2014 Fantasy F1 Racing (Spoilers!) | FerrariChat

2014 Fantasy F1 Racing (Spoilers!)

Discussion in 'F1' started by GrigioGuy, Feb 16, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Greetings

I have been Commissioner of a season-long fantasy F1 league for a couple of years; it was founded by some friends of mine a while back. Some of you here have been playing in past years. Participants have to choose 5 drivers, a chassis and an engine while staying within a tight budget, and points are determined by the accomplishments of those components.

Last year, Team Massive Implications and Team Almost Green ended up splitting the Constructor and Drivers' Championships. See http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/f1/399860-2013-fantasy-f1-racing-*spoilers*.html

If you are interested in playing, please check out the website at IFGP F1 Home Page at www.ifgpf1.com

2014 driver/chassis costs have not yet been revealed -- they will be later this month. So please ignore the 2013 costs still in the ruleset.

For more information, please contact me via PM, via email at IFGPF1 (at) gmail.com

2. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The season is almost upon us! Or to put it another way -- where did the time go?!?

This year marks 10 years of IFGP Formula 1 Fantasy Racing. I hope all of you are planning to return, and that you bring friends.

Glancing at the calendar, we're now 2 weeks from the season. That means that Launch Week for us starts the 10th. Which means I owe you all prices and driver lists.

I hope to have those up tonight. To be absolutely honest, I really don't have a good feel for pricing this season. Overall, that's a good thing. It means an interesting season. It also means I might get this all wrong -- we shall see!

Have fun!

3. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    For better or worse, here's the rules and pricing:

2014 Rules - Wiki

If anyone notices a huge mistake (as in, I left out a driver), let me know. I know some will disagree with pricing -- but then again, maybe there's a major bargain in the making.

I'll try to have the calculators up by this weekend.

Thanks for playing!

Tillman

4. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Can I sign up for an account? altwinmail @ gmail.com

5. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Yes. You have mail :)

6. NeuroBeaker

NeuroBeaker Advising Moderator

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Is there an entry fee? :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

7. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    No fee. This is just for fun.

8. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Super. :)

Did you get my mail?

All the best,
    Andrew.

9. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    The team cost calculator is posted at QuickCash

What kind of team can you build for $50M?

10. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I think I'm on to some good picks. :D

I e-mailed you my starting team, but wasn't able to register on the ifgpf1 forum because registrations are currently disabled. Will create an account as soon as it's active. :)

All the best,
    Andrew.

11. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Email will be sent for my team. Sent in my preseason pres conference on the wiki

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Last call!

This season is wide open, and it's easy to create a team. Just go to the cost calculator, play with the drivers and chassis/engine until you get to 50M or less, and email me your team name and lineup.

13. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Don't we all!..... ;)

As with all forms of Motorsport, even fantasy versions, 'hope springs eternal!'

Tillmans launch releases are always good fun, & despite my screw ups last year it really is a good league.

Enjoy coming in second behind me.....

Cheers,
    Ian

14. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
  15. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    I dunno, that Muppet Motorsports team looks pretty fearsome... even if somewhat difficult to understand. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

16. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    Do you know those guys? I see a resemblance (And I don't mean that as an insult) :D

17. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Launch Week concludes with the cars on the track

The lights are out in Australia, and we're starting to get a feel for the actual performance of the cars. I suspect there's some anxious team owners right about now :)

The teams should all be on the website by now. I don't think I missed anyone, but everyone PLEASE check your published team. I will be using the published teams to build out my spreadsheet this weekend.

IT IS POSSIBLE I MADE MISTAKES. It does happen -- so check now and if something looks wrong, let me know before the start of the race. I'll be happy to check against my emails.

The "pre-season press release" must be posted to our forum before qualifying begins to count. If you haven't yet posted or checked your logon please do so soon. Remember, you need a press release for each league in which you are competing.

Links:
    Founders' league: 2014 Founders' League - Wiki
    Ferrarichat league: 2014 Ferrarichat League - Wiki
    Forum: ifgpf1.com - Index

Thanks for playing!
    Tillman

18. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Meep. :D

All the best,
    Andrew.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

19. Tokyo Drftr

Tokyo Drftr Formula 3

Jan 18, 2009
    UA-USA-JP
    Full Name:
    Ро&#1081
    Deleted. Sorry wrong thread

20. ztunelover

ztunelover Formula Junior

Oct 1, 2009
    Calgary, AB
    Full Name:
    Krish
    It will be something mercedes powered. My guess is silver arrows team will do well initially but mclaren will take over and win later down the road.

21. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Hi gang!

It's pretty clear that any appeal between the team and the FIA is going to be a very long process. Our results are final tomorrow, so I'm going to go ahead and post the results.

Because I originally said these would be posted on Wednesday, for press release purposes the 48 hour clock will start running at noon Dallas time on Wednesday.

The results are available at the following link:

01 2014 FORMULA 1 ROLEX AUSTRALIAN GRAND PRIX (Melbourne) 14 - 16 Mar - Wiki

For those curious about specific points, the source spreadsheets are available at Index of /2014

Congratulations to (and press releases are due from)

Founders:
    Red Bull Racers
    Gamma Blast Racing
    Clingfilm Rockets

Ferrarichat:
    Diaper Genie Autosport
    Team Almost Green
    Shaky GP FC

Thanks for playing!
    Tillman

22. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    For immediate release, March 19th
    ---------------------------------------

"While we too aren't happy with the noise these things make, we're delighted to have scored a nice second place in the opening round in Oz" began team principal Ian. "We're off and running and with our newly revamped PR department are hoping to be in the mix all season. Hopefully our man Phil isn't sitting directly ahead of Kobycrashy on the grid next time out!"

"We're obviously looking forward to the next round and just hope that Bernie can somehow work some magic about the sound" was his conclusion.

Ends
    -----

(Cross posted from the IFGP site)

23. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #23 NeuroBeaker, Mar 20, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2014
    Here's my post-race press release:

ifgpf1.com > General Category > Ferrarichat League > Muppet Motorsports has a difficult first weekend.

It was with great constipation... or should that be consternation? Whatever. It was with exceedingly avid concern that Muppet Motorsports watched their drivers falter on track. Reliable sources stated that Team Principle Beaker gathered all the senior management together and lambasted their efforts with a meep-laden tirade the likes of which hasn't been seen in the entire brief history of the proud team of Muppet Motorsports. Ever since, he and the team's Technical Director, Dr. Bunsen Honeydew, have been locked away in the laboratory. The normal chirpy optimism of Bunsen is uncharacteristically absent and he declined to make a statement, cuddling his laboratory notebook tightly to his chest as he brushed past photographers trying not to make eye contact. It is clear they mean to lead by example and periodic shrieks of agony have been heard through the locked door at all manner of hours.

In the absence of other senior management, the Director of Moral Dignity, Sam The American Eagle, took to the podium. He was quick to cut to the chase and to lay blame.

"This weekend was... a disaster.", he began with a distressed look upon his face.

"Muppet Motorsports languishes in an undignified 10th in the fantasy league standings after only scoring a single point. This... is unacceptable. Clearly, we must do better. Any engineers caught dawdling will be shot on sight.", he stared around the press conference with a determination to prove anyone wrong who might express disbelief in his sincerity.

"The situation reminds me of the tale of the ant and the grasshopper..."

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJAYsKjJtM4]The Ant & The Grasshopper - YouTube[/ame]​

As usual, the press conference ended in disarray. However, despite the gloomy atmosphere set by the team it is worth noting that much of the team's misfortune can be attributed to racing incidents early on Sunday and probable sabotage by their motorsport rivals. The team has been very careful not to officially cast aspersions so early in the season, but their Director of Persistent Optimism Kermit The Frog has not been seen since qualifying - perhaps explaining the dark mood presently afflicting Muppet Motorsports - and Team Almost Green has been looking a little bit greener than they did in pre-season testing. Unnamed sources from within the team said: "We just want Kermit back. Nobody else laughs at my jokes! Hey, one F1 car says to the other: did you just fart? He says, no we all sound like that! Wacka wacka..."

Well, all joking aside, Muppet Motorsports will surely be hoping to improve their points haul in Malaysia. More news as we have it...​

All the best,
    Andrew.

24. Chewys5

Chewys5 Formula 3
    Miami 2018 Owner

May 17, 2010
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn R
    Damn, wish I could have gotten in on this.

25. NeuroBeaker

Oct 1, 2008
    Huntsville, AL., USA
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Jump in now! I only scored one point in the first race and some teams didn't score any. You can have a fight with Muppet Motorsports starting now. ;)

All the best,
    Andrew.