Holy Grail of Wax ? | FerrariChat

Holy Grail of Wax ?

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by rockitman, Aug 25, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #1 rockitman, Aug 25, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Never tried it but please let us know what you think. What have you tried/liked on your car so far?

3. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    I have only had this car since 6/4/15...so only Wolfgang Paint sealant 3.0 (full synthetic). They say this carnuba hybrid will give more depth to the shine. We shall see.

4. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    I have used it on the Ferrari & my DD Caddy CTS V
    works great, no issues
    so many choices with wax,sealants, coatings
    i've tried most of the selections out there, hard to go wrong these days

5. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    The Fuzion over the 3.0 should be a truly outstanding combination. Great choices!

6. SchH III

SchH III Rookie

Feb 27, 2013
    It is just my opinion but the product seems a dust magnet. I have used this on my Nero Aventador and found Blackfire or Souveran produce better results. Since I enjoy experimenting with different products longevity is not a concern.

The sealant, however, works well and exhibits good durability. The Black Wax was an expensive disappointment.

7. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Interesting feedback. Thanks for sharing. Just to be clear, all of the LSPs you mentioned were in fact carnauba based paste waxes, right? Does that mean that the Fuzion leaves the finish oily compared to the others?

8. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    Fuzion is an excellent wax! Very easy to use-on/off, and it won't stain your trim if you get some on it accidently. It has a very nice 'nuba look' to it as well as depth. Slick as owl snot too!

You will enjoy using it as well as the results!

Pictures are a must when done!

(It will not leave your finish oily or anything of the sort)

9. martiy1971

martiy1971 Formula Junior

Jun 2, 2015
    Alberta
    Full Name:
    Robert Martineau
    The Wolfgang products are awesome and I usually just use the paint sealant. I also find that when dust is really attracted to the car it is usually from the static electricity you build up when waxing. Try waxing in barefeet.

10. Ak Jim

Ak Jim F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 23, 2007
    North Pole AK
    My wife picked up a package of Swedish Fish, a red colored fish shape candy. She was reading the ingredients and one of the was carnauba wax. She asked me if I wanted some, I said not thanks I use that stuff to wax the cars.

11. frascati

frascati Karting

Mar 5, 2012
    I have only used their sealant which is excellent. I tend to focus on the paint correction and polish first. Which sealant and lsp or coating i use tends to not matter as much. I have different approaches on each of my cars and the difference is minimal - its in the polish job IMHO. I have gone to nano coating or synthetic sealants and lsps & quick detailers for longevity however.

12. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    So far so good. The shine is deeper and glossier than the 3.0 Wolfgang sealant alone. Car is not done yet. Will post pics when done.

13. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #13 rockitman, Aug 27, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 27, 2015
    As far as static, I think the culprit is buffing off the sealant and or wax with plush microfiber towels...perhaps the detail spray after wax buff will get rid of the static to some degree.

14. koop

koop Formula Junior

Apr 30, 2011
    +1

Agree that paint correction is really what brings out the most depth. And typically flat paint colors will be deeper than metallics. I've tried numerous waxes/sealants/coatings over the years and discovered that nearly all provide the same end result visually (they add gloss but don't have much effect on depth). The differences are usually in the longevity, amount of water repelling, and ease of application. Nowadays, I just use a quick spray wax for the weekend cars that don't see much weather or sit outside in the sun.

15. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Looking forward to the pics but mostly glad you can see a difference after applying Fuzion over the sealant. Glad, because I went ahead and ordered some to try on my black 348. While I agree with those who have said that prep is most of the end result, the reviews on Fuzion are so consistently positive I want to check it out for myself.

16. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    How much did it cost for that?

17. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
  18. rockitman

rockitman F1 Veteran

May 31, 2015
    Upstate, NY
    Full Name:
    Christian
    #19 rockitman, Aug 28, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  19. DesertDawg

DesertDawg Eight Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 25, 2010
    The Desert
    Full Name:
    DesertDawg
  20. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Christian, I agree that it's tough to tell much in pics, especially the small ones required here. But it's certainly nice to see shots of your lovely car. Looks so great in black!

Thanks for the feedback. The thing that interests me most about Fuzion is that it also contains some polymers, which will hopefully result in better longevity than pure carnuba. So I'd be interested to hear how you think it holds up for you.

Thanks again!

21. bocaf430

bocaf430 Formula 3

Jun 10, 2014
    LI, boca raton
    Paint looks good in photos