Potato chips | FerrariChat

Potato chips

Discussion in 'Drink, Smoke, and Fine Dining' started by It's Ross, Apr 7, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. It's Ross

It's Ross Formula 3

Jul 30, 2007
    Barrington, Ill. USA
    Full Name:
    Ross
    Ruffles "All Dressed", oh boy, my guilty pleasure.
    Supposedly #1 in Canada. I usually don't eat chips but the odd name caught my attention and now I cannot stop eating them.
    A bit hard to find here so I'm buying several bags at a crack, not good.
    They remind me of vinegary Mississippi BBQ.
    I hope others will like them too as I suspect they aren't selling well and will be discontinued. Try 'em, for me.

2. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Never seen that flavor. Then again, I don't each tater chips. Sounds interesting. But, you're supporting a Dallas company (Frito Lay), thanks for that!
    T

3. Jdubbya

Jdubbya The $10 Trillion Man
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Someone at work was raving about them the other day. I'll take the cheddar and sour cream any day. Not bad but I don't get the hoopla over the "all dressed" ones. Tasted like a very mild ketchupy BBQ sauce to me.

I did try Tapatio flavored Doritos the other day. Nice little kick and close the real deal flavor of Tapatio hot sauce.

4. Streetsurfer

Streetsurfer Formula Junior

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Seems I saw something in the news last year about them coming out with several new variety of chip flavors in temporary runs. Baked potatoes, lasagna or pizza, and such. Or maybe I dreamt it? Big chip fans here.

5. GatorFL

GatorFL Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Nov 18, 2005
    Wellington, FL
    Full Name:
    Duane
  6. Cigarzman

Cigarzman F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

check out Zaps. I'm unable to post the link from my ipad

7. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

+1 These Nawlins classics go great with a po boy! Especially the jalapeno ones.
    T

8. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Jdubbya... Since I know you like it spicy, you may want to give this salsa a try. It's not bad for a national brand. Had a free coupon for one a couple weeks back at Kroger, which made it even tastier!

[​IMG]

T

9. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    Oooh. I love me some potato chips. Gotta look into this fully dressed flavor you speak of. I also need to look into how I can make my own with my deep fryer.

Side note; the guy from Oregon who started Kettle Chips back in the mid-'70's, made a fortune when sold out in the '90's for hundreds of millions of $$s. He races some very nice, important vintage race cars with our club SOVREN here in the PNW. Living the dream because of quality potato chips. How good is that?

10. kdf398

kdf398 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Pasadena
    Full Name:
    Keith
    The potato chip aisle in the supermarket has grown by leaps and bounds over the years. Offering not just every flavor imaginable but also turning anything and everything into a "chip." Besides potato and corn there are now e.g., quinoa chips, veggie chips, soy chips, carrot chips, pea chips, flax chips etc.

I am not complaining cause I love 'em all. And I envision a day when all of a person's daily meals and nutrient intake can be accomplished by eating some assortment of chips!

11. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Don't forget Terra chips-I think they have in them Taro chips, sweet potato chips, turnip chips, parsnip chips.

David_S likes this.
  12. Nader

Nader Formula Junior

Feb 12, 2011
    East of Seattle
    Ha! You sound like Bubba the shrimp guy from Forest Gump.

wax likes this.
  13. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Hmm? I usually try to stick to either more of the fresh type salsa (usually in the refrigerated section somewhere), or a couple local brands. Free is always tastier though. :)

Used to be the joke at work back when we used to throw keggers at the drop of a hat..."What's the best kind of beer? FREE beer!!!".

14. Jdubbya

Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    John
    Oh, and in my neck of the woods these have been a fairly local fave for a lot of years...Tim's Cascade Snacks - Made In The Great Pacific Northwest - Since 1986

The jalapeno ones used to be really popular but now I think I like the Hawaiian Luau ones. They have a little sweetness and a little heat. No idea how they got that from a Luau but they are tasty.

15. Alpintourer

Alpintourer F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 20, 2013
    The Low Country
    Full Name:
    Dave Steven
  16. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    Really over the top headline on that article.

17. tomc

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C

Exactly. Until I read the article, I feared they were being recalled for not being spicy enough.
    T

18. Streetsurfer

Dec 16, 2015
    near Chicago
    Full Name:
    Ron
    Strange too, since capsicum oleoresin has quite powerful antibacterial qualities in itself (-large part of why I ate fresh jalapenos for much of my life).

I'm going with they really just weren't hot enough.......lol.

19. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Zapp's Potato Chips

I now have the discipline to eat just one.

Bag.

At a time.

20. Mondog1

Mondog1 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 27, 2006
    Philly burbs
    Full Name:
    Robert
    Steelton Keith likes this.
  21. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Ruffles All Dressed is my favorite. Fortunate in Canada, pretty much every gas station has them. I like ja lap a no chips...... Dang gas station always say hal a peno.................................

22. Steelton Keith

Steelton Keith F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 19, 2009
    Raleigh NC
    Full Name:
    Keith Hall
    As Mondog1 above wrote...if you like potato chips, you better plan a trip to Pennsylvania Dutch Country. "Get to know vhat gut iss"

23. PureEuroM3

PureEuroM3 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 31, 2006
    Toronto, Ontario, Canada
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Hahaha!!! I brought my friend two BIG bag of Ketchup Chips last time because it is very difficult to get them in the USA. All Dressed is also tougher to come by on that side of the border. I enjoy both of the above.

24. max930

max930 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 16, 2017
    vancouver
    Chips are actually a weakness of mine. I'm on a diet, so craving them more and more now.

25. David_S

David_S F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Mountains of WNC...
    Full Name:
    David S.
    I'm one of the few that has really never liked potato chips.

Love tortilla/corn chips, quite like most any other vegetable chip, but just don't like chips made from potatoes.

Of course, if you pile on a big wad of good onion dip? I can stomach a potato chip. :)