Garage condos | FerrariChat

Garage condos

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by Stentboy, Feb 15, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Anyone heard of them. They built some in Plano Texas and they were apparently quite a hit so now they're building some more in various towns here in the Dallas Fort Worth metroplex. I'm in the process of finalizing a contract to purchase a 24 x 48 space in the new development in Allen Texas. The major downside is they are quite expensive, approximately 180 bucks a foot. Anyone out there have any experience or knowledge of this concept?

2. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    We have a similar style here in houston, actually two different companies. I know one of them is doing quite well but I'm not sure if the cost per sqft. The other looks to be much more "fancy" but I have never seen it in person. I love the idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Thanks for your input. Anybody else know anything about the subject?

4. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    i have looked at developing i like project.

have spoken with bruno up at the motorplex

what ya looking to do ?

5. Eric C

Eric C F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 20, 2009
    St. Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Eric
  6. GTO Joe

GTO Joe Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 15, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Full Name:
    Joseph Troutwine
    When I lived in Phoenix I was an early purchaser of a unit in a project called "Garage Town" which was only a few blocks from my home. There were different sizes and I had a 24'x48' unit. It was a great purchase and when I relocated east I had people lined up to buy it. The units had heat/air and had 16' ceilings so you could ad a mezzanine which was really nice (I had one installed). While not all units were used for car collecting storage the vast majority were and it made for a great group of people to interact with on a daily basis. We had a small club house that was available for all as well as really nice rest room/shower facilities. The security was also real good with each unit having its own system as well as a gated entrance with security cameras and the entire complex was sprinklered.

7. Stentboy

Stentboy Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 8, 2008
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Yeah the one I'm gonna buy has a 300 square foot mezzanine and it's right next-door to the clubhouse. Appreciate your comments about resale. The base unit is quite expensive and needs to be painted (only taped and beded)and floor covered and the mezzanine more finished out.

8. John_K_348

John_K_348 F1 Rookie

Sep 20, 2013
    Boston, MA
    Full Name:
    John E. Kenney
    Oh big time! 20 years ago, two stripes and an oil stain in downtown Boston-Back Bay, old dense 19th century townhouses. Some more modern garages?

$175,000!

And an alley spot in the Back Bay the past couple years?

$500,000+ (high end) :O

9. Zeus

Zeus Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 28, 2007
    Palm Beach
    Full Name:
    Lawrence
    In 2000, as an investment, I bought parking spaces in a 200+ unit dedicated condominium parking garage in Boaton for $20K per space. Each condo space is now worth over $200K. The monthly common charge is minimal, as are the real estate taxes, and they currently rent for $400/month per space. I'll likely sell the units when they hit $500K each. And being a parking space landlord is a great business model...nobody calls you in the middle of the night to have their space number repainted.

10. jm2

jm2 F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 19, 2002
    michigan
    Full Name:
    john
    these are very cool: M1 Concourse
    local here in Pontiac,MI

11. energy88

energy88 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2012
    West of Fredericksburg, VA
    Full Name:
    John
    Wow! You've certainly hit a home run! Paid for itself in the first 5 years and brings in a yearly income of nearly $1 million. Congratulations.

12. IMAGINETHAT

IMAGINETHAT Rookie

Mar 18, 2015
    Palm Desert, CA
    Full Name:
    Len
    I remember when this track was looking for initial investors and I was fresh out of school. At the time lifetime membership included a lot and was offered at a fraction of what they are charging now. I passed but looking back it was missed investment opportunity.

thethermalclub.com

For those that own - do any allow overnight stays ?

13. Mang

Mang F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 11, 2007
    ta HO
    Full Name:
    Mike S.
    There is a perfect building in my small town sitting vacant for years to do a project like this. Puts on real estate development hat, lol.

Really a cool concept, hanging with like kind car fanatics and seeing other rides, perfect scene...any way to incorporate strippers into the business plan? Then it would be over the top!! :D

14. willwork04

willwork04 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 25, 2012
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Will
    Jason -- what are the 2 in Houston?

15. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo

There is Garage Oasis off of Louetta and then Garage Town in Spring. Both on the same side of town (basically). I'm surprised that they didn't open more towards downtown or midtown but I'm sure the land is WAY cheaper where they are at.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

16. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    I tried to get a hold of someone at the Louetta place to no avail
    Did not know about the other one

17. JohnnyRay

JohnnyRay F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2014
    Central FL/NW WI
    AutoMotorPlex in Chanhassen, MN has deluxe car condos in various sizes. Some hold more than a dozen cars. Most have lofts with lounge areas. The Cars and Coffee events are held here as well. Great setup, but on the other side of town from us...