Leather cleaning product for blue jean stain | FerrariChat

Leather cleaning product for blue jean stain

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by THE RED MENACE, Feb 26, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    What is the best product for cleaning seats with blue jean stains. I am thinking about ordering a BMW X5 with grey seats, they look awesome but I know they will eventually be stained by jeans, what is the best product to clean the seats and protect them. Thanks

2. ///Mike

///Mike F1 Veteran

Dec 11, 2003
    Bugtussle
    Leather Master makes a product designed for that purpose. Thankfully I've not needed it so I can't comment on its efficacy.

3. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    If the leather will be brand new the best thing to do is clean it often. Don't allow the dye to soak into the leather. Get a basic kit from Leather Master as stated above and that should work. Do a light cleaning once a month, or twice a month if you notice heavy due transfer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    Another option is to find a Cquartz Finest installer and have them cost the leather with Cquartz Leather. After that just a wipe down with a damp microfiber once or twice a month and that's it. You won't need to worry about conditioners.

5. centerfireman

centerfireman Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 23, 2015
    Roseville, CA
    I have always had very good results with "Lexol" Leather Cleaner (on gray leather seats on a Honda Pilot).

6. THE RED MENACE

THE RED MENACE Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 24, 2005
    If it can be taken care of with a cleaning once or twice a month, that's not bad, I was afraid it would be a big hassle. I don't know how good the BMW leather is, I know it's not like Ferrari leather, so hopefully it will durable.

7. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo

Yeah if you are starting with a new car it should be easy to maintain. If you wait too long and think "I'll get to it later" too many times then you will run into issues. I have seen jeans ruin seats because the owner just never got to it.

8. Einsteiger

Einsteiger Karting

Oct 9, 2014
    Overland Park, KS US
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    1Einzett - now Nextzett - makes a great leather product. I was able to remove blue jean stains from the white leather seats of an MB SLS.

9. staatsof

staatsof Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 13, 2005
    Fuggetaboutitland
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Believe it or not ... for newer vehicles like my 99 suburban and 2005 Jag with light seats Scrubbing Bubbles is just fantastic at this. That tip came form a supplier of seat rebuilding kits for my Suburban. I had brown leather jacket color on the seat top and blue jeans color on the seat bottom. Brand new again!

I wouldn't try this on my 70's Lambo with Connolly leather though! LOL :D

10. Jsf721

Jsf721 Karting

May 15, 2015
    I have used Leather Masters, or Polish Angel Bella Clean with success.

11. Roadking

Roadking Karting

Oct 9, 2005
    I had a Bentley Continental GTC with light magnolia interior and I used Murphy's Oil Soap and water on a wet cloth. Soap it up and rub lightly then rinse with clean water. After it dries apply Lexol Conditioner. Murphy's is not abrasive and won't scuff leather. As with all cleaners, try it on an inconspicuous area first. I wear jeans every day and after 5 years the interior looked almost new.