2014 F1(sux) :) GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX: RACEDAY *** SPOILERS *** | FerrariChat

2014 F1(sux) :) GULF AIR BAHRAIN GRAND PRIX: RACEDAY *** SPOILERS ***

Discussion in 'F1' started by DF1, Apr 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

#1 DF1, Apr 6, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. DF1

No Driver Team Grid
    6 Nico Rosberg Mercedes 1
    44 Lewis Hamilton Mercedes 2
    77 Valtteri Bottas Williams-Mercedes 3
    11 Sergio Perez Force India-Mercedes 4
    7 Kimi Räikkönen Ferrari 5
    22 Jenson Button McLaren-Mercedes 6
    19 Felipe Massa Williams-Mercedes 7
    20 Kevin Magnussen McLaren-Mercedes 8
    14 Fernando Alonso Ferrari 9
    1 Sebastian Vettel Red Bull Racing-Renault 10
    27 Nico Hulkenberg Force India-Mercedes 11
    26 Daniil Kvyat STR-Renault 12
    3 Daniel Ricciardo Red Bull Racing-Renault 13
    25 Jean-Eric Vergne STR-Renault 14
    21 Esteban Gutierrez Sauber-Ferrari 15
    8 Romain Grosjean Lotus-Renault 16
    13 Pastor Maldonado Lotus-Renault 17
    10 Kamui Kobayashi Caterham-Renault 18
    17 Jules Bianchi Marussia-Ferrari 19
    9 Marcus Ericsson Caterham-Renault 20
    4 Max Chilton Marussia-Ferrari 21
    99 Adrian Sutil Sauber-Ferrari 22

3. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Nice view.
    Nice car.
    F1 sux.

4. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    lol @ title :D

5. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    hhehee.

Bottas looking good with my prediction I did yesterday before the qualifying for 3rd. Hope he can finish there (if not higher :eek:!

Raikkonen surrounded by Mercedes engined cars, not looking good...:(

6. DF1

Thanks SPeedy! We gotta laugh or the world will crush us lol!!!

7. DF1

I hope Kimi can get a good launch off the grid and move up. Maybe he has the pace to keep others back and ensure a good result for the team today.

8. DF1

Sux so much I wont miss a minute. Maybe its me who sux today lol! :)

9. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    The 2 starts he made so far this year have been great. If he can move up one that'll be fantastic. Mercedes engines are once again very smooth so the launch is easier. Next issue is Kimi is normally slow in the opening 2 laps because of tire heat because of how smooth he drives.

Then Ferrari isn't very good with tire management as they drop of quite quickly. Sigh.

10. Isobel

Isobel F1 World Champ

Jun 30, 2007
    On a Wave's Chicane
    Full Name:
    Is, Izzy for Australians
    Canna di Fucile to the Usual Suspects.....;) What a lovely place to watch Ice attain his first podium of the season....:)

11. Dino Chang

Dino Chang Guest

Dec 29, 2012
    Have always been a Lewis fan, but between the two Merc drivers, it's hard to call. They both seen on top of there game.
    Here's to a great race. :)

12. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Nice title mate. I'll be joining you guys for the race tonight. Any link?

13. SDC

SDC Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2006
    GP2 sprint race is on now
    The cars sound so much better
    They look stunning too
    On track wheel to wheel racing... Imagine that!!

14. DF1

MC Cooool Breeezy I posted the SKY link at the top. Was working good yesterday.

15. DF1

Yes if we saw F1 in that style we would lose sleep lol! People would say it sux lol! :)

16. DF1

17. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Dang...apologies mate. Must have overlooked. Hoping for a good race today. I just don't wanna see any domination.

18. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Great view, fabulous car! Enjoy at least two things today right haha

19. Far Out

Far Out F1 Veteran

Feb 18, 2007
    Stuttgart, Germany
    Full Name:
    Florian
    That looks great, Dave!

(And good afternoon to the usual suspects :))

20. SDC

SDC Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2006
    Put the current set of F1 drivers in GP2 cars and let them at it in the race track in Dubai. Call it the formula World Cup. Stick it with a 10 million Dollar first place prize.

21. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Life is good!

The only reason I'm not turning green with envy is the thought, that I'll be there later this year. But my car won't be half as interesting as yours. Oh well.

F1 is dead. Long live F1!

22. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    merc 1 and 2 unless reliability issue

fight for 3rd the interesting thing to watch (hopefully), if kimi can finish top 3 it would be one hell of a drive looking how he is surrounded by more superior cars

still don't count out RB, they got the pace to creep up to podium contention

alonso will be in the mix but he always have bad luck at bahrain, last year drs issue during race and y'day issue with car during qualy

23. SDC

SDC Formula Junior

Oct 13, 2006
    <p>Bernie Ecclestone believes fans will switch off from Formula One if the sport does not make a few changes going forward.</p> <p>Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo has been openly critical of the new sport, arguing the fuel saving aspect is damaging the spectacle. Mercedes has defended the new regulations, saying any changes at this stage would be "absurd", but Ecclestone is worried about the public losing interest. </p> <p>"I think we have to [do something]," he said. "For sure I don't think the way things are at the moment is acceptable to the public. People who buy tickets for here can go somewhere else. They are expecting to see Formula One and what Formula One used to be."</p> <p>Ecclestone said the new engines are impressive pieces of engineering, but are not what Formula One should be about.</p> <p>"What is wrong with these fantastic engines? These engines without any doubt are incredible. The amount of power they produce for a small amount of fuel, but I don't think that is Formula One's business. They should be in touring cars or something."</p> <p>He believes the sound of the turbocharged engines is still the main bugbear, but is also considering Ferrari's proposal of increasing the fuel allowance.</p> <p>"I think they can do something about the noise," he said. "If they need another 10kg of fuel or something."</p> <p>He said the rules could be changed without upsetting the competitive order and is convinced Mercedes will get behind the ideas.</p> <p>"They shouldn't be punished for doing a good job. We shouldn't change the regulations to punish them. </p> <p>"I think everybody is complaining, even Mercedes. They don't like people not being happy." </p>

Change something you morons!!!

24. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Mercedes worked their tails off harder than anyone else in the field to get it this right, changing the rules punishes Merc for doing a phenomenal job. That being said, to an extent I agree with Luca and the fuel saving aspect and actually believe a lot can be fixed just by adding a third tier of fuel being allowed at say 13k rpm, that way at least they would be reaching the 15k rpm limit which literally no one is coming close to using. Additionally, 5 engines a season is a bit rough, I would go for 7 or 8.

Renault was shifting at just below 12k rpm and Mercedes at not more than 12.5k rpm just as many many conjectured everyone would last year as there is just zero need to rev to 15k given the fuel rules.

25. 4re Nut

4re Nut F1 World Champ

Mar 27, 2004
    N of NOLA
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Hello all!

A few interesting (and meaningless :D) numbers...

Bahrain a landmark race for Rosberg, Button and Formula 1 | MotorSportsTalk

Forza Ferrari!