Good, small P&S camera $200 or less for 2 users? | FerrariChat

Good, small P&S camera $200 or less for 2 users?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by David_S, Jan 13, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Needing a small (i.e. - coat pocket size) camera that does well for a VERY casual user (snapping travel pics - some form of image stabilization pretty important), and still can create images that will satisfy a more serious user.

Any suggestions in the $200 and less range?

2. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Well, wife urged me to hurry up & get something purchased, so went with the Panasonic Lumix DMC ZS25.

Based on customer reviews & some youtube videos I watched, it seems like it will fit the bill at least as well as or better than most anything else I could find for $150...

Lumix Dmc Zs25 | B&H Photo Video

Will try & remember to post back after it arrives and has been put through its paces.

3. Hoodude

Hoodude F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 5, 2007
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    RE
    David,
    I was gonna say Panasonic lumix,maybe with a Leica lens and they show up on woot from time to time close to that price..but you're covered. Mine does fine,and it's pretty sturdy..I've bounced it off the tile a time or more..but I'd like to have the Leica lens.
    Cheers,
    RE

4. sofaman

sofaman Rookie

Mar 24, 2010
    Sorry for the late response, and I agree the Lumix is an excellent P&S, but I have to say, the Nokia 1020 is pointing the way to an end to all P&S cameras. Why carry two things? (And this is from an unabashed Mac fan)

Nokia Lumia 1020 - Camera Phone - Nokia - USA

5. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Here's a late response, since I just got back from a couple weeks away, but the delay in my response may be telling: I wouldn't be carrying 2 things, as I DON'T carry a phone when I'm away. Heck, I don't carry a phone 90% of the time.

6. lcworld

lcworld Formula Junior

Dec 25, 2013
    Canon S series. S100+ etc. Small, good pictures everytime. Good I.S. It is much better than the other Canon subcompacts.