The Massa Sucks Thread *OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS* | FerrariChat

The Massa Sucks Thread *OF COURSE THERE ARE SPOILERS*

Discussion in 'F1' started by Senna1994, Mar 26, 2008.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    Since I am one of the guilty ones on here regarding Felipe Massa, I thought I would start a new thread. Instead of all the battles on the normal F1 thread, I thought we can all exprss our opinions here. I personally think Massa is an over paid little turd who can't drive worth a rats ass. He should be replaced as soon as possible. My wife is Brasilian and she thinks he blows as Schumachers *****. In addition, I want to add the fact that there are certain people on this thread who rate Massa, no problem there. But there are also people that have mental probems that support him, for instance "355" who is insult to the car and should take his rear wing <parts deleted> Phylotic <parts deleted> only writes post that only make senses to himself.

2. Etcetera

Etcetera Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 7, 2003
    Full Name:
    C9H8O4
    I'm no. supporter of Massa.

But there's. one thing. He can drive. and drive pretty well. It's just that. he's given to possessing. Coulthardian levels of brain. fade.

I hope. that this post. made some senses.

3. 1_can_dream

1_can_dream F1 Veteran

Jan 7, 2006
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Kyle
    So does this mean that every other thread in the section will stop degrading into Massa sucks threads? If so then I certainly support it.

4. p.roma

p.roma Karting

Mar 29, 2006
    Shazam! A superawesometomcruisebluejeeeeans thread if you ask me. Now we can use the rest of the board for what it was meant for - at least until the next race.

5. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Great idea. This is not Massachat, so keep all your stuff in one thread.

But after reading the first post, I think that maybe one moderator should soften it a little...

6. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    All you guys just tear this “kid” apart. He has done an excellent job the last few years with how many wins the last 3 years for Ferrari? It’s his first year in a F1 car without traction control and he losses it in 1 corner, and has some bad luck in the 1st race. Let’s give the guy a break until at least mid season, I think Massa is a great driver and when it’s wet with no traction control will be the real test. Perhaps he will fail spectacularly this season, I hope not for him and for Ferrari. However I think people are jumping all over him prematurely, I am just glad Alonso is back in mid pack.

Also for people who say he can’t drive there is no doubt he is one of the best drivers in the world. I love guys who sit on the couch drinking beer insulting world class athletes saying “they suck” “they should have gone for it” “I could drive the F 2008 with no traction control better then HIM”. Give me a break, Massa sucks! He has been driving for Ferrari for years. Go back with your 360 or 308 or what ever to your local track day and talk about how much Massa sucks while you get nauseas after a few laps ……… give me a break.

This is more of a rant towards the other thread.

Andrew

7. Lindsay_Ross

Lindsay_Ross Formula Junior

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    This is in response to the Massupporters who are claiming the car was the problem, also that he is WDC material, also that us detractors are mis-informed and do not know anything at all...

Perhaps Peter Sauber knows a thing or 2 about his former driver?

8. rizzo308

rizzo308 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 12, 2004
    Perth, Australia
    Full Name:
    riggio
    there's no question he can drive......but he come's up with these dumb assss move's which takes him out of the race... makes dumb mistakes that a rookies are prone to not someone with his standing... he has to get to the front at any cost and takes dumb assss risks .... i think this will be his last season in a red car

9. gsjohnson

gsjohnson Formula 3

Feb 25, 2008
    Woodland Hills, CA
    Full Name:
    GS Johnson
    Again? Yawn...

10. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Lindsay,

Your post is disturbing... many many times the "well what do YOU know, you are a mere nothing in the heirarchy of F1 so you know nothing and obviously the guys who pay Massa know more, therefore he IS good".

but Peter Sauber worked with him longer than anyone else who has commented so far. And he says he loses concentration and screws up if things aren't going his way?

Hmmm....thats a major blow to the "I'll believe the F1 insiders before I believe you Massa hating dullards on f-chat" :)

11. dinogt4guy

dinogt4guy F1 Rookie

Oct 31, 2004
    Hewitt, Tx.
    Full Name:
    Kurtis Fordice
    When I was racing motocross, the rule was if you don't crash once in a while you were not trying hard enough. It can happen to anyone in this game. True it is dissapointing though. I don't Ferrari would hire a bad driver in the first place let alone keep him around for any length of time.

Cheers!

12. Lindsay_Ross

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    Exactly. But remember: I'm not in the F1 Paddock, so i must not know what I'm talking about....

Thankfully Peter said something to the effect that EVERY SANE PERSON can see.

I feel the same as when I found that article (on Autosport, none-the-less) portraying the different control levels of the drivers since the TC ban. If they won't listen to us, maybe they'll listen to the experts saying the same things as us.

