modesta | FerrariChat

modesta

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by ttforcefed, Oct 4, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    has anyone used it? impressions?

2. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    Modesta coatings are absolutely amazing. What do you want to know about them?

3. Envious Eric

Envious Eric Karting

Sep 21, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    JC would be great to get in contact with concerning modesta! I see him using it all the time on his clients cars! Escpecially the wheel coating that will really make your wheel cleaning life a breeze!

4. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    whats amazing about it? I had my FF done. it gets just as dirty now as it did before. the depth of shine is no different than a good detail finished off with zymol. So is the value add that the protection lasts a long time? so makes sense for a daily driver left outside but not obvious it wld make sense for a garage queen?

5. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    Modesta coatings will lay on the paint substantially thicker and longer than any wax. For instance Modesta BC-05 along with p01a lays on paint 3-5μm thick vs the industry standard of .1μm of wax. This means it will offer a much thicker layer of protection.

Lasting 3-10 years blows away any other wax in terms of longevity. This statistic works in cooperation with the thickness. The marketed longevity of a coating is only as good as the level of care the owner is providing the car with.

Being a glass coating, it looks awesome on top of well prepared paint.

Coatings do not stop cars from getting dirty. They reward proper care with a phenomenal looking finish for years.

Does it make sense for a garage queen? That would be something that the installer should discuss with you. Not every car or every owner is a good fit for a coating of any sort. I believe that everyone that is discussing coatings with an installer should be first qualified to see if it is a good fit. Unfortunately, not everyone has this view. Someone should have discussed this with you in depth. I am sorry to hear this you were not educated before making your purchase. As awesome as I believe Modesta or any other coating is, it is not for everyone.

6. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    ok so u pay 1500 to 2000 for a detail that lasts maybe 2 to 4 years - no way its lasting 5 to 10 if u actually drive the car.
    or
    you get ur car detailed every 6 months for 350 bucks.

7. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    #7 Jean-Claude, Nov 1, 2014
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2014
    What do you base your opinion about the longevity on? I'm uncertain what the goal of the discussion is. You already have the coating installed, right? Modesta is no different than any other in that they are only as good as the maintenance. There are other coatings that are fine in their own right. But no coating is permanent and no coating will be maintenance free.

Coatings reward quality care with a wear and tear layer that adds gloss(well, some do). The preparation for applying the coating can potentially be as extensive as intensive paint correction, which cost far more than $350 every 6 months. Coatings along with proper care provide a longterm protection solution. It is not for everyone.