Go Back   FerrariChat.com > The Ferrari Lifestyle > Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-09-2017, 11:57 AM
Formula 3
Rossa Subscribed

Full Name: Rob
My Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Streetsurfer View Post
I had an H2O smoker going all day. Made lambchops in the morning, while doing a quart of smoked mixed nuts. Almonds, Walnuts. Pepitas, Sunflower seeds with Maple syrup, Cinnamon, Salt, Stevia, Coconut shreds.
For lunch I made smoked salmon, and then for dinner+ smoked this Bison roast and Chicken, trying out my vacuum marinade tumbler.

Marinade for the latter was a Jagermeister and Black Cherry/Blueberry blend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCal1 View Post
OK so we lost it today at the farmers market

Clams
Squid ink pasta
Garlic chives
orange mushrooms
parsley

With a wine garlic butter sauce was amazing

We had fudge with picked lotus root for dessert forgot to take a pic of that
Quote:
Originally Posted by I.T. Guy View Post
Watermelon feta mint blueberry
Beer can chickens
Grilled corn with cayenne pepper and salt applied with lemon - so good!!
Attachment 2414307
Attachment 2414308
Attachment 2414309
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomc View Post
^ Nice. Gotta try it once I'm done with travel. Speaking of colorful, veggie stir fry. Dinner the other night.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b442fe21fa.jpg

T
Looks awesome guys ! Great 4th of July coming to an end here - and tired of cooking !! Might take a break for a few days
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-09-2017, 05:18 PM
Formula Junior
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCFerrari View Post
Looks awesome guys ! Great 4th of July coming to an end here - and tired of cooking !! Might take a break for a few days
Same here... wife is out of town and I have a fridge full of leftovers to work thru. I do have ground buffalo for burgers one night this week!
Old 07-10-2017, 07:03 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Full Name: Tom C
^That's funny. I'm heading out of town, so we're trying to empty the pantry, fridge & freezer as much as possible, leading to odd combos like last night's - salad with homemade strawberry balsamic vinaigrette, chicken soup and beef tacos.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b9aae93a7b.jpg

T
Old 07-12-2017, 01:27 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: John
Quote:
^That's funny. I'm heading out of town, so we're trying to empty the pantry, fridge & freezer as much as possible, leading to odd combos like last night's - salad with homemade strawberry balsamic vinaigrette, chicken soup and beef tacos.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b9aae93a7b.jpg

T
That is an odd combo. But sounds good at the same time.
Old 07-12-2017, 08:33 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdubbya View Post
That is an odd combo. But sounds good at the same time.
Thanks! I go on a leftover eating bender before traveling. I hate coming home to moldy, gross food, and my gramma taught me not to waste food - last night was salad, leftover brisket and a bit of peach pie!
T
Old 07-12-2017, 07:18 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Thanks! I go on a leftover eating bender before traveling. I hate coming home to moldy, gross food, and my gramma taught me not to waste food - last night was salad, leftover brisket and a bit of peach pie!
T
I know it. I bought too much chicken for the 4th. Froze some but left some in the fridge to cook up at home. Got sick last week and went to grab it yesterday but it had spoiled. Irked me that I let it happen. Hated throwing most of a whole cut-up chicken in the trash.

But I did take some of the Wagyu burger out of the freezer the other day so I salved my guilty conscience by making some killer burgers last night. Yum, this meat is amazing. Also threw together a quick sort of baked potato salad. Boiled potatoes, threw in some onion, pickles, and bacon but used about half sour cream instead of just mayo. Tasty!
Old 07-13-2017, 09:07 PM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Quote:
I know it. I bought too much chicken for the 4th. Froze some but left some in the fridge to cook up at home. Got sick last week and went to grab it yesterday but it had spoiled. Irked me that I let it happen. Hated throwing most of a whole cut-up chicken in the trash.

But I did take some of the Wagyu burger out of the freezer the other day so I salved my guilty conscience by making some killer burgers last night. Yum, this meat is amazing. Also threw together a quick sort of baked potato salad. Boiled potatoes, threw in some onion, pickles, and bacon but used about half sour cream instead of just mayo. Tasty!

Eek! Spoilt chicken coulda been bad news.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...f7bb436170.jpg
Kroger had a sale on beef shoulder steak. Looked like the cut of beef my mom used to make London broil when we were kids. We were living high when mom made London broil!

Choice. $3.99/lb. I can be cheap and I like a challenge. So, fire up the Cali, it's time to hit the Kroger! Being a less glamorous cut of beef, I asked the butcher to slice it thin, about 1/2". Poor dude, he gave me this "Why are you busting my chops (get it, chops! )
for a 4 buck steak?" look.

Anyway, this recipe provided inspiration.
https://youtu.be/Vxk5vNoCzg8

I marinated the steak for 4 hours in balsamic, garlic powder, salt, pepper, canola oil.

Sear 1 min per side. Add 'shrooms & diced shallot. Knob of butter. Splash of white wine. Into a 365 F oven for 12 min.

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...b956224a7c.jpg

Thought it came out tasty. I'd pre-sweat shallots and mushrooms a bit next time. But, not bad. Splash some A1 steak sauce on there and it'd been a dead ringer for mom's London broil.

T
Old 07-13-2017, 09:13 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

^^ Looks great to me Tom.

I'm eating a leftover burger tonight.
Non-Sponsor Ads
Old 07-14-2017, 07:57 PM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Threw together another batch of egg-roll-in-a-bowl last night. So quick and easy and tasty. Having leftovers tonight.
Old 07-15-2017, 07:32 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

Quote:
Threw together another batch of egg-roll-in-a-bowl last night. So quick and easy and tasty. Having leftovers tonight.

I think that'd be a great name for a food cart - Egg Roll in a Bowl!

T
Old 07-15-2017, 11:15 AM
F1 Veteran
Not Subscribed

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/201...e69a0aca29.jpg
Leftover chicken burritos! Sweat some onions and peppers. Add chipotles. A little sour cream, and the fridge is a little emptier...T
Old 07-15-2017, 11:55 PM
F1 Veteran
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Karen H.
Spaghetti alla Maranello

This doesn't photograph well, but the flavor is sublime... I was introduced to this by an Italian friend who ordered it in a little trattoria in Maranello (not one of the 'name' places); I think it is a local specialty. Basically prawns and zucchini poached in a stock made from prawn shells and heads, then finished with a little cream. It looks a bit gross because the zucchini soaks up all the stock flavor, but then they become little flavor bombs when you eat them. Yum! If anyone wants to try it, just
1. Make stock by frying garlic, salt, peppercorns in butter before adding the prawn shells and heads and making sure all gets well coated in butter. Cover with white wine and add bay leaf, then cover and simmer gently for an hour or so until a rich stock has developed (maybe add a little water along the way if you have too much evaporation; squash the heads and shells very now and then to get the flavor out.
2. When the stock is ready, pour through a fine sieve into a small saucepan, turn up to boiling and add zucchini which has been sliced into thick (10mm) circles with the skin on, plus the prawns. Poach the prawns quickly (I cut good size prawns in half) and remove as soon as they're cooked. Continue reducing the stock with the zucchini until a concentrated stock remains.
3. Add cream to make a sauce consitency, turn off the heat, replace prawns and then add cooked pasta and you're ready to eat.
Quantities for 1 person - around 250g prawns, 2-3 good size zucchini.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (79.9 KB, 53 views)
Old 07-16-2017, 07:43 PM
Formula 3
Silver Subscribed

Full Name: Andrew
Sous Vide chop this evening:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6749.jpg (97.7 KB, 33 views)
Old 07-17-2017, 12:44 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerrari View Post
This doesn't photograph well, but the flavor is sublime... I was introduced to this by an Italian friend who ordered it in a little trattoria in Maranello (not one of the 'name' places); I think it is a local specialty. Basically prawns and zucchini poached in a stock made from prawn shells and heads, then finished with a little cream. It looks a bit gross because the zucchini soaks up all the stock flavor, but then they become little flavor bombs when you eat them. Yum! If anyone wants to try it, just
1. Make stock by frying garlic, salt, peppercorns in butter before adding the prawn shells and heads and making sure all gets well coated in butter. Cover with white wine and add bay leaf, then cover and simmer gently for an hour or so until a rich stock has developed (maybe add a little water along the way if you have too much evaporation; squash the heads and shells very now and then to get the flavor out.
2. When the stock is ready, pour through a fine sieve into a small saucepan, turn up to boiling and add zucchini which has been sliced into thick (10mm) circles with the skin on, plus the prawns. Poach the prawns quickly (I cut good size prawns in half) and remove as soon as they're cooked. Continue reducing the stock with the zucchini until a concentrated stock remains.
3. Add cream to make a sauce consitency, turn off the heat, replace prawns and then add cooked pasta and you're ready to eat.
Quantities for 1 person - around 250g prawns, 2-3 good size zucchini.
Doesn't look gross at all, looks tasty and sounds good!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveLiterEater96 View Post
Sous Vide chop this evening:
Almost looks too good to eat!!.....Almost!

Grilled Italian sausage and burgers at Dad's today.
Old 07-17-2017, 12:45 AM
F1 World Champ
Silver Subscribed

Quote:
I think that'd be a great name for a food cart - Egg Roll in a Bowl!

T
Well it's definitely a tasty dish anyway!!