13. SRT Mike

SRT Mike Two Time F1 World Champ

Oct 31, 2003
    Taxachusetts
    Full Name:
    Raymond Luxury Yacht
    Listen, it's simple... the Racing and Tracking illuminati have spoken... if you don't rate Massa, then you obviously need psychological help and should find another site to post on because you are not a "true" tifosi.

...where was it that I heard that? :)

And Ron, I have to take a shot at you too my friend :) Part of your argument in Massas favor was that Todt and co knew much more than any of us pissants on F-chat and you'd take his word over a bunch of **** (dumb f_cks I think was the operative word used)... so since Sauber worked with him for a long time - longer than Todt, Domenicali and Luca di Mozzarelle, wouldn't he be more authorotative on Massas skill level?

I tend to agree 100% with Peter Sauber. Massa can do well over a lap, but when the going gets tough, he stops going.

IMO Ferrari would be best served by a quick driver who is consistent. Button would be great, as would Vettel, Rosberg, etc. Failing that, they would be better served with someone who is very consistent (if not super fast) vs. someone who can be quick but only a fraction of the time and the rest of the time they screw the pooch.

14. ApeGen

ApeGen Formula 3
    Owner

Jun 3, 2004
    Hong Kong
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    [ Massa's former boss Peter Sauber, though, was not surprised when he observed the driver's error from the BMW-Sauber garage in Malaysia.

"If things are not running well for him, Felipe loses concentration quickly," the Swiss said. ]

Finally a REAL INSIDER telling the story rather than those who claims to be and calls everyone else dumbf**ks :)

15. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    I love this latest tack taken by the Massa apologists: "let's give him more time".

I hate to break teh news to you: This is Massa's 6th season in F1. How much more time should he be given? If he hasn't figured the sport out by now, he never will. He made errors in the first two races that even the rookies didn't.

First of all, there are guys on these boards that are national champions and race winners at the professional level, I would be careful with my generalizations if I were you.

Second of all, we are not discussing Massa relative to the population as a whole, we are discussing him relative to his peers. Justin Wilson was a failure in f1 but a race winner in CART. When folks say he sucks, they mean in in relation to his abilities in F1.

I don't need to be able to hit 3 pointers consistently to say that the worst player in the NBA is the worst player in the NBA. He may be light years better than me but he is 600th out of 600 NBA players. Last time I checked, Massa is not racing club races in PCA so you can't compare his skills to mine, but you can compare his skills relative to the drivers he comeptes against. that is the ONLY relevant comparison. The rest of your point is meaningless.

16. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Only if the Massa apologists start their own thread and stop making ridiculous excuses during the race discussions.

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    i started that thread, but i hope the mods will lock it soon. it's gettin really depressing. i think he will bounce back with a win in Bahrain.

18. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    Yes Massa made mistakes and Kimi has made as many in 2 races........But because Massa has no points then he is guilty. I have been supporting Massa for a while but if he continues to make unforced errors then Ferrari will have to cut his contract short and let him go at the end of this season. Time will tell. To continue these Massa bashing posts and threads only makes us all look like children with nothing better to do.

19. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    Joe Dirt: DANG!

i feel ya.

20. Senna3xWC

Senna3xWC F1 Rookie

Nov 30, 2006
    NYC
    Kimi admitted his errors and clearly learned from them at Malaysia...not to mention that he has 15 career wins, a WDC to his credit and a record of superior performance throughout his career.

Massa on the other hand has 6 long seasons of mediocrity to his credit.

Kimi's mistakes can be forgiven because they are seen for what they are, temporary lapses in an otherwise stellar driver's record. Massa on the other hand has had difficulty keeping his car on the track his entire career. He has a long history of mistkaes and crashes. You will excuse me if I don't equate the two drivers.

21. Lindsay_Ross

May 14, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Full Name:
    Lindsay Ross
    But, but, but...... who are you to judge? Like you could drive an F1 car better than him? Why don't you shut the F up. If Massa were SO bad then why would Schumacher like him to be on the team?

Is that a pretty close response to what you would get? I vote "yes".

22. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    If Schumacher rated him as the best F1 partner he ever had, thats good enough for me. At least he drives with some passion, just like Gilles did.

23. Scuderia980

Scuderia980 F1 Rookie

Aug 12, 2006
    Mountains--Colorado
    Full Name:
    Dave S. V
    'best' as in, no threat, easy to control, lap dog.

24. 355

355 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Jan 4, 2005
    Toronto
    Full Name:
    Frank
    OK then lets get a rope and find a tree. Hang Massa High.......Happy now?

25. ASK328

ASK328 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 23, 2005
    Full Name:
    Andrew

This is why I like Massa.... passion, but I hear yah and don't think I wasn't upset when I woke up Sunday morning @ 7:00 went to F1.com and saw that he DNF - I was pretty upset. But I am going to wait till mid season.

Andrew