F1 is ruined! | FerrariChat

F1 is ruined!

Discussion in 'F1' started by Rareusgold, Mar 30, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Rareusgold

Rareusgold Karting

Sep 9, 2005
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Rich
    Does anyone else agree that F1 has been ruined by the new regulations? I am so upset as I always look forward to F1 starting and with the change (horrible) in sounds and unreliability of the cars. I find myself not enjoying the races:(

2. Mister Iks

Mister Iks Rookie

Sep 16, 2006
    I agree. I don't like it that I get the feeling that the driver doens't need to use the maximum of his capability during the entire race. I got this feeling most when Hamilton was told to turn down the engine and when I compared his regular lap time with his fastest lap.

F1 has become endurance racing. Not my cup of tea.

3. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    I don't agree, and frankly I'm tired of repetitious bellyaching threads on the subject.

4. Axecent

Axecent Formula 3

Oct 15, 2008
    Central Texas
    Full Name:
    John
    May I suggest MotoGP as an option. First race of the season had great racing right to the checkers. 3 riders were within about .4 secs throughout the race. Brilliant stuff with great sights and sounds and you can see the actual people racing that possess much more pleasant, yet highly competitive personalities than the current F1 drivers, IMO. Far less *****ing about their machines, too.

5. SDC

SDC Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2006
    Fell asleep three or four times during today's snooze fest. One of the most boring races ever.

F1 is ruined. But sooner or later there will be a revolt to fix the technical regulations.

6. Hardistyfezza

Hardistyfezza Formula Junior

Agree - first two or three laps = Action!! Next 47 snooze/sleep - 6 laps action and excitement!!!

Not good - formula 1 should be about maximum speed balls out racing - not some tree hugging Ecco warrior racing.

7. ar_es

ar_es Formula 3

Jun 6, 2013
    Rome
    Full Name:
    Ares
    There's another thread for this, on the F1 section

Sent from my F430 using Tapatalk.

8. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    the 2014 big changes that said to bring things closer never happened, instead the racing got even worst with all these economy run

9. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

I can't wait for all the whiners to find another sport they can follow and STFU on here.

10. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Don't like it don't watch it, it really is that simple.

11. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    I can't believe I have to remind you again: WE ARE ALL FREE TO HAVE AND VOICE OUR OPINIONS ON HERE!

maybe you just need to find another forum if you don't like it.

12. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Sure, everyone is free to voice their opinion, but how many ****ing threads do we need to do it!?

[I think this is at least the fourth. :( ]

Cheers,
    Ian

13. RS man

RS man Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2008
    Scotland
    Yup, I stayed at work today and did paperwork and watched the last 13 laps since it was on TV...... The positive side of the coin is I won't be too upset if I miss the F1 on TV if I had to do other things.

14. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Exactly my point.

15. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    And you can say this because every race under the previous formula was exciting from start to finish.

16. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    :)

After 4 years of snooze fest this season is a welcome fresh breeze of air.

17. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Oh yes. I could watch Vettel struggle for hours on end.

18. fatbillybob

fatbillybob Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 10, 2002
    socal
    Fell asleep...just googled the results...

19. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    #19 tervuren, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2014
    First of all, can we merge this into the other thread? http://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/f1/440850-end-f1.html

Second of all, these are the most exciting to watch F1 cars in over a decade. I love their visceral growls, harks back to the days of Grand Prix racing before WWII kicked it in the gut.

I think this year's cars are fantastic as you can see that they actually have to be driven. It also doesn't have as much aero wash as the parade lap F1 cars of several years ago.

The only thing I don't like are the fuel limits.

20. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    Just wondering. Those of you that do watch the WHOLE race, what do you do to fill in the gaps when nothing is happening? Do you play chess? F1 used to have everyone sitting on the edge of the couch holding their breath. This surely is no longer the case is it? Bishop to Qeens pawn..........

21. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Depends, what did you do when Vettel lead into the first corner last year and so on, how about MS in hey day when he lead into the first corner, I mowed the lawn.

At least with the raft of changes brought in, some unexpected things can and maybe will happen.

22. GerryD

GerryD Formula 3

May 5, 2010
    North of TO
    Full Name:
    Guido
    #22 GerryD, Mar 30, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    At least last year the cars had a biting sound and the best car still won. This all starting going down hill 7 or 8 years ago. The organizers of F1 are taking a little bite out of this sport each and every year only this year they took a bit more than they could chew. They will only notice this in about another couple of years. By then we might be to the new Renault below. Truly sad but chess can always help the 90 minutes go faster.
    Cant wait the hear the ripping sound of this car!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

23. TexasF355F1

TexasF355F1 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 2, 2004
    Cloud-9
    Full Name:
    Jason
    This.

24. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Schumi era bored quite a few fans as well. Even some Ferrari fans lol! Life goes on and so does F1. I wont miss a race this year!

25. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    +1

And with access, one way or another, to all the live timing data etc I find it interesting to see;

- Who's moving forward/backward
    - Who's 'punching above(below) their weight'
    - Checking different tire choices/strategies
    - How are the minnows doing
    Etc

Just because there isn't a race long dice, with 5 different leaders, like some want, doesn't bother me at all. I doff my cap to whoever's done the best engineering job and look elsewhere for interesting racing. Sometimes I find it, others not, but there's generally much going on all thru the field if you follow closely.

Cheers,
    Ian