Bulk wine source? | FerrariChat

Bulk wine source?

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Gran Drewismo, Sep 21, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I'm not sure how to properly phrase the question, but I am looking for the something like the following:

1.) A winery that would sell bulk wine for the purpose of bottling/reselling

2.) A winery that will produce, bottle, and possibly label wine under a custom label.

A quick Google produces results but wasn't sure if anyone here knew of specific ones or could recommend one that will do the above.

2. SAFE4NOW

SAFE4NOW F1 Veteran
    Sponsor Owner

Aug 25, 2004
    Dallas Texas
    Full Name:
    If you know you know
    If you will PM me your contact information, I will put you in contact with someone who can help you!

S

3. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I make my own wine with the help of a company called dog patch - and if you care at all about what the wine will taste like you should go this route or a similar one - otherwise 2 buck chuck with a private label might have am unintended response with the folks you give it to- I made 100 cases last year and it is drinking awesome - we made a Chardonnay , zin. Syrah, and a 100% cab- lots of fun and you learn a lot in the process - plus you will likely have some great wine to share that holds up to any of the better brands-

https://dogpatchwineworks.com/pages/make-wine

4. Gran Drewismo

Gran Drewismo F1 Rookie

Jan 24, 2005
    Idaho
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Bingo. Something like this is what I'm looking for. Thanks for the tip!

I definitely DO care about the quality which is of concern. Although I am not above drinking the Two Buck Chuck...even though that bastard is now charging three bucks.

One thing I'm curious on: did you go out there or did you just have them take care of it all and then shipped to you?

5. SCFerrari

SCFerrari F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 30, 2013
    South Carolina
    Full Name:
    Rob
    We went there several times to do barrel tastings and blending sessions - you can participate as much or little as you want - from crush to fermentation to bottling - kind of like the time share version of being a wine maker - and working with the wine maker, you will get big league wine for a fraction of the cost - we have blind tasted against some great wines with acceptable results ��

6. dstacy

dstacy F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jan 23, 2006
    GMT -5 & GMT +1
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Well I'm petty late in responding to this, sorry. The answer is, "yes", finding a bulk wine supplier is easy. Every day I get emails from brokers with quantities as low as 100 cases to 50,000 gallons. You can pick up bulk for as low as $1.50 a bottle and as high as $200 a gallon.
    The problem with what you originally asked is you will have to have a federal and a state winery permit if you're planning on selling this wine. You can give it away without trouble; but selling it is a big no-no. Having a custom label isn't a big deal. If you are not permitted the winery selling you your "shiners" as they are called will have to apply for a certificate of label exemption for you. If you are permitted you obviously know you can do that yourself.
    Let me know if you need the contact info for some brokers.