Celebrity Sightings | FerrariChat

Celebrity Sightings

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by rob lay, Nov 19, 2013.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I know not a big deal for many in LA or NYC, but doesn't happen as much in Texas except for sports stars.

Jennie, Mia, and I were eating at Seafood & Steaks place in our town. We like the bar area that has some open seating. Manager cleared the table next to us and said that "Han Solo" would be moving in from the dining side and that he had been enjoying himself with a couple drinks. We said cool, didn't make a big deal about it. He walked in there with another guy, but went straight to another table 2 away, not the corner table next to us. He looks good, he kept quiet, and everyone left him alone. We were done with meal and Harrison had been in the bathroom a few minutes and I had to go before we left. Didn't want to seem like I was following him, but I had to go and we were ready to leave. He was still in there after I was done and I finished before him never saying a word, when I walked out a lady with her boy about jumped on me. Pretty sure they were waiting on him stalking outside the bathroom.

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Cool story. I see famous people all the time.

This past Sunday I took my daughter to Taboo on Palm Beach for lunch. As we were leaving, Senator Ted Cruz from Texas walked in. He was standing near the hostess stand. I looked at him trying to think where I knew him from when it hit me--it was Cruz. He smiled and nodded at me as we walked past. As we walked out the door I told her who it was and showed her a pic of him on Facebook. She agreed it was him.

It's amazing to me how many famous people are out alone. Kind of sad.

3. MK1044

MK1044 Two Time F1 World Champ

Nov 6, 2011
    NYC USA
    Full Name:
    Carmine
    Did you sign an autograph for them? ;)

4. TheBigEasy

TheBigEasy F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Jun 21, 2005
    California
    Full Name:
    Ethan Hunt
    I couldn't even imagine what it would be like to be such a 'famous' person that ever instance of bumping into a random stranger in public becomes a memorable event for them.

I guess they would say it definitely has it's pro & cons... but man, I sure chose the wrong line of work.

5. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    I am surprised there isn't one of these threads already. I find it interesting to hear about encounters everyday people have with celebs and what their impressions are, especially hot actresses. As to Mr. Ford, for someone who has done many interesting movie roles, he does not impress when off the script, from what I can see. Saw him on Jimmy Kimmel very recently and it was bizarre, did not appear to be an act.

6. TestShoot

TestShoot F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2003
    Beverly Hills
    #6 TestShoot, Nov 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Are you looking for stories or just "guess who I saw"?

I live in LA, have lunch on the lot at Fox a few times a week, saw Penn Jillette, the cast of How I Met Your Mother, most of Modern Family, just in the last two weeks. Then the usual spots around town.

My neighborhood is not Beverly Hills, but current and former residents: Ron Howard, Adam Carolla, Vince Vaughn, Ving Rhames, Macaulay Culkin (and Mila Kunis), Miley Cyrus, Kevin Kostner, Haley Joel Osment and not far away was Shia Labouf (my friends used to pick on him in school). You get stories about people being approached on the street and confused for another celebrity or people being rude in a restaurant and then sucking up for an autograph or photo.

My first "real job" was as a p/t courier in the movie industry from 93-96 and I saw just about everyone.

Albert Broccoli of James Bond fame was a funny guy. He had two huge dobermans that were actually really friendly. They obsessed over a specific tennis ball. To play a trick on my he placed the ball in box I picked up and as the dogs watched my every move he then told me "don't make any sudden moves. I am an old man and I can't hold them back". It took me a few trips to realize what was going on.

I worked on Forrest Gump and Robert Zemeckis always looked at me like I had just farted in church. Like from across a crowded room he'd look at me and lock on like he was thinking "how the f*** are you still here?" I never got to the bottom of why. I think I have an idea why... but that's another story.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Left a skid mark. He framed his tighty-whities & lacking a certificate of authentication, had it notarized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. BMW.SauberF1Team

BMW.SauberF1Team F1 World Champ

Dec 4, 2004
    Not sure if it was her or not, but when I was in southern California I thought I saw Danielle Fishel at the gas station filling her car. We were getting onto an onramp and as we passed the gas station I yelled "Topanga!!!" haha. No idea if that was her. :eek:

9. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    We saw Brooke Shields at the Palm Beach Turkey Trot this morning. Stunning in person as would be expected and much taller than I would have thought, maybe 5'8". Slow though, my wife finished before her!

10. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    A few years ago my wife and I were having lunch at an Oceanside patio in St. Thomas when Regis Philbin and his wife sat down next to us. Over the course of the next hour he had a multitude of people coming over and bothering him. I also noticed that for whatever reason he kept looking over at me. As we were finishing lunch I slipped the waiter a $20 and asked him to come over with another staff member and ask for my autograph. When he came over I politely signed, thanked him for everything and watched Regis face. It drove him crazy. He couldn't figure out who I was. As we left the restaurant I saw him approach our waiter and start to ask him who I was. No idea what he was told, but for $20 I had a great laugh.

Texas Forever likes this.
  11. bball16

bball16 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Dec 2, 2011
    NY LI FtL
    Full Name:
    Mike
    About a year after that I was with my wife and kids at the Fairmont in Maui. My son and I went down for breakfast early and were seated 2nd table from the corner. As we were ordering I noticed a very familiar person walking right toward us. It was Chris Rock. He was seated in the corner table by himself. My son was a huge fan of his, but would never bother him. As he was seated I gave him a casual nod and said " Chris your the man." He couldn't have been nicer. Took a picture with my son. Later that day we saw him sitting at the pool with his wife, kids, nanny and mother in law. He wasn't smiling, but it was nice to see this crazy rebel as miserable as all the other dads chasing after his 2 year old lol.

12. Carbuilder

Carbuilder Formula Junior

Aug 18, 2012
    Bolton, ON
    Full Name:
    Rick
    #12 Carbuilder, Nov 28, 2013
    We were on vacation in New York last year, walking down the street when my wife says to me "yellow shirt, yellow shirt, on the left". He was in front of a bulding having a smoke. My wife gets out her camera to take his picture and he seems to be doing everything he can to avoid that; hiding behind his buddies that are also having a smoke, and turning away from the camera. I should have told him to give up since when she has her camera out nobody is safe! Anyways, the picture isn't great but you can see him in the middle.....not looking too pleased!

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    When I still lived in the UK, I lived in a very small town. One night word gets about town that James May was in a pub. I'm a big Top Gear and JM fan but I stayed in my own pub, since a whole horde of people went there (suddenly it was even easier to get beers :D). I'm not a big fan of celebrity spotting anyhow, I don't care for autographs or taking pictures of people.

Anyhow; a while later the people that where so excited to see James, came back to the pub and according to everyone there he was a mopey prick, not willing to sign stuff or take pictures with him... What do they expect? I'm sure it gets old for celebrities very quickly. I too would be pissed if hordes of people came asking for my autograph constantly, especially when it goes on ebay 10 minutes later. The odd fan is fine...

What I would value much more if you happen to be in the same spot as a celebrity and you just end up talking, or having a few beers together. THAT to me is memorable. A friend of mine was drinking alone in London once and Amy Whinehouse (also on her own) sat next to her and ordered a drink and started talking with her (Amy instigated it). They went to 2 more pubs after that, meeting with more of Amy's friends before my friend had to leave. Amy thanked her for being normal and went on their way (Amy presumably went on her way to score some fine crack, lol). THAT is seriously cool IMO.

14. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    I used to park in his space at Paramount . . . in front of his Icon office. You should have seen the looks the munchkin gave me when he'd show up . . .

In any instance, don't invade their space, just keep it general (if anything) & they're fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Years ago my daughter started at a new kindergarten. We went to an evening parent meet and greet. There were many groups of people talking but we didn't know anyone. There was one other couple that no one seemed to be talking to. They were British and many people think my wife and I are British so they approached us and we talked for a while. No one else went near them the whole evening. On our drive home I started wondering who it was and after a quick internet search, found out it was Kate Beckinsale and her new (at that time) husband Len Wiseman. Our daughters ended up being inseparable best friends.

16. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Lauren Ambrose ordered a Pizza right after me in Austin a couple weeks ago. Very distinctive look and was very nice to the few who recognized her.

Lauren Ambrose - IMDb

17. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    George Hamilton sat next to me at a bar earlier this year, we shared a drink. Cool dude and good stories.

18. 308mash

308mash Formula Junior

May 20, 2009
    MA
    Full Name:
    Joe
    Sold my 83 308 GTB to author Cormac McCarthy. He responded to a local ad I had placed and made arrangements to come look at the car. I had no idea who he was and during the test ride I asked what he does for a living, he just said he writes occasionally and was in Boston for a book signing. We made the deal and in the interim before he picked up the car I went to Barnes and Noble out of curiosity and asked the kid at the info booth if he'd ever heard of Cormac McCarthy. He said yeah, his section is right over there in the Fiction aisle. Wow, I had no clue as I don't read any fiction at all. I grabbed some hardcovers which he later signed for me. Very nice guy, laid back quiet and unassuming. We spent a few hours together when he picked up the car, nice memory.

Texas Forever likes this.
  19. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Reminds me...in a previous career I worked at an arena hosting an event featuring Tom Hanks and backstage I saw him standing in line to use our staff restroom...even two Oscars don't give you the right to cut in line...and of course I thought of this...

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkVhA0fEwUc]Forrest Gump- I Gotta Pee - YouTube[/ame]

20. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Cool story. Why do people think you're British? Do you wear Liverpool association football jerseys 24/7? Haha.

21. Maranello Guy

Maranello Guy F1 Rookie

Jun 5, 2005
    -)
    Full Name:
    MG
    #21 Maranello Guy, Nov 29, 2013
    surprising resemblance ;)

22. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Big nose, bad teeth and a wife that is too attractive.

23. Vinny Bourne

Vinny Bourne Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2011
    Nice story. That's the kind I was talking about. And like BMW, I had the same question and my own answers, :). Miss Beckinsale hits the category of Celebrity that I am interested in. There are people famous for being famous, famous because of their jobs, and then people who are simply exceptionable either because of their looks or a unique talent.

great interview;

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ctlOO1xxDXA]Kate Beckinsale The Late Late Show With Craig Ferguson 18 03 2008 - YouTube[/ame]

I have met, seen, or known a lot of 80's F1 drivers, golf legends, and golden era bodybuilders, but very few of these other types. I used to pass by Robert Parker (and his dog) and Robert Reich when walking to class in Cambridge. I have seen Renee Zellweger and Clooney from 15 ft. She lived up to her pictures from 6 years ago, he didn't.

24. Tcar

Tcar F1 Rookie

Wow... look at the body language in the still of Vinny's video...

Kate and Craig do not much care for each other. Not at all.

So who's the guy in the yellow shirt on the previous page?

25. BMW.SauberF1Team

Dec 4, 2004
    Mel Gibson by the looks of it.

I noticed she was leaning away from him a bit as well. I'm not one for celebrities, but she's not only attractive (imo the most among hollywood stars), but seems pretty nice based off of interviews I've seen. No idea if she's like that in real life being she's an actress and all and could fake anything on TV for 5 minutes of interviewing.