the EXP 12 Speed 6e, a concept electric roadster revealed at the Geneva show this year, as “a bridging scenario, digestible for the spectra of our audience”. It was a very short stride forward from the EXP 10 Speed 6 hybrid coupe shown two years earlier, but Sielaff argued that the Speed 6e is as much as five or six years behind work currently in the studio. The EXP 10’s design certainly predated Sielaff’s June 2015 arrival at Bentley.

The brand’s progress has been accelerated by Bentley’s ties with Porsche and Bugatti within the VW Group, Sielaff said. “The main focus is on Porsche,” he added. “You will see the first results in the autumn when we show the new Continental GT.”

Sielaff also said augmented reality – where digital imagery is added to the driver’s view through the windscreen – is a technology of great interest for Bentley. “Screens at the moment, whether they are touchscreens or information screens, are definitely a trend; you have to have them or you look outdated, but I’m sure we won't drive around in the future with a lot of screens in front of us,” he predicted. “We overcome the situation of being overfed with information with the new Continental, in a very British and charming way, if not the most technological one. But I think with augmented reality we will have the chance to really get the information you need or want.”

Bentley Future Luxury Concept Interior
An autonomous Bentley could swap a chauffeur for a virtual butler...
Among other topics, the summit addressed the issue of fully autonomous vehicles (AVs). Maarten Sierhuis, director of Nissan’s Silicon Valley Research Center, gave a cautionary presentation suggesting that fully self-driving cars might be further off than many think, not least because some of the sensors used in today’s experimental AVs cost $80,000 apiece.

Bentley’s customers are less price-sensitive than most, suggesting that it could be well-placed to take the lead in autonomous technology within the larger VW Group. Sielaff also observed that new technology has always trickled from the top downwards in the automotive sector. “I personally believe very much that Bentley could find customers who already have 20 cars in their garage to be a bit more experimental,” he said. “Our customers are intelligent and open minded, so it's ideal.”

As well as technological barriers, Sielaff observed that AVs must also overcome less tangible hurdles. “In a train or a plane, where we’re not involved in the activity of moving, we accept that, funnily enough… but in a car, especially when it’s not a person but only technology doing the driving, there will be a psychological barrier,” he predicted. “Eyes-off will be very difficult to learn, though young people will adapt to it better.”

Exp 12 Speed 6E Interior Cross Cabin
Quipping that Bentley customers have enjoyed autonomous cars for 98 years (thanks to chauffeurs), Sielaff noted that shared mobility services also represent a big opportunity for luxury brands. While wealthy customers will of course want to own their own cars, they are also likely to embrace a Bentley club service that, for example, might meet them at the airport and whisk them to their hotel, whether the limos used are human-driven or autonomous.

Artificial intelligence will not be limited to driving, of course, and Sielaff said Bentley is already exploring the potential of the digital butler – a system that recognises you when you climb aboard, knows your wishes and your habits and can act accordingly, for example suggesting tables at suitable restaurants.

“I think in the future we will have to separate very clearly our car-sharing models from our ownership models,” Sielaff added. “Ownership will still exist and the design will be very individual – maybe even more individual for owners than it is today.”
Old 05-16-2017, 01:42 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: James
Red face

Quote:
Vegan interiors]...Stefan Sielaff on reinventing Bentley - Car Design News[/url]...
speechless......

(and just as well....opinion would quickly go P&R....)
Old 05-16-2017, 02:56 PM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritone View Post
speechless......

(and just as well....opinion would quickly go P&R....)
Guess they're catering to the customer.............
Old 05-17-2017, 07:13 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

My Garage
new Chief Designer at McLaren:

https://www.formtrends.com/melville-...ampaign=buffer