Flavored Moonshine | FerrariChat

Flavored Moonshine

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Mig7410, Jan 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mig7410

Mig7410 Karting

Feb 16, 2013
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Mike Martin
    Anybody like this stuff? Thinking about investing in a start up.

2. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Love it but there's lots out there now.

3. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    Ive never actually had it and Im in the business lol.

I think there is def still a market for it with the right name and backing....

Ive met these guys and theyre doing well.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Backwoods-Moonshine/261659273950785?id=261659273950785&sk=info

Heres a thread on my path in the business....

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/silver-subscribed-private-forum/397025-never-get-thirsty-our-office-lol.html

Feel free to ask any ?s you may have.....

4. Mig7410

Mig7410 Karting

Feb 16, 2013
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Mike Martin
    wow, thanks for the links.

5. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I enjoyed the peppermint flavored moonshine that I recieved as a gift for Christmas...don't know if that helps :)

6. ebobh15

ebobh15 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 18, 2012
    I was an adult before I knew that Schnapps came in flavors other than peppermint. Given my bad holiday experiences with it in my teen years, I'm sure that knowledge is in my suppressed memory...

7. rdefabri

rdefabri Three Time F1 World Champ

Jun 4, 2008
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Rich
    I wanted to do this about 5 years ago - missed the window.

8. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    Currently living in the rural Appalachians, I'd say the moonshine fad is exactly that - a FAD. If it isn't produced on the sly in hidden stills, with the risk of REAL prison time, it just isn't really "moonshine." Once "Moonshiners" or "Tickle" or whatever shows are fashionable right now die off, the market for mass produced legal "moonshine" will likely vanish. The REAL stuff, produced in the woods and hills and mountains will always have its place, but by definition, will never be mass produced or "marketed."

9. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    I wouldnt say that. Plenty of room in this business for those who want in. People like alcohol......Give a good story, name, and something drinkable and it will sell....

10. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
    Last October I went to the Moonshine Festival in Dawsonville, GA. KARE For Kids Mountain Moonshine Festival ~ Dawsonville, Georgia Just happened to be nearby and saw something online about the fest so we drove over to check it out. While there were no samples, there was an amazing array of old moonshiner's cars (mostly 30's Ford V8's) along with a huge assortment of original NASCAR racers from the 50's-80's There were a few examples of stills also, obviously old stuff brought out of the woods at some point. It was mostly just a street fair

There was one liquor store in town that had probably every legal kind of moonshine for sale. There was a lot more than I knew about. Brands and flavors I had never heard of. I was surprised since our local Total Wine has a huge assortment of shine. If you do a bit of homework you can probably find out about all the different brands/flavors out there. That tells me that distribution must be difficult (ironic isn't it?) for the legal moonshine. I wonder if the distribution difficulties are linked to supply/demand or some other factor. Given what my local Total Wine carries I would guess that the demand is meager compared to other spirits, but what do I know, I'm just a printing salesman.

By the way I agree with David_S, if it's legal it ain't real shine. My favorite is good ol' Appalachian apple pie. Can't tell you where I get it but it's good stuff. A little dab will do ya....

11. etmracing

etmracing Karting

Oct 17, 2010
    Thurmont MD
    Full Name:
    Marc Stephens
    I picked up some kind of applepie flavored moonshine at the liquor store recently. Not really bad nice for sipping chilled. Yes I know its fake moonshine bought it more as a goof.

12. Derek at FoD

Derek at FoD Formula 3
    BANNED

Jun 10, 2004
    Denver
    Full Name:
    Derek Fennig
    I hear ya but the moonshine I was gifted was much, much better than Schnapps. I was told by the gifter that she threw a few candy canes in a blender and then dumped the contents in the moonshine. The flavor was actually pretty subtle.

13. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    #13 darth550, Jan 10, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Got this as a gift and it's D-A-N-G-E-R-O-U-S! :D :D

Starts off as, "WOW! This tastes just like apple pie", then all of a sudden, WHAM!! :D
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

14. HardTen

HardTen Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 7, 2011
    Ft. Worth, TX
    I have had the Ol' Smokey and the Backwoods brands, but I prefer the Midnight Moon. Supposedly Midnight Moon is made from the family recipe used by Junior Johnson's family when they were running moonshine all over the south before he became a NASCAR driver.