Deciding on a 4 post Bendpak Lift | FerrariChat

Deciding on a 4 post Bendpak Lift

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by DanD., Apr 19, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DanD.

DanD. Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 16, 2015
    Chicago, Illinois
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Hey guys, I need to buy two four post car lifts and have decided that I will most likely go with Bendpak. The issue is that a see a whole array of Bendpak four post lifts and can't decide on which one to get. It seems as if the HD-9 is a popular choice, but I'd like your guys' opinion on this. Thanks in advance.

2. rbsloan11

rbsloan11 Karting

Apr 25, 2007
    Carmel
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I hate the name but love the product - backyard buddy. It seems way more over engineered than the bendpak lifts. I too have been comparing the options and think that it is probably the best

3. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    Names are a funny thing. I'm sure the Bendpak lifts are great as many speak well of them, but the name literally contains the word "bend"... Not exactly confidence inspiring to me if I am doing anything with heavy machinery... However, that did not influence my decision to go with BYB many years ago. That was simply word of mouth from a few friends.

I can tell you I've been a Backyard Buddy owner for over 13 years with no issues on several 4 post lifts.

Dan, in your position, I would find out who Bendpak recommends as an installer in your area and then discuss their opinion. If they are any good, they will be able to give you good advice.

4. phrogs

phrogs F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 13, 2004
    Michigan
    I have a hd-9 wide version, standard height.

5. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    #5 Randy R, Apr 20, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had my HD-9ST installed about 5 years ago. I chose the more narrow model, as I only wanted it to fit in 1/2 of a 2 car bay. I ordered it in red from Garage Equipment Supply, and they delivered and installed it for $625. I also purchased Bendpak's extended light weight aluminum ramps, drip pans, and their "slide in rail" pneumatic scissor lift (RJ-45) <- this addition has been awesome!!! Bendpaks require 220V, not 110v, and they require compressed air in order to activate/deactivate the locking mechanism. I believe the BYB runs on 110v and uses a manual level to activate/deactivate the locking mechanism.

I had the electrical and required air lines dropped from the ceiling in order to avoid any tripping hazards, and I built a step ramp along the left side, so that when I step out of a vehicle on the lift, I have more room to plant my foot. Last, I had GE bolt the lift into the floor, as I live in earthquake country - I don't want it walk across the floor.

Needless to say, I'm really happy with my lift.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. ag512bbi

ag512bbi F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 8, 2003
    So. Cal
    Full Name:
    Armen
    Randy R, Are you satisfied with the standard version? I was contemplating going wide, but The standard will preserve the room I need in my garage. I was planning only on Ferraris to go up. Your Bendpak model and color was exactly what I was Looking into.

7. Gh21631

Gh21631 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 24, 2011
    East
    Mine will be installed next week. Bendpack HD9 std, happy to report back if anyone is interested.

8. blown daytona

blown daytona Formula 3

Feb 6, 2008
    maryland
    Bend Pak is fine. I have two of them at home.

9. Randy R

Randy R Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 23, 2011
    SF Bay Area
    Full Name:
    '14 Cal 30 TDF/Tan
    Very happy. I've had it for 5+ years. I must admit that I have not put our Cal 30 on it, but our SPF Cobra and '67 e-type fit with plenty of room to spare. I did put our '05 BMW545i on it once, and it was tight - I had to fold in the side mirrors, but I might have done that out of comfort, as opposed to requirement.