LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-12-2014, 11:04 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Christopher
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carbuilder View Post
We were on vacation in New York last year, walking down the street when my wife says to me "yellow shirt, yellow shirt, on the left". He was in front of a bulding having a smoke. My wife gets out her camera to take his picture and he seems to be doing everything he can to avoid that; hiding behind his buddies that are also having a smoke, and turning away from the camera. I should have told him to give up since when she has her camera out nobody is safe! Anyways, the picture isn't great but you can see him in the middle.....not looking too pleased!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MK1044 View Post
Who is that?
Ah... the Führer.

Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 06-27-2017, 09:59 AM
F1 Veteran
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Chas
My Garage
I sat beside Chris O'Donnell (Batman) on a flight back from Glasgow to Cleveland.
We were both at St Andrews playing golf, we chatted about our rounds.
Cool guy!
“Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, beer in hand thoroughly worn out and screaming “HOLY ****" what a ride!”............Chas
Old 06-27-2017, 12:08 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

I'm not much for celebrities either, but it is kind of fun when you run into someone.
My wife and I were at a small intimate restaurant in Napa and Jason Stratham and his girlfriend sat down next to us...kind of place that tables were very close to each other, and have to have conversation almost whispering so people don't hear you. Left him alone.

At Finali Mondiali in Daytona we stayed at the same hotel as the Ferrari notables and at breakfast were both Kimi and Sebastian. I said Hi to both and shook Kimi's hand when we were getting coffee at the counter, wished him luck with the season, and he took a photo with me for my son's benefit. He and the "handlers" laughed at me because I left my sneakers at the track the night before partying (long story) and was wearing black patent leather shoes with my shorts and Ferrari shirt..looked like a real fashion guru!
Kimi was very nice and gracious...Sebastian actually fell over a stool trying to get away from us.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:14 PM
F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Don
I thought it was Anthony Weiner!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tcar View Post

So who's the guy in the yellow shirt on the previous page?
Old 07-13-2017, 11:08 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: David
You'd be surprised at the number of famous names fly on the airlines. (or used to anyway) I met several during my career. Some wanting to stick their head in the cockpit to say howdy....some just wanting to act anonymous.

One I remember being as nice as anyone I've ever met was Joe Namath. He stuck his head in the cockpit door and....you know a real person when you meet one. Just a great guy. One of those people that you immediately feel as if you've known all your life. A guy you know that likes to have a good time.

William Shatner...."I just wanna be left alone today"
Joe Montana..."Yeah....I know you know me so I'll be nice" (how could anyone that short be such a great quarterback?)
Jay Leno....Not an exactly an easy read...but friendly and happy.
Old 07-14-2017, 07:48 AM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Ron F
My Garage
My most memorable sighting....

I work for Bose Corporation. Thirty three years......
We sponsored the Monterey Jazz Festival a few times a number of years ago.
Clint Eastwood was there. I had an all access pass. I positioned myself in his path and as he walked by I simply told him that I admire him and his talent. He was extremely gratious.
Later that day, he came by the Bose area and told us that he really like our products and allowed us to have a group picture taken.

The following year, a very attractive well spoken woman came by the Bose area and was interested in a pair of our Noise Canceling headphones. She mentioned her "husband" a few times. Soon after, here comes Clint in a golf cart. He gets out and greets his wife. He was a real gentleman to her and again to the Bose team. A real class act.

I've met my fair share of celebrity's over the years but meeting Clint was the most memorable.
And by the way, he is a very talented composer and killer piano player for those who don't know.
Old 07-14-2017, 08:43 AM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Mark Jones
I was in Italy with my daughter a few years back, we were having dinner at a small place when a scruffy American came up and the owner was fawning over him. He sat next to us, had a baseball cap and kept his head down. More people came by and seemed thrilled to see him. He was nice but quiet. When more people started noticing him he politely left. Saw him on the tonight show a few months later talking about Italy. Owen Wilson.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 07-16-2017, 02:10 PM
Formula Junior
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Robert J.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GatorFL View Post
Cool story. I see famous people all the time.

This past Sunday I took my daughter to Taboo on Palm Beach for lunch. As we were leaving, Senator Ted Cruz from Texas walked in. He was standing near the hostess stand. I looked at him trying to think where I knew him from when it hit me--it was Cruz. He smiled and nodded at me as we walked past. As we walked out the door I told her who it was and showed her a pic of him on Facebook. She agreed it was him.

It's amazing to me how many famous people are out alone. Kind of sad.
He is alone since nobody likes him.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-16-2017, 03:52 PM
Four Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Jerry
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by italiafan View Post
I'm not much for celebrities either, but it is kind of fun when you run into someone.
My wife and I were at a small intimate restaurant in Napa and Jason Stratham and his girlfriend sat down next to us...kind of place that tables were very close to each other, and have to have conversation almost whispering so people don't hear you. Left him alone.

Similar story with me and Tom Cruise. My GF and I were seated next to him and Penelope and we tried not to disturb them but Tom reached over and started a conversation. We talked a few minutes and were all getting on (none of us mentioned anything about movies) so Tom pushed the tables together and we all four had dinner.

It was a lot of fun.
Old 07-17-2017, 11:26 AM
F1 World Champ
Consultant

Full Name: IgnoranteWest
Matthew McConaughey has a ranch an hour from where I live, one of my buddies saw a guy sitting on the floor in the middle of a hardware store aisle reaching for something in back of a lower shelf. He said "Does anyone ever tell you that you look like Matthew McConaughey?" The guy looked up, smiled, and said in that unmistakeable MM voice and cadence , "Aaaall the tiiime."
Old 07-17-2017, 05:12 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Jason
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerDave View Post
Matthew McConaughey has a ranch an hour from where I live, one of my buddies saw a guy sitting on the floor in the middle of a hardware store aisle reaching for something in back of a lower shelf. He said "Does anyone ever tell you that you look like Matthew McConaughey?" The guy looked up, smiled, and said in that unmistakeable MM voice and cadence , "Aaaall the tiiime."
That is hysterical!