Underrated Hero's | FerrariChat

Underrated Hero's

Discussion in 'F1' started by IamRobG, Apr 8, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    My two favorite underrated hero's this season have to be the Hulk and Bottas then Ricciard and the rookies Magnusson and Kyviat(sp). The fact that Force India and Williams are looking how they look is really impressing me. My only concern is when they get into the tighter tracks, their top speed might hot help. I find myself rooting for Hulk and Bottas every race and I think the tables would've turned if it wasn't for Maldonado's suicide run.

2. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Hulk has been incredible this year.

3. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I was a fan of Bottas last year already.

I don't think Hulkenberg is underrated by anyone. He's highly rated in the paddock, just struggles for a good drive IMO. I would not be surprised to see him paired with Vettel at Ferrari ~2016 (depending what next year looks like, if it's a title winning car I can see Kimi staying, Alonso too if he doesn't leave this year).

Kvyat has been a pleasant surprise. He made a big jump from GP3 to F1 and has adjusted incredibly quickly. I hope he doesn't suffer the same as Hulkenberg that he doesn't get a quick drive.

Only so many seats available of course, part of the game.

4. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    +1

Magnussen in Australia

5. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Yep, talent is definitely not lacking, just $$$$-backing.

6. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    How that clown hack lawyer ldm didn't sign hulk for the other seat is a joke . Guess Spanish bank didn't want Alonso To out blow away.

7. merstheman

merstheman F1 Rookie

Apr 13, 2007
    São Paulo, Brazil
    Full Name:
    Mario
    Kobayashi f'ed up that first race, true, but he's been doing incredibly in the Caterham given what a ****box that car is.

8. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Kimi was hired when it looked like Fred would leave. So it makes sense.

That said when Fred goes to McLaren LdM must hire the Hulk.

9. IamRobG

IamRobG F1 Rookie

Jun 18, 2007
    NY
    If I was the Hulk I'd be happy where I am now especially in front of the ferraris every race

10. BBL

BBL Formula Junior

Nov 1, 2006
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Kobayashi had brake failure at the Aussie GP, so nothing he could have done. Actually, he had a great start in that race. Agree that he has been driving well this year so far, but then, I thought he drove very well in 2012.

11. Remy Zero

Remy Zero Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2005
    KL, Malaysia
    Full Name:
    MC Cool Breeze
    Koby was one of the bravest guys around. Only one dared to pull some good overtaking moves pre DRS.

12. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Strong rumours have been that his management asked for way too much money and lost the deal because of that.

13. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    ..last year would already have been a couple of years too late for this change!;)

14. Mulehead

Mulehead Formula Junior

Jun 6, 2012
    Hulk wtlnted big money but how does not l dm didn' t want anothe r schumi in his empire . Ldm likes Ferrari running second or third he can tell people he has giving them the tools they need and have no one on the team take his spotlight just look at how he was this weekend you would have thought he was a king and he not happy with there sacrifice on the battlefield . But fifth he going to have command post overrun