Where can I find Frozen Mulberries? | FerrariChat

Where can I find Frozen Mulberries?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Tim1137, Aug 11, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    As a child I remember picking Mulberries off my fathers tree, and we would make ice cream with them. It is probably the best tasting ice cream I've ever had, and I'd like to re-live that again. I don't have room in my yard for yet another tree, so purchasing these berries as needed is my only solution.

Does anyone have any leads on frozen berry sellers? I've searched and came up empty handed in the USA, with only companies in other countries selling these frozen, and won't ship to the USA.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Hey Tim…Never eaten a mulberry, at least that I can recall. What more common berry do they taste like?

Maybe call up ag extension of a nearby state U, and see if they can suggest a grower nearby that would supply you with some for freezing? Many people don't realize that Cornell, is a land grant college. They have a first rate program in the ag areas, food science, etc.

Cornell Fruit Resources, Cornell University

Let us know how it turns out…T

3. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Very similar to blackberries. We lived in Missouri for several years when I was a kid, and we had a mess of mullberry trees behind the house. I ate so many mullberries during those childhood summers that I hope to never eat another as long as I live.

4. sct4a

sct4a F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 1, 2008
    I haven't seen iqf mulberries anywhere in country and none of the main superfood or specialty food providers have ever had them. Your best bet is either get fresh and freeze them yourself or get dried. Fresh is only available for a really short time each summer but you can try the company below. They are a solid company in CA and can possibly ship you fresh if still available and you can freeze yourself, not the same quality as iqf but its something.

Mulberries Information, Recipes and Facts

5. Face76

Face76 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 21, 2006
    The Other Oz
    Full Name:
    M Wilborn
    We have several large trees on the farm. Problem is that the birds get to them pretty quick.

6. 2NA

2NA F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner Professional Ferrari Technician

Dec 29, 2006
    Twin Cities
    Full Name:
    Tim Keseluk
    Plenty of mulberries (second hand) all over any car parked here for more than an hour or two. They are a huge nuisance as the trees grow quickly and the birds eat the berries voraciously. I try to eradicate them when I find them but I can't keep up.

7. Tim1137

Tim1137 Formula Junior

Aug 16, 2011
    Providence - Boston
    Full Name:
    Tim
    Thanks for the help guys - still no luck on my fresh Mulberry search unfortunately. I've purchased some dried in an attempt to re-hydrate but I don't have my hopes up.

Looks like I'll end up having to buy a tree and be patient. :)