My take on Bahrain... | FerrariChat

My take on Bahrain...

Discussion in 'F1' started by JOHNCJ8989, Apr 6, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JOHNCJ8989

JOHNCJ8989 Formula Junior

Dec 11, 2003
    Full Name:
    John
    When the racing is this competitive from lights out to flag I have to say ... I can overlook the negatives of the '14 cars. That was the best race I've witnessed in a very long time, and for the first time in a long while I didn't want to miss a lap! Luca however ..... not a happy camper. Would love to be a Maranello Fly on the wall this week.

2. bentrm

bentrm Formula Junior

Sep 17, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Best race inna long while. I think Luca leaving like that ain't too cool though.

3. Duck_Hollywood

Duck_Hollywood Formula Junior

May 21, 2006
    Dallas, Tx
    I cant remember the last F1 race that was that good

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    Best race I've seen since Senna was driving against Prost.

5. KYROCKS

KYROCKS Formula Junior

Mar 19, 2013
    Dallas-Fort Worth
    Full Name:
    Kyriacos
    Yes, I didn't even care about the sounds of the engines. Fantastic race. I was glued to the TV.

6. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    I agree with all of you- Bahrain delivered.

7. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    It's fascinating how the consistently most boring race of the season is the hands-down best I've seen in years. Nico and Ham have met their match and it's going to get ugly.

8. GuyIncognito

GuyIncognito Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 30, 2007
    I had that exact thought watching Hammy vs Rosberg.

9. TonyL

TonyL F1 Rookie

Sep 27, 2007
    Norfolk - UK
    Full Name:
    Tony
    Don't fall into the trap, it was orchestrated from the start. They knew the MB team would be dominant from the outset, it was done to spice up the show and reduce the attention on badly constructed rules most sensible fans could see was a failure 12 months ago.

As for Ferrari, don't turn up at the next race, you could finish last

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1 on both counts.

11. TheMayor

TheMayor Nine Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    The race would not have been nearly as interesting as if the safety car didn't come out with 10 laps finished and bunch the field.

Nascar also bunches the fields with safety cars and it leads to "good close racing". I don't view this as a good way to get some decent nose to tail racing again.

Kudo's for Mercedes for letting Nico race with Hami but the last two laps seemed manipulated to me. Nicco sure wasn't happy about what happened and didn't bother to congratulate Hami for a good race.

Hami was more happy to see Perez on the podium than Nicco. There's something going on here.

One thing has to stop. The drivers are whining too much to the officials during the race. They sound like cry babies now. "we almost crashed! He cut me off!". Geez guys have some balls.

12. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    LOL!!!!!

BTW someone should but "spoiler" in the title

13. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    It should be merged with the race thread. that's where everyone else puts their opinions and summaries...

14. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    While I might agree that Merc would do this to insure their cars got TV coverage - I'd hardly say the massive plays be Williams, Red Bull, Force India, and Ferrari were orchestrated....

However, I've been cheerleading these rule changes the moment I put the pieces together of their net effect on the racing dynamics of the cars. The aero changes let them race much closer to eachother, and the lack of TC allows more opportunity for mistakes, smaller rear wing = less DRS effect. Drivers have to race each other now.

The low point was the safety car breaking up edge of seat racing all over the field with a few parade laps. :( Would of been a much more interesting race without it.

And +1 to merging this to race thread, I think the OP accidentally clicked new thread instead of reply.

15. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    it's just one race for now

still better than nothing, this race might help F1 a little for awhile lol

16. TheMayor

Rossa Subscribed

Feb 11, 2008
    Vegas baby
    Easy way to make people happy.

Do what Nascar does and bring out a safety car for "debris on the track" ten laps from the end. Then let them use the DRS to pass back and forth until them end.

Simple.

17. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Awesome race and Lauda got it right.

18. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    That's why im in disbelief when many just jump into conclusion that this will be another great season when it's just one race, judge it when the season is done not one race. Every season after few races we surely hear "this is another great season" only to be dominated by one driver one team and bored to death. Anyone who followed F1 long enough knows all these bull****.

19. LightGuy

LightGuy Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 4, 2004
    Texas
    Full Name:
    David
    Exactly.
    Nico was shaking his head when Hami was giving his explanation in the podium interview on how it went down.

It was orchestrated or manipulated when Nico lost a second IIRC on one lap.

I just hope next time Hami plays tit-for-tat as the unsung hero.
    We'll see.

20. Rosso Veloce

Rosso Veloce Karting

Feb 14, 2012
    Maryville, TN
    Full Name:
    Nathan
    I think the W05 is the modern equivalent of the MP4/4. It's like it's 1988 all over again.

21. ARTNNYC

ARTNNYC F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 8, 2005
    NYC, FL
    Full Name:
    Jerome
    Absolutely embarrassing race for McLaren. They should stop building street cars and go back to what they are good at. Being a racing and technology company

22. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    I wonder who'll crash into Lewis at Monza :)

23. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Maldonado of course!

24. HolyRoller

HolyRoller Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    SE NC
    Full Name:
    Captain Slow
    So Ferrari won 16 World Constructor Championships only after they stopped building road cars?

25. HolyRoller

HolyRoller Formula Junior

Dec 19, 2008
    SE NC
    Full Name:
    Captain Slow
    F1 need not stoop so low as to wave yellow flags when there is no actual debris on the track.

Instead, post somebody in an obscure corner to THROW debris on the track during lap 44. Hard to do that on a NASCAR oval without being seen.