GREAT experience with Detailed Designs Auto Spa (Greater Atlanta Area) | FerrariChat

GREAT experience with Detailed Designs Auto Spa (Greater Atlanta Area)

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by keithos27, Mar 4, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Hi fellow F Chatters,

I just wanted to share my very positive experience with you guys in case you were looking for someone to help detail/wash/protect your Ferrari (or other cars). I recently got my first Ferrari (MY 15 California T, which you can read all about here: http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/california/460789-my-2015-california-t-just-finalized-placed-my-order.html) and was looking for ways to better protect the car as it is going to be my daily driver here in Atlanta. I had used another installer that Ferrari of Atlanta had recommended for the protective film (Suntek) and window tinting (3M Crystalline). I was relatively happy with the installs. I had been reading online about some protective coatings like Ceramic Pro 9H, Modesta, C Quartz, etc. but really didn't know much about the products. I was referred to someone here in the Atlanta area and was pleased that they took the time to help educate me but was a bit unsure of the product they were recommending (Ceramic Pro 9H). I tried to do some research here on F Chat, as well as other areas online, and wasn't coming up with many positive reviews (most were actually negative about the product, their claims, and their sales tactics). I then asked my old college roommate (who lives in Boston) what he'd recommend because he's a car guy (he races cars and details his own cars and has about $15K worth of detailing products in his garage just for his three cars). He said he knew some great people up in Boston (which I wasn't interested in doing since I live in Atlanta) but if he lived in Atlanta there was only ONE person he'd use; Detailed Designs Auto Spa. I knew nothing about them but went ahead and googled them.

So I went and called DDAS and spoke with the owner, Jean-Claude ("JC"). I reiterated everything above to JC and he and I had a good 45 minute conversation before ever meeting face to face about products, options, budget, etc. JC never once tried to up-sell me, or push a product I wasn't comfortable with. JC is a car guy like us and was happy to be dealing with another car guy (especially one, he said, who actually would daily drive a Ferrari, haha). So JC recommended a few different products so that I could research them online on my own (at my own request not his, meaning it wasn't like he was trying to rush me off the phone and tell me to do my own homework). I had told him about my experience about Ceramic Pro 9H and I wanted to learn more about a product before applying it all over my Ferrari. We set up a time to meet face to face the following week.

Fast forward to our meeting and JC and his small team (they are about 3 people I believe) were super friendly and knowledgable. JC and I chatted some more (I probably talked his ear off for over an hour). I told him I wanted to try and get the paint almost perfect before applying any coating. I told him "almost" because I am going to DD the car and it won't be a garage queen that I enter into the Concours d'Elegance. I told him I had a reasonably modest budget in mind and didn’t want to go nuts with getting everything 100% perfect. We chatted more and JC and I came up with a strategy for my budget. He and his team were going to put some extra Suntek on my rocker panels (since the factory-installed protection is a joke), some by the door handles, and he was going to help correct the seams on the hood from the previous install. In addition he was going to condition the interior leather (which as we all know in Ferraris is the entire interior). Also he was going to do a paint correction to get rid of the swirl marks that either came from the factory and from FoA detailing the car during delivery. And finally he was going to protect the entire car with Modesta BC-04. Modesta makes a more expensive product but again JC didn’t try to up-sell me. For my needs and my budget BC-04 was the better choice.

The car came out GREAT! I am super happy with the way it looks and with JC and his team. I told JC that I live in a high-rise here in Atlanta and don’t have easy access to a water hose to wash my car myself. JC and his colleague Tim took a few hours yesterday to help educate me on how to properly wash my car, which products to use, etc. I went back to his shop yesterday and the three of us washed the car together for over 2 hours (not because they take forever but because they were teaching me along the way, making sure I fully understood and observing me too to make sure I was doing it properly). They went into both theory and technique.

Anyway, if you or a friend needs someone to help detail/protect/wash their car(s) in the greater Atlanta area I would highly recommend these guys! BTW, I’m not getting anything for giving them praise… I just have really enjoyed the wealth of knowledge shared here on F Chat and wanted to help share my experience. If you have any questions, please feel free to ask away!

Finally, some photos and video of the car (before and after). Hope you enjoy!!! :)

-Keith

http://youtu.be/s7M_8_APhuo

https://www.flickr.com/photos/121682341@N02/sets/72157650487840770/

Atlanta Auto Detailing, Paint Restoration - Detailed Designs Auto Spa

2. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Car looks great! Beautiful!

3. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thanks Scott! :)

4. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    Thanks Keith!

5. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    I recently had Jean-Claude wash my car and it came out great! I've been very happy with the Modesta BC-04 and whichever product he used on my glass (the name escapes me at the moment). Everything cleans off super easily and he makes the car look better than brand new every time! I can't reiterate enough that if anyone on here is looking for a real stand up quality guy and service Jean-Claude is your man.

I'll hopefully post some photos soon... I took them on our good camera and my fiancée currently has it. Stay tuned!

6. Jsf721

Jsf721 Karting

May 15, 2015
    Nice way to start off the new ride. She's a beauty. Enjoy it in the best of health.

7. keithos27

keithos27 Formula 3

Oct 26, 2012
    Full Name:
    Keith
    Thank you! :)

8. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    Looks great!! Can you share the products that were used on the interior?

9. Jean-Claude

Jean-Claude Karting

Sep 23, 2009
    Atlanta
    Keith sent me an email requesting I assist with answering this.

For the leather surfaces, we used Leather Master Soft Cleaner, Leather Master Vital and Leather Master Protection Cream.

The carbon fiber was dusted, cleaned with 1z Cockpit Premium, flushed and then had Swissvax Crystal Rock applied for protection.

Does this help you?

10. ncm6cabrio

ncm6cabrio Formula Junior
    Owner

Jul 28, 2011
    Fayetteville, NC
    Full Name:
    Mike M.
    Yes- Thanks! It looks great!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk