Question about vintage white colours.... | FerrariChat

Question about vintage white colours....

Discussion in 'Detailing & Showroom' started by davemqv, May 8, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    #1 davemqv, May 8, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I asked this in the vintage section and didn't get much traction, so trying here...

Speaking about older paint colours here...

For those of you who know or have seen both in the flesh, is Bianco Polo Park (20-W-152) a warmer white, and Bianco (96-W-157) a cool/neutral white?

That's how it looks in this photo from 330gt.com, but the colour chart is obviously old and may have yellowed, so just confirming.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    #2 isuk, May 9, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I had one of my Dinos returned to it's original colour of Bianco Polo Park. It is a lovely shade of white that has a very slight tinge of green to it that gives it a nice depth that is lacking in some of the modern appliance type whites that many auto manufacturers use that have more of a blue tint in them.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

3. davemqv

davemqv F1 Rookie

Aug 28, 2014
    USA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Your car looks fantastic!

A touch of green in Bianco Polo Park? That's interesting. I never would have guessed that. It always appears warm in photos to me.

Thanks for the description and pic!

4. willrace

willrace Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 21, 2006
    North Tay-has
    Full Name:
    Kurt
    I know that Bianco Avus has a green hue to it, but thought Polo Park was more pure, if not metallic.

5. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    Part of the formula for mixing up Polo Park which is a solid (non metallic) white includes adding yellow and blue tint which gives the very subtle greenish tinge in certain lighting conditions.