Garage Pics for Bundy | FerrariChat

Garage Pics for Bundy

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by raider1968, Jul 7, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    #1 raider1968, Jul 7, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    #2 raider1968, Jul 7, 2016
    Bundy, as I mentioned I would stay away from this brand of openers - I have two sets of doors in the main garage and two sets in my wife's art studio - never had them all working at the same time - gave up and just open manually - pain in the butt for parts and each board that burned out on regular basis was $750 each.

You also asked about my daughter tracking - here's some pictures from last winter at PBIR
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. LBBP

LBBP Formula Junior

raider1968 I have question regarding your garage doors. How has the sealing aspect been with your out swinging garage doors? I'm building a new garage and previously had high bay roll up doors which were a PITA to keep completely sealed. Also, what brand of door are you using? How have they been for durability, weathering, etc?
    I'm thinking of going with this particular opener for my project, the site also makes custom doors which are pricey, especially factoring in shipping. Also, you garage looks great!

Real Carriage Door Hardware - Carriage Door Openers

4. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    #4 Bundy, Jul 7, 2016
    Thanks, John! The garage, home, and setting are gorgeous. Awesome pics of your daughter, too. Hopefully, we'll get a chance to see her at the track someday, although I don't relish the idea of being schooled by a 26-year-old lady. Love the color scheme on her Lotus and outfit.

We live in horse country, so your garage door aesthetic would be perfect. Reminiscent of horse drawn carriage doors. If I don't do the steel and glass "display case" garage, I might do a stone garage with your doors. I don't mind manually opening the doors, to be honest, since it would be a second garage for non daily drivers. Sort of burned out on rollup garage doors. Our main house has them, but I tried to make them look as much like carriage doors as possible.

5. 360Tom

360Tom Formula 3

May 9, 2013
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom
    Those are some beautiful garage doors. It helps having the F12 in front of them.

6. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Thanks, Tom. They're made out of Spanish cedar. Yeah, a Ferrari takes any house up a notch.

7. Bundy

Bundy Formula 3

May 18, 2011
    Arizona & Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Anir
    Hey John,

I am reviewing the long standing garage thread for ideas, and saw more pics of your timber garage from 2013. It's very well done, and the perfect home for the mountain setting. Amazing vistas.

8. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    Thank you sir