The Ferrari of ranges/stoves | FerrariChat

The Ferrari of ranges/stoves

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by Nader, Nov 9, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    #1 Nader, Nov 9, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just did the kitchen, and this is the centerpiece. A Bertazzoni 48" Professional. 6 burners and an electric griddle, two electric ovens. Wife got this, I got the 348. Seems fair. Actually not. This is the 458 of kitchen appliances. When the installer saw this delivered (he'd never seen one), he said "Man, this is the Ferrari of ranges!" And that was before I got mine.

Like the Ferrari, it's Italian, exotic, beautiful, high-performance, and has a distinct exhaust note. Yes, exhaust noise; it has a loud cooling fan for the ovens, in addition to what's used for convection. And it costs as much as a major engine-out service at the dealership :).
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Fabulous!! Need to see pics of it in action! I looked at one of those when we were doing our renovation. In the end, I settled for a GE Profile (love it thus far) and a Ferrari California. Hope you have many great meals from it.
    T

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    But, but, but....it's not red! ;) Looks like an amazing piece of gear!! Enjoy using it!!

4. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    #4 Nader, Nov 12, 2016
    Thanks!

Before setting out to cook a big fancy meal on it, we thought we should get a sense of burners' heat (we're accustomed to electric) by cooking something simple. My wife would be horrified if she knew I was showing this to the world, but I don't care, it's one of my unrefined palette's favorites: Chili-mac!

It's just a 5 ingredient chili, but she uses fresh Anaheim peppers and very good Hempler's chorizo. And the pasta is fresh-made from scratch, using a Kitchenaid extruding attachment.

This isn't pretty, and it's not very healthy, but it's soooo gooood.

5. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Nice. Hempler's is amazing isn't it? Love their stuff. And that looks tasty. I almost made the same thing today. Bought a small chuck roast the other day and was torn between chili or pot roast. Pot roast won out though.

6. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    No apologies needed for great comfort food. So, how did the new stove perform?
    T

7. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    #7 Nader, Nov 12, 2016
    Well Tom, like they say, now we're cooking with gas. This double burner feature is nice to get things to a boil fast. I'm still not sure how I feel about the oven cooler fan noise. It's really reminiscent of the 348's radiator fans when they switch on. I tell myself that's a good thing.

8. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    #8 Nader, Nov 12, 2016
    Oh, and here's the "quick reference guide" to the ovens' multiple, multiple settings. I've taped it up on the cabinet over the range until we learn it. Dizzying. There's a back page to this sheet for the second oven, too. Half the features for that one.

9. FiveLiterEater96

FiveLiterEater96 Formula 3

Nov 5, 2005
    Illinois
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Looks great! Cant wait to see more action shots!

Love the backsplash as well!

10. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    #10 Nader, Nov 14, 2016
    Thanks, Andrew! Tile were handmade in California. We were lucky our tile guy could work with the inconsistencies. Our designers thought we were crazy to choose black grout, but we felt like it made the tiles pop, tied in to the black soapstone countertops, and the grout wouldn't show grease stains with real use.

Wife grew more bold, and made a big pot of beef and green bean rice. Yellow from turmeric. It's a Persian comfort food. Side of smoked eggplant and yogurt dip. Keep in mind, my wife is American. Maybe I should start another thread of foods she cooks...

11. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^ Delicious. It's been a long while since I had beef and green been rice.

We thought about black grout, but let ourselves be talked out of it.

There's an active "What did you have for dinner" thread to post your fantastic new creations on!

T