Spray Cleaner Between Washes & Concorso 2016 | FerrariChat

Spray Cleaner Between Washes & Concorso 2016

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by synergy, Aug 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. synergy

synergy Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I like to wipe down my car after 1-2 drives to keep her shiny and clean and I have tried about a dozen variations of Spray cleaner. I've found that this is a good technique and keeps the car clean so you do not have to wash her very often. Many of the spray cleaners (not spray car wash) streak and sometimes make my Grigio Silverstone look dull. I also worry about stripping my wax off. So far I like the results from Griots Speed Shine and Zaino the best.

This year at the Concorso Italiano I saw a few different new options. A new Meguiars blend that I haven't seen yet was used by Ferrari this year at the Casa De Ferrari venue on HWY 1 that looked really good on the black 488's they were cleaning up.

What are you guys seeing lately, anything worth switching to? What do you use?

2. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott
    I like Ultima Waterless Wash (UWW) and Optimum No Rinse (ONR). Two great products, IMO.

3. spdrcr

spdrcr Formula Junior

Aug 2, 2004
    San Jose, CA
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Recently I've been using Optimum Instant Detailer & Gloss Enhancer

4. randkin

randkin Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 2, 2015
    Somis, CA
    Full Name:
    Randy
    I have used Bullet Shine with good results. You dilute with 1 gallon of water so it seems to last a long time. The old container used to look like a silver bullet in think the current container is plastic.

5. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    I've been using Zaino for 15+ years - I can't see any reason to change :)

6. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    I've never washed my black 348. I use this instead: https://www.amazon.com/Smartwax-20105-SmartONE-Waterless-Sealant/dp/B0028SH6PE/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1471914137&sr=8-1&keywords=smartwax+sealant

I am a serious hobbyist level detailer so I'm very picky about every product I use on my cars. This stuff has no bad characteristics other than needing a bunch of shaking to get the clay and wax into suspension prior to use. It does require appropriate plush microfiber towels to work properly though.

7. hhibbett

hhibbett Karting

Aug 24, 2008
    More like 10 years for me, but I agree. I like the results.

8. Bob in Texas

Bob in Texas F1 Rookie

Apr 23, 2012
    Just East of Weird
    Full Name:
    Bob
    +2 Zaino. And Pinnacle grand detail spray, as I use their wax. Complimentary products.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

9. JoshVette

JoshVette Formula Junior

Aug 12, 2007
    Grand Prairie/Dallas
    Full Name:
    Josh
    Best one I've ever used is Gloss It Quick Detailer. Pretty expensive but I've yet to find an equal. It doesn't streak and can actually use it on glass with no streaks as well. It's an amazing QD.

10. islandguy

islandguy Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 12, 2007
    Northern CA & NV
    I have a few cars that I've never washed with water. I'm hooked on Adams detail spray. I've tried others but they either leave a film or streak too much for my liking. Thing about Adams is you can use it on windows which says a lot too.

11. AVMotorsport

AVMotorsport Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 11, 2004
    SoCal
    Full Name:
    Alex V
    +1 on Adams Polishes' Detail Spray. I've been using them for a long time now, and they have a new formulation that works really well on glass, too. It's very easy to wipe off and achieve a slippery shine. I have an Argento (silver) Ferrari which is easy to maintain, but I have been using it to detail my two black cars and SUVs all the time. And as long as you use a good, clean and fresh microfiber cloth, and if the car is not very heavily soiled, it will not scratch.

Here is drought stricken Southern CA, I have been using these exclusively with great results, saving water by not having to wash cars for several months at a time.

YMMV.

12. Jsf721

Jsf721 Karting

May 15, 2015
    optimum no rinse for the light dust removal without scratching and the trick here is tons of clean soft MF towels. if you don't have a coating then add Polish Angel Cosmic spritz or any other the custom color matched sprays in the carnauba arts line for the kill.

I have white alabaster and it looks just insane.

13. synergy

synergy Formula Junior

Aug 5, 2007
    Austin Texas
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Great feedback. I also just tried Chemical Guys Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant and Quick Detailer and was really impressed. Especially on our black car. Has anyone tried any products from Chemical Guys?

14. Jürgen Geisler

Jürgen Geisler Formula Junior

Jan 16, 2015
    Good old Europe
    Full Name:
    Jürgen
    I use Surf City Garage Speed Damon, no scratches, plus a shine like freshly waxed (contains Carnauba Wax). No streaks... Use it amoung other's on a blu pozzi car. Difficult colour, comparable with solid black....

Saluti,

Jürgen

15. IMAGINETHAT

IMAGINETHAT Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Palm Desert, CA
    Full Name:
    Len
    Adam's Waterless Wash followed by Adam's Detail Spray does an excellent job between washes. Safe enough for the paint and doesn't leave streaks.

16. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #16 Streetsurfer, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I really like Croftgate USA's products. They do what you're looking for nicely. No water needed, Quick-n-Slick works nice on glass, bugs and sap clean off easily. I've noticed it allows for the rinsing of much of that stuff clean in light rains. It takes very little product to do the between wash touch ups, and doesn't leave streaking on my Grigio Abarth. I think you'd like it if you were to try it.
    On the board are their cleaner, tire shine, aquanil-x, and quick-n-slick, the big bottle, their quick detailer spray.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

17. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    #17 Streetsurfer, Aug 28, 2016
    Last edited: Aug 28, 2016
    Cleared a double post here. Happened during an edit, sorry.

18. spike308

spike308 F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    Austin TX!
    Full Name:
    Mike Z
    Do you guys use these "spray wash" products on grimy cars?
    there's not mud caked on my car, but she is a dirty girl! (not in a good way)
    just curious.....
    I've got very nice microfiber cloths.....
    I try not to wash her any more... she is older, water hides in places I can't get. Don't want to encourage that b###h called rust!

19. Dom

Dom F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 5, 2002
    I use Optimum No Rinse Wash and Wax. You can use it as a quick detailer, I think it's 3oz/gallon water. I use distilled water.

I use one of those half-gallon garden sprayers. Do one panel at a time, and depending on how dirty the car is, I spray just a little, or enough to really get it soaking wet. Then, wipe with a microfiber (one towel per panel or section). Use a separate microfiber to buff dry.

I haven't had to do a traditional wash in a looong time.

20. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    If the car is coated with dust you might be able to blow enough of it off with compressed air to make a difference.

If it's caked on dirt you're probably better off using something like Optimum No Rinse and their recommended two bucket method.

I've never had to use the SmartWax One (which I prefer to Optimum No Rinse, BTW) on a super filthy car but years ago I helped a friend clean his filthy 348 (single stage paint) with Dri Wash n Guard, cringing the entire time. But in the end it was clear it not harmed the paint. I'd still prefer to be able to flood the paint with cleaner if the car is truly filthy.

Very thick, plush microfiber towels are a must. I use these for waterless cleaning and no other purpose: https://www.detailersdomain.com/collections/microfiber-towels-applicators/products/special-buy-10-pack-uber-quick-detail-microfiber-towel

Fold them into quarters and turn frequently. Remove the initial layer of dirt using very light pressure in straight lines. Then go back with a clean towel and re-clean the panel, finishing off with a light circular polishing to remove the wax residue (assuming you're using SmartWax One).

21. SizzleChest

SizzleChest Formula Junior

Dec 15, 2014
    Naples, FL
    Full Name:
    Scott

Yes you can. Just go heavy with product or ratio to water.

Use one side of the towel for one wipe then go to another, fold, repeat until towel is done. Get another clean fresh MF towel and you should be fine!

22. Patek

Patek Formula 3

Mar 24, 2006
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    John Milton Denton
    I only use Adams products, after trying tons of other stuff. They are all close, but Adams takes the prize.

23. Intheflesh

Intheflesh Formula 3

Jun 2, 2006
    Salem NH
    Full Name:
    John T
    #23 Intheflesh, Oct 12, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2016
    This has been my new go-to for my GT350:

Chemical Guys - Hybrid V7 Optical Select High Gloss Spray Sealant & Quick Detailer (16 oz)

My car is relatively new, I wash every other weekend, and its my daily driver. I haven't properly waxed or sealed the car yet, but I plan on putting a ceramic coating before it goes away for the winter.

Its a pretty good detail spray and and gets my by in between washes. It's a little pricey, but it is one of the best and easiest I have used.

Once I have the ceramic coating put on, I will probably switch to a less expensive quick detail spray for 'maintenance".

24. vvassallo

vvassallo F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 4, 2006
    Palos Verdes
    Full Name:
    Vince V
    +1 I barely detail my BMW that has been ceramic coated. I wash it and it looks detailed.

25. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    I've been using various brands of the spray cleaner on my Ferrari for 25 years. The car has never been washed and these products seem to do a pretty good job.