Cognac - How much you think they are worth? | FerrariChat

Cognac - How much you think they are worth?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by ApeGen, May 7, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    #1 ApeGen, May 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Hi all,

I have a small collection of Cognac from my late grandfather that my family would like to get rid of, as none of us appreciate them. We would like to sell it as a whole to a dealer or collector, but we do not know what we should ask for.

It would be great if some of the experts here can give me a ballpark figure. They are in fair condition. Thanks in advance!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    if you want good money for it - contact Sothebys and have them value it. I'm not an expert but I think you have close to 6 figures of congac there.

3. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    We are looking into that too, but the progress has been slow. So I thought maybe I can try and get a rough idea here first. It would be a good surprise if they are close to 6 figures, thanks anyway!

The are all new in box btw. Just that condition is a bit inconsistent since my grandfather did not store them in a temperature/humid control cellar.

4. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    Kevin. Wine-Searcher. Find and Price Wines. may be a resource for price points...although sample size on some these might be unreliable. The bottles themselves, as you probably know, have collector value. I think you are right to try to sell as a lot, given the known provenance.

5. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Thanks Keith, will look that up!