XPEL F430 cost | FerrariChat

XPEL F430 cost

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by danzf430, Apr 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. danzf430

danzf430 Rookie

May 20, 2014
    Sacramento, CA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Hello,

I was quoted $4.5K from an XPEL recommended installer for my F430 for removal of factory clear bra, stage 1 paint correction and full wrap except the roof. Basically all the pre-cut patterns for the F430 with some custom for headlights and air vent edges. Is this a fair price or am I being ripped off? in Sacramento Ca?

Thank you in advance!

2. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    That's very fair, actually for California I would say that is a little cheap to be honest haha. Here in Houston to remove factory film on front, perform at least a light polish (stage one) and wrap everything minus the roof we would charge a little over 5k.

I know quite a few good detailers/ppf installers in California. Who did you get quoted by?

Have you looked into Suntek film? In our experience it is WAY clearer than Xpel and you won't have the stretch lines that most see with Xpel films. Who ever you go with if hey are using the pre cut kits tell them to extend them. It's usually an inch or less but will allow them to wrap underneath where possible instead of the basic kit that comes to the edges.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo
    I looked up Sacramento as I'm not up on my geography haha. If you want the best out there call up Man Leung. I have known him personally for a few years and their work is second to none.

6320 Belleau Wood Ln
    Sacramento, CA 95822

Phone: (916) 304-2929

Email: [email protected]

4. Patrick21x

Patrick21x Karting

Apr 11, 2014
    Orange County
    $4500 sounds about right and what I paid for my first pre cut wrap (Never Again) . Problem is Pre Cut Suckkkkksssss compared to having it hand cut. The pre cut leaves way to many visible edges that can be seen. Biggest issue on my Posche that had pre cut clear bra was that dirt builds up in the edges much easier. If you use wax on the car, there begins to be white wax residue build up on the edges. After learning this, I searched and searched for the next company to do my 488. Hand cut allows them to hide every seem making it look like its an original paint job. Seriously, everyone thinks my 488 is painted Matte.

I found Boden Autohaus in Costa Mesa Ca. They charge a bit more, but worth every penny. The main guy Chris has over 11 years installing Clear Bras and wraps. They wrapped my 488 completely in the new Suntek Stealth clear. It gave the entire car a Matte/Satin finish I was looking for. This entire week they have been removing the previouse (pre cut) clear bra and now have begun installing a Matte grey wrap on my Cayenne Turbo S. Ill post a video and pics once its done next week.

Here is a Time Lapse of when they wrapped my car. $7000 for 4 days non stop work. I couldn't be happier. The difference between them and the previous company I paid $4500 to was night and day. Good luck with whoever you end up choosing, Just make sure to do hand cut to hide and tuck all the seems.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBN-yklJOwc[/ame]

5. Kruegmeister

Kruegmeister Formula Junior
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 24, 2016
    Michigan
    Full Name:
    Kruegmeister
    #5 Kruegmeister, Apr 15, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  6. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo

Lmao like my grandmothers old house.

7. dwe8922

dwe8922 Formula Junior

Feb 27, 2004
    FL
    Full Name:
    David
    How long do the clear wraps last in general? My scuderia has a full wrap; likely done in Northern Cal when it was new. It's a hand cut wrap, and the best detail work I've seen; almost all of the edges are hidden. I seal it twice a year with expel sealer.

The reason I ask, is I have a race car that I removed the clear bra on the front bumper, half hood and fenders, and rocker. It was nicely done as well, but lived a hard life getting pelted with tire clag, dirt, etc. When I removed it, some of it was thinned out and perforated. It literally came off about 1/4 inch at a time. I tried all kinds of tricks, but a plastic razor and heat gun, and a lot of patience seemed to work best. I use 3m adhesive remover to remove rubber marks, and thought that might have degraded the film, but the film was just as tough to remove in areas that weren't pelted, or exposed the tire marks. I think it was just degraded from time. I had a spare bumper with newer clear bra that came off super easy compared to the above.

After this experience, I worry about how long to leave the clear bra on on the scud, and especially the xpel I've put on different cars headlights......

8. Ngcanada

Ngcanada Formula Junior

May 16, 2016
    Ottawa Canada
    I just had my 2015 458 wrapped in Xpel, the whole car, all the edges were extended and rolled under the edges. Looks incredible, there is no way you can tell the car was wrapped. In fact, after the car was completed and also done with Cquartz, the color of the car looks deeper or more rich. I paid the equivalent of $4500 USD in Canadian dollars. I am now protected and feel a little more confident when I end up taking her to the track.

9. MobileJay

MobileJay Formula 3
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 9, 2006
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Jason Cavallo

This is going to depend on the brand and the adhesive used. One other reason I switched to Suntek is because the adhesive isn't so aggressive as with Xpel. This will help later on if a panel needs to be removed for any reason.

10. Envious Eric

Envious Eric Karting

Sep 21, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    Full Name:
    Eric
    Agreed, we use Suntek primarily as well. It flat out looks better, and installs cleaner than Xpel.

Of course a kit cut full car would be about 5k, and take two full days. A completely bulked and hand trimmed car will take 4 to 5 days depending on complexity. Price will vary between 6k and 7500.

There are no shortcuts here, clear bra isn't as easy as one might think!

11. 3POINT8

3POINT8 F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2014
    sounds like an amazing deal. i was quote over $8k here in vancouver

12. Topes

Topes Karting

Sep 6, 2015
    Charleston
    Full Name:
    Ryan
    Wow! I can't believe these prices. Here in SC we have a hard time selling our full fronts for $1700...may have to move in the near future!

13. Prancinghorse619

BANNED

May 10, 2017
    I had the same dilemma with my vehicles. I wasn't sure I felt I should go with xpel or suntek. Xpel had the 10 year warranty and the suntek had the 5 year warranty.

Luckily my detailer D'elegance Detailing aided me and gave me the rundown on both films. However, he did give me some advice that I'm definitely glad he gave me. And that was if you get any clear bra or vinyl wrap on the car definitely follow up with ceramic coating. Because vinyl is easier to scratch (granted the clear bra has self heal) and overtime it looses its anti oxidation properties whereas the ceramic coating ensures it's always protected. This means it always looks great.

Since 2009 I have had suntek with at first opticoat and then about 4 years later I went with ceramic pro 9h and to this day it looks like the day I got it. It definitely wasn't cheap either.

They have over 20 years experience with tint, decals/livery, wraps, and ppf.