New Nikon Df FX Format | FerrariChat

New Nikon Df FX Format

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by Crawler, Nov 5, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. msdesignltd

msdesignltd F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 17, 2003
    NYC. / E. Hampton
    Full Name:
    Michael
    I don't see an open niche for this Idea..
    I don't get it , its a throw back in a time where the DSLR is on the verge of Extinction.

For the same price + or -..you could have a D800.

2. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Yeah, I see your point. I do like the idea of basic functions being accessible through on-body controls rather than being layered in menus (a pet peeve of mine), but the D800 would seem to be the better value.

3. vincent355

vincent355 F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 8, 2003
    Wine Country
    Full Name:
    Vincent
    It's a good looking piece of kit, and appeals to a certain demographic yearning for the good old days or the camera that we grew up with.

But, as cool as it looks, functionally and ergonomically it is actually a step backwards. But the F4 sensor that is in there is a good one. It's at a strange price, 300 more and its a d800.

4. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    I like it - if I had that kind of money to throw out of the window, I'd buy one. The additional fun while taking pictures with all the nice dials etc would outweigh possible downsides compared to the D800 for me. And the compatibility with old lenses whose optical and build quality is often superior to the modern plastic lenses is a great feature, too.

5. Smiles

Smiles F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 20, 2003
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Matt F
    It's expensive, but really cool...