Mytee Extractor | FerrariChat

Mytee Extractor

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by ClydeM, Nov 25, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    A search didn't turn up anything on the Mytee cleaners on FChat.
    I'm thinking about the HP120 Grand Prix.
    Anybody have any experience with their products?

2. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    Not having received a response here, I looked over the net & saw good things about it. I bought it. If you care, Kleen-riteCorporation.com has the best price, by far. Black Friday brought a good deal on shipping. The unit is heavy & bulky & requires a transport truck.
    I justified it by saying I'll use it for all our cars & upholstery & some smaller area rugs. :)

First impressions - It is a bit big. (2) 10 gal tanks. One fresh water, one waste. for just a DYI home detailer, one of their smaller units might have been sufficient. Easy to set up, fairly easy to clean, there's lots of chances for making messes. Easy to move around on its castors.

I pulled two car mats out of my daily drivers. I just used plain water (recommended). I do have cleaner I'll try later. And they do have "New Auto Smell" scent if Banana or tropical doesn't float your boat :)

It did not remove any smudges out of the mats. It did not brighten the white embroidered Marque name (but then neither did tide detergent and lots of elbow grease last time I tried) But it did clean them way better than a big wet/dry shop vac. It's one pass with hot water/steam, two passes to dry. The dirt coming out of the mats was significant. The mats finished lightly damp to the touch.

You could probably get away with a standalone shampooer & your everyday big wet/dry shop vac. to get things cleaner, I'll probably try my Porter-cable 7232 detailer with scrub brush next time after the 1st steamer pass.

Now I have to get busy with it around the house so the wife can see I am justifying the purchase :)

3. ClydeM

ClydeM F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Wayne, NJ
    Full Name:
    Clyde E. McMurdy
    It's warm enough in NNJ to get serious with the detailing.
    The wife's MB & my 308 were up. Took out the 4 floor mats, soaked them with water, sprinkled some tide on them, & used the porter cable carpet brush. Rinse, repeat with real carpet cleaner, rinse. The only down side is the carpet brush ruffles the nap of the carpet making is a smidge fluffy. Then used a shop vac on the inside carpets.

Looked clean.

Brought out the Mytee & used their small upholstery tool & crevise tool on the interior & then again on the 4 floor mats. It got out dirt from my heal and several stains like a big coffee stain in the MB. (No honey, you CANT bring liquids into my Ferrari.)

It gave back 2 gals of very black water without any additional scrubbing. Amazing.