Domenicalli has resigned | FerrariChat

Domenicalli has resigned

Discussion in 'F1' started by NürScud, Apr 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
  2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Early reports from Maranello!

Mattiacci to take over.

Lets see if this can help the team...

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Ah the beginning of the re-shaping. If no major improvement through the season will FA leave?? Who else on the pit-wall is out or will be.

4. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    I think if by mid season the car is still a turd he'll leave, yes. There should be a clause in his contract that if his car is sub par that he is allowed to leave.

I'm still surprised it took this long with speccy though.

5. DF1

Andretti is already voicing the concern. Maybe the Stefano departure is part of a plan to appease/keep FA on the team in the future.
    LdM met with FA prior to Bahrain to re-assure him about the teams efforts. Timing of the departure corresponds.

Andretti talks Merc and Alonso | Planet F1 | Formula One | News, Standings, Results, Features, Video

6. TommyKaira

TommyKaira Rookie

Jan 22, 2013
    And I hope McLaren will get rid of Sam Michaels next.

7. DeSoto

DeSoto F1 Veteran

Nov 26, 2003
    Who is Mattiacci?

8. NürScud

NürScud F1 Veteran

Nov 3, 2012
    Leo Turrini: Mattiacci has no racing experience

9. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
  10. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    Boom, I called it yesterday, check Ferrari needs Ross brawn thread.

Yesssssssss

11. Ferrari 360 CS

Ferrari 360 CS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 4, 2004
    Cape Town,SA
    Full Name:
    Jacques
    I don't see what difference this is going to make, he didn't design the car, yes he manage the design department but its doubtful he was directly involved in the design of the car and as it stands the car is the problem.

Perhaps the solution would be not to appoint an Italian as the team boss....

12. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Suggested he needed to be ousted in the 'Reset button' thread and a bunch of people were against it. Glad Ferrari has seen the light - I hope it shines brighter for them in the future, or for Kimi at least. I don't care for the whiny Spaniard.

>8^)
    ER

13. DF1

The replacement from North American operations has no racing experience if the press reports are accurate.

14. SlvSurfer

SlvSurfer Formula Junior

Nov 18, 2005
    Monaco/Canada
    Maybe less racing experience is good because you can't fill a glass with water if it's already full ;)

15. Bas

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    He did a **** job at managing, and has done for years. For years we've heard the same stuff coming out of his mouth but it never amounted to anything, ever. It really surprised me he's stayed on for as long as he did considering his boss is LdM, who is supposedly quite ruthless.
    I've been saying it for years that he needs to go...some agree some don't. They really just needed to kick him out early in 2012, that was just his biggest failure. Had they kicked him out then and put someone competent in there, we would now probably be in a better position.

We can't expect overnight changes from this. Hopefully Mattiaci will make the right decisions for 2015 as soon as possible so we can have a good year then hopefully. Compared to the Merc's, it's lost already. In Bahrain they where 2.7 seconds a lap faster than the next when they where really on it(I've no idea how much quicker than Ferrari but must be getting on to 3 seconds).

Agree with the last bit, too ;).

16. spaghetti_jet

spaghetti_jet Formula Junior

Jan 5, 2005
    Europa
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Fry and Tombazis next -- as soon as the succession plan is fixed.

17. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    I know Marco, he's a nice fellow, but I'm not sure if he's right for the job. I don't think he would step in. He doesn't have that kind of experience. Funny enough I met Marco a couple years ago at a Challenge event and he was VERY interested in the vintage cars that showed up and was full of questions about his favorite that showed up, a local 250GT LWB California. The owner had no idea who he was, but loved his enthusiasm, I could not help but laugh. It seems like a job in Ferraris road car division would better suit him. He deserves to recognized for his work at FNA under his stewardship customer relations have gotten better and the relationship with the public has grown stronger. I just don't think the Scuderia is the right place for him.
    I am however elated that Domenicalli is gone. I don't think anyone will miss him.

18. PowerSlide

PowerSlide Formula 3

Jun 28, 2004
    so he is out but replace by someone nobody know who he is

just can hope good thing will come to ferrari after this

19. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    and here we are, rambling on on the internet, knowing perfectly well who should be fired and who should be hired in order to get Ferrari back to the top again.

20. Ferris Bueller

Ferris Bueller Formula 3

Mar 23, 2004
    New Jersey
    Full Name:
    Dominic
    bad move. There had to be someone more qualified then Mattiacci.
    He is a marketing genius with FNA and Fiat but without racing experience this could be the blind leading the blind.

21. TOOLFAN

TOOLFAN F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 23, 2005
    California
    That has not been confirmed. I'm going to ask Yulia P. at FNA. I think she might know.

22. DF1

More than 1 news outlet carrying this is saying he has no race experience.

23. GTE

GTE F1 World Champ

Jun 24, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Marnix
    Remember what happened after they sacked Cesare Fiorio in 1991 without having a decent replacement ready to go?

24. Peloton25

Peloton25 F1 Veteran

Jan 24, 2004
    California, USA
    Full Name:
    Erik
    Race experience didn't help the last guy. The team needs a leader and it didn't have one.

>8^)
    ER