Go Back   FerrariChat.com > The Ferrari Lifestyle > Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining

Share/Bookmark LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-25-2012, 11:27 AM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Matt
Is anyone familiar with the dominican montecristo classic series? I lit up the rothchilde vitola last night and it was very weird.

It had an overly sweet, gummy, almost like a slight menthol aftertaste. I'm trying to be honest with myself: I can't decide if i really liked it or not. At the time it was just so different than what I'm used to. Now i'm anxious to try it again to make up my mind. Maybe that's the answer right there?

Am Ii the only one that thinks this is an odd one?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 02-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Andy Klueber
Got these yesterday.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13281625357780.jpg (19.8 KB, 456 views)
Old 02-05-2012, 07:50 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Kyle Swickard
Had my first Camacho today, the Connecticut. I love the spice from it, but was still pretty mellow compared to my usual go to sticks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.K. View Post
Got these yesterday.
My favorite local shop just got a few boxes of the My Uzi Weighs a Ton. How are they?
Old 02-06-2012, 08:53 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: John
Quote:
Originally Posted by msquared View Post
Is anyone familiar with the dominican montecristo classic series? I lit up the rothchilde vitola last night and it was very weird.

It had an overly sweet, gummy, almost like a slight menthol aftertaste. I'm trying to be honest with myself: I can't decide if i really liked it or not. At the time it was just so different than what I'm used to. Now i'm anxious to try it again to make up my mind. Maybe that's the answer right there?

Am Ii the only one that thinks this is an odd one?

I had a bunch of the 1999 anniversary series that were great. Not sure how far off they are from yours. Pretty mellow and mild though. I can't say any of them had a menthol aftertaste. Not sure I'd like that either!?
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 02-08-2012, 05:15 PM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by konatown View Post
Had my first Camacho today, the Connecticut. I love the spice from it, but was still pretty mellow compared to my usual go to sticks.

My favorite local shop just got a few boxes of the My Uzi Weighs a Ton. How are they?
Can't realy say yet. I've only had one so far the ones I got was a pre week smoke to try out before my local B&M had another DoubleShot event with Drew Estates and Joya de Nicaragua.
It was the second one their the rep. Had a bundle of the MUZWAT 6x60 and a box of Undercrown Corona Doble (hit those hard) along with JDN Dark Corojo.
The local B&M should carrying the MUZWAT and Undercrowns soon. So for the MUZWAT 5x60 was pretty good stick. Medium bodied with coffee/ chocolate notes with mid wood and spice undertones running almost three hours of smoking time.
Old 02-12-2012, 05:16 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

From tonight. Have a special one to try tomorrow.

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1329045380409.jpg (38.2 KB, 381 views)
Old 02-13-2012, 05:33 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

And here is tonights treat. Pretty tasty but I think the Padron from last night was still better.

Old 02-13-2012, 05:36 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Try this once more....uploadfromtaptalk1329132990266.jpg

Old 02-19-2012, 03:45 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

This place has been dead lately just as I've been stocking up and enjoying some decent sticks.

Didn't get done what I wanted on my car tonight so I'm loserbrating with a new one to me. Lit up a Rocky Patel Decade Torpedo. Very nice smoke!! I took a chance and bought a box of them so I'm glad I like them!!
Old 02-25-2012, 08:21 PM
Formula 3
Non Subscribed

Full Name: Chad
Going to be a long night. Got hired off duty to work a Frat party with another officer so had to pick something up. 2 montecristos cabinet seleccion Belicosos and 2 Churchill. Will get some actions shots shortly, lol.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:28 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Matt
Happy birthday to me: Macallan 18 and some Davidoffs - Anniversario No. 3 and Double <<R>>.

She's busting my balls to propose; she may well be worth it.
Old 02-26-2012, 11:06 PM
Two Time F1 World Champ
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: DrS
Quote:
Originally Posted by msquared View Post
Happy birthday to me: Macallan 18 and some Davidoffs - Anniversario No. 3 and Double <<R>>.

She's busting my balls to propose; she may well be worth it.
A happy birthday indeed!!!!
DrSPunksOwnd: Dan,x8664amd,CUSTEL, ,Yellow_Jacket,VK430GT, james_bond,Xatzhkyriakeio7,otaku,BenEvens,BlazinBW F,ForzaItalia06RossoBarchetta,TheRari ,F430WPB, laxexquis,nickm, porschedriver986 ,SirRobbins, exoticcollector, AgentPenguin, Cuonuct, ExcelsiorZ
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 02-28-2012, 12:37 AM
Karting
Non Subscribed

Got twenty of these today. Padilla La Terraza Maduro Robusto.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 13304105837940.jpg (33.9 KB, 267 views)
Old 03-04-2012, 08:49 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by A.D.K. View Post
Got twenty of these today. Padilla La Terraza Maduro Robusto.
Hey Andy, if you're interested there is a Big Smoke dinner and event down here in Evansville on the 31 of March. Here is some info, copy and pasted from my email.

Cigar! Cigar!, Madeleine's Fusion Restaurant, Buxton Motorsports, and Tucker Publishing/Evansville Living Magazine will host the very first annual River City BIG SMOKE with all profits benefiting the Wounded Warrior Project. The date is Saturday, March 31, 2012 from 6 PM until 10 PM which coincidentally is the day before a local smoking ban goes into effect.
The River City BIG SMOKE will be held in Madeleine's Event Center, 956 Parrett Street, Evansville, IN and will include a gourmet buffet provided by Madeleine's Fusion Restaurant, complimentary premium liquor tastings of single malt scotch, high end bourbons, etc. along with several complimentary premium cigars. First Year Introductory Price for the very first River City BIG SMOKE is $50 per ticket and is partially tax deductible. There will be a cash bar and a cigar bar available where attendees can purchase beer, wine, mixed drinks, cigars by the single or box, and cigar accessories plus numerous vendor tables and displays.
We are LIMITED TO 300 TICKETS and they must be purchased in advance at Cigar! Cigar!, Madeleine's Fusion Restaurant, Tucker Publishing/Evansville Living offices, Buxton Motorsports, or Opus 1 Music. You can also call 1-812-401-1202 to purchase. All tickets will either be mailed to your address or can be picked up at the door the night of the event. Tickets WILL NOT be available for purchase at the door and You Must Be 21 Years of Age to Attend this event.
This event will be a great night out not only for cigar smokers, but anyone who enjoys gourmet food, fine bourbons, single malt scotch, good music, and just a great, fun evening. Mark your calendar now, buy your tickets as soon as possible, and prepare for a great Saturday evening, March 31, 2012. All profits from this event will benefit the Wounded Warrior's Project (see: http://www.woundedwarriorproject.org/) and part of your ticket price is tax deductible
UPDATE: The list of complimentary whisky pours currently stands at the following: Russell Reserve Southern, Rare Breed, Wild Turkey 81, Stetson, Glenlivet Nadura 18 year old, Glenlivet Nadura 21 year old, Chaviz 18 year old, Woodford Reserve Double Aged RNDC Bourbon, Aberfeldy, MacCallan, Highland Park, Willett Crossroads Bourbon, Backbone Bourbon Crossroads, Bulleit Bourbon, George Dickel Single Barrel Tennessee Whisky, Johnnie Walker Double Black, Crown Royal Black Canadian Whisky. And there are more to come....!
I've got my tickets, should be a great time, Madeleines is the very best restaurant around so food will be fantastic.
Old 03-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Formula 3
Not Subscribed

Full Name: John T
Last batch of cigars I received was a birthday gift from my dad. He bought me 10 liga privada from drew estate. I wish I knew they were limited edition, I wouldn't have smoked them all!

I only have one left and having trouble hu ning more Dow
Old 03-05-2012, 09:41 AM
Karting
Not Subscribed

For all you fellow cigar lovers, some wise words from the late Grouch Marx: A woman is an occasional pleasure but a cigar is always a smoke.
Old 03-06-2012, 04:51 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Chris
I'm much better at cigar smoking than golfing.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1331074308.666337.jpg (68.1 KB, 215 views)
Old 03-07-2012, 03:19 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4REphotographer View Post
I'm much better at cigar smoking than golfing.
Yeah me too, but I enjoy both anyway!!
Old 03-08-2012, 09:26 AM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

How many people here do the Cigar.com Cigar of the Month Club?
For $29.95 for 5 a month + 3 free Cohiba at sign up it seems like a fair deal. Do they provide a good variety each month?
Old 03-11-2012, 10:40 PM
F1 Rookie
Silver Subscribed

Picked up a box of the Camacho Connecticut and a couple Curivari Reservada Limitada with the white band.

The Curivari is a really nice smoke.
Non-Sponsor Ads