Best way to scan pages of a book? | FerrariChat

Best way to scan pages of a book?

Discussion in 'Creative Arts' started by fastback33, Mar 16, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. fastback33

fastback33 Formula 3

Mar 8, 2004
    I have a book with some technical drawings of a car I want to scan and explode into a larger view. This is all for my personal use and don't want to distribute anything.

Normally I wouldn't care and would just cut the spin up and have someone repair the book once I'm done, but it is a pretty valuable book and am hesitant to cut the spine and separate all of the pages.

So, is there a non-destructive way to scan the pages I want without destroying the spine and possibly make the book irreparable?

2. ITALIENlove

ITALIENlove Rookie

Mar 20, 2015
    South of Florida
    Full Name:
    Frank R.
    I often scan books and I tell you the best way is using a portable scanner. Look on Amazon and search for "Portable Scanner" or "Hand Scanner" - You need to have a steady hand, more or less.

But don't worry - hand scanners are easy to use. They are fast and it's not a hassle.

3. Photorunner

Photorunner Rookie

Jun 3, 2014
    Columbus, OH
    Full Name:
    N Simonis
    Use the best digital camera you have. Put it on a tripod or hand hold with a fast shutter speed 1/125 sec., 1/200 sec or more in sunlight or shade. You may need to change the F stop to a lower setting. Just test it out, to see how good the resolution is for your end use.

4. LomewBartho

LomewBartho Rookie
    BANNED

Oct 12, 2015
    Hey Guys well i think that portable scanner is best because you can use it on every where.Thanks!!

5. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
  6. Lesia44

Lesia44 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 5, 2009
    This might be the best option. Handled scanners can be a bit rubbish. All depends on the quality you want.