Ferrari comeback 2015? | FerrariChat

Ferrari comeback 2015?

Discussion in 'F1' started by Ferraripilot, May 23, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I believe Ferrari 2015 is going to be almost a different team in terms of performance. They are up to something, and Matiacci has a fabulous poker face, I am convinced he was a great guy to get on board.

Ferrari stated today they are bringing some upgrades to Canada for their engine and have been specifically testing on the dyno what components they can push. There's not a lot they can change for this season, but you better believe they have the 2015 spec engine already on the dyno or various prototypes ready for the dyno. Ferrari seem to have some key people in place and I believe are making important strides. I fully expect 2015 to be a very good year for them.

Horner has kept a poker face regarding Newey as well, we know his contract is up and he has not signed any renewals, had he we would very well know. Matiacci has flat out denied they are at all hunting Newey in an interview with Ted Kravitz a couple days ago, but we all know how that can go at times. I wouldn't suggest Newey is going to Ferrari as Ferrari is not a place where I believe he would have carte blanche, but rather that Newey won't be at Red Bull next year as he has lost his aerodynamic ace Peter Prodromou and I'm sure that was a hit. That being said, if Newey were back at Williams as another 'project team' (he seems to like those) where he has carte blanche, I would not at all be surprised.

2. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    John,

Newey put somewhat an end to speculations yesterday by saying that "he remained committed to Red Bull for the foreseeable future".
    Now, everyone: what, or how long, exactly is a "foreseeable future?"

Adrian Newey rules out leaving Red Bull F1 team for Ferrari - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

Rgds

3. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Newey hasn't renewed anything yet, but I wouldn't be surprised if he renewed or left, I just don't think it would be Ferrari if he did.

4. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    I think it's rather misguided to think that the solution to Ferrari's lack of performance could only come from one individual only; a brilliant designer, an exceptional driver of a charismatic principal. That's like putting all the eggs in one basket.

Ferrari, as a team has to build for itself a competent technical group and not constantly seek to poach one designer from another team.
    What I am afraid is that even Adrian Newey has his "sell-by-date" and his productivity may soon come to an end. The guy has been around for a long time now ...

Same applies to Ross Brawn, by the way...

Success resides in finding new talents, not living in the past expecting miracles...

5. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I'm sure everyone already has their 2015 engine on the dyno, not just Ferrari. I have no faith left in this team. Considering the caliber of their drivers and how hard they have had to work to get any kind of results, this may be the worst car they have produced in over 20 years.

6. Crawler

Crawler F1 Veteran

Jul 2, 2006
    Well said. There's no "magic bullet".

7. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

+1. The results require way too much driver effort!

8. DF1

LdM is no longer part of a solution either. A shift at the top is required as well. He is much like Massa to me. He has had more than enough time in his position with zero improvement.

9. 05011994

05011994 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 1, 2004
    Golden, Colorado
    Sorry, I have to disagree, getting Newey would be a huge benefit for Ferrari, the only reason Red Bull is not beating Mercedes is the Renault power unit. Newey's streak of putting together the best car runs way back to the early 1990s, look at what he did while he was at Leyton House let alone Williams. Ross and Rory beat him in the early 2000s, but I think it would be a mistake to think Newey is close to losing his magic touch.

10. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    +1

Look at the drivers throughout the weekend. Any lap that has any speed to it they are both all over the place. Bad for tire heat and life management, terrible for race pace.

Not the first time Ferrari has dwelled on their past for way too long, either. This team needed a serious wake up after 2011. They tried with their ''radical'' suspension that made the car horrible to try and set up (and that all teams forget about it since 2001). They needed a smack over the head after that **** up yet they persisted on using it to date, making a whole lot of noise in the meantime about complete and utter bull****. They're still having no results and are going backwards consistently, instead of going forwards.

11. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I think Matiacci will turn things around. I hear he is an incredibly sharp individual. Just MO

12. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    And Merc's aero which Newey himself has admitted is better. W05 is pound for pound the complete package and even if rb10 had similar power they would lose, but not by quite as much. A clear example of this was Spain sector 2, that is an all aero sector and w05 was still 3 tenths quicker than rb10.

13. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Agree about the pull rod. That crap has to go. Funny how McLaren had a great car in 2012 and switched to pull rod in 2013 and the car suddenly went to crap.

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    First thing is to get rid of Alonso and his bad influence on the team...get the hulk to pair Kimi. get rid of Fry who as done nothing good for the team (pretty sure they changed Aldo Costa with him nbecaus eof Alonso influense) and give Allison plenty of liberty...I'm pretty sure things will get a lot better...

15. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    I agree re Allison. He is very competent, but it's up to Matiacci whom I have confidence in.

16. DF1

Too little, too late from Ferrari?
    Kate Walker May 22, 2014

By now, the majority of F1 news junkies will have devoured yesterday's pieces that saw Fernando Alonso complaining of a lack of moral support from within his inner circle - widely interpreted to mean the Ferrari team - and the team's rebuttal, which was published at lunchtime on Thursday.

Rebuttal may be too strong of a word, of course. There is every chance that the Scuderia's decision to publish extracts of an interview with Luca di Montezemolo in which the Ferrari president heaped praise upon the Spanish driver is little more than a happy coincidence.

"Fernando is the best driver in the world, who always gives 200 percent in the races," the release quoted di Montezemolo as having said. "He knows how much I count on him, even away from the race track, in terms of his contribution and the impetus he gives to the team. I think it's incredible that there are still some so-called experts who don't understand that and are always looking for a polemical situation that simply doesn't exist."

Polemical is not