Cigar Guys - Any Here? | FerrariChat

Cigar Guys - Any Here?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by FerrariSlave, Dec 15, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Just checking to see if we have any Cigar guys here at good ol F-chat. Anyway, I had a nice Ashton Churchill today as well as a nice Monte Cristo white robusto. Both were great, very smooth, creamy, and nutty. The Ashton was a tad more spicy then the White, but it was still great. I did smoke them one after another so my palette was probably not the cleanest. I should probably refrain from doing that - is there any sort of rule in cigar smoking that recommends you do not smoke cigars back to back?

tfos750 likes this.
  2. tatcat

tatcat F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Sep 3, 2001
    panama city beach FL
    Full Name:
    rick c
    if you have ever gone to one of the smoke outs in ny or vegas you'll be smoking 'em back to back, front to back and two at a time. there's no limit on fun. smoke 'em if ya got 'em.

3. jimbo14

jimbo14 Karting

Nov 15, 2005
    Melbourne, Australia
    Full Name:
    James
    Rules Smules, do what you feel. However yes im guessing that they recommend you rince you mouth with water or something in between cigars.

Personally Cohiba's are by far my favorites! I love them. A little to expencive for me but I just can't help myself, they are so nice. They are a very nice cigar to have with a scotch

4. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    Last night I smoked a Partagas Series D No. 4 followed by a Partagas Series D No. 4.

I've had a Partagas, followed by a RJ Vintage, followed by a Lone Wolf Lobo Rojo.

mmmm, I want another one...

5. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Search would work for you.

Oh and having a nice La Gloria Cubana as I type!

6. Ah nice, glad we have cigar guys here. Most other forums I have tried posting on have had very few cigar smokers if any. Sorry about not searching before. I usually don't care for reviving old threads as some people have issues with that.

Anyway, good to know that back to back smoking is "ok". I really enjoyed the Monte Cristo. I can't stop rambling about how smooth and creamy it was; definitely one of the better mild cigars out there.

7. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Noah has good taste in cigars.

My personal favorite - a fat diamond crown. Never experienced such *consistent* quality as I have with them, without going to a hugely expensive cigar. Smooth, consistent, a quality smoke.

8. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    thank you

I'm getting a box of RJ Vintage and a box of Padron 2000 tomorrow. I'm also getting a box of Ramon Allones Special Select and a box of Bolivar Belicoso Fino grand corona. Christmas is coming early!

9. gblogger

gblogger Formula 3

May 2, 2004
    N.E. Florida
    Full Name:
    Gee Blogger
    Bolivar Cofradia 754
    Hoyo de Monterrey Sultan Maduro Maduro (AKA MM or Double Maduro)
    CAO Italia
    CAO Brazilia

EDIT: I don't like to mix cigars.

10. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    I just finished my box of Partagas Series D No.4. I have no idea what I'm gonna do for a couple of days!! I will have to make due with the RJs and the Padrons.

11. I had a CAO Brazilia - it was actually pretty good. Very different, nothing like what I would have expected. It was very nutty, but also had a creamy side to it at first. I'd definetly would like to try one again.

12. ^@#&

^@#& F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Feb 27, 2005
    you like creamy cigars? Have your tried a Romeo & Julieta Vintage? You would love it!

13. Ferrari0324

Ferrari0324 F1 Rookie

Mar 20, 2004
    Full Name:
    Brandon
    Had a Partagas Series D No. 4 tonight. Thanks to Noah. Was very good. But i'm still learning how to really enjoy a cigar and notice the different tastes.

14. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I've been smoking 3-5 Cubans a day lately.....

Stop me!

koisokok likes this.
  15. DrStranglove

DrStranglove FChat Assassin
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Google Maps
    Full Name:
    DrS
    Only if you send me one!

16. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    I'm out of control!

17. Teenferrarifan

Teenferrarifan F1 Rookie

Feb 21, 2003
    Media, PA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Noah so what are you getting me for the holidays? :)
    erik

18. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    Then stop drag racing them Dave! Sheesh. Vintage chevy's can't keep up with 550s :D

19. luv2detail

luv2detail Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 30, 2006
    North Carolina & SoCal
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Wasn't that a Swisher Sweets I saw you smoking yesterday?:D

20. Air_Cooled_Nut

Air_Cooled_Nut Formula Junior

Nov 25, 2004
    Portland, Oregon
    Full Name:
    Toby Erkson
    I like the thick smoke of a Punch, always a favorite for me. Onyx are good as well if you like 'em maduro. I normally don't smoke one after the other but there's nothing wrong with that. After a few draws on the new cigar I don't think the previous one will affect the palate ;)

Irish whisky, scotch or port wine are my favorites to go with a cigar. A strong coffee sometimes in the morning if I'm outside smoking w/da boss -- glad I introduced him to cigars...now he's hooked! :D

As it was said above, smoke 'em if ya got 'em!

21. darth550

Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    Uhhhhhhhhh, no! ;)

22. DMOORE

DMOORE Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Darrell
    A buddy of mine brought a whole box of Partagas (Cubano) coronas senior,from overseas for me. Now that's a friend. I savor every one>

Darrell.

23. I have not. I will put that on my to buy list next time I go to the cigar store (cigars and more in libertyville, Illinois).

24. djui5

djui5 F1 Veteran

Aug 9, 2006
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Ashton VSG. Getting hard to find though.

25. The Ashton VSG is a very full bodied Cigar. I am a novice smoker so I do not yet really enjoy very strong cigars. I typically lean more towards the more mild and medium bodied smokes. I have also been meaning to ask; are full bodied cigars usally smoked after a proper dinner and/or with spirits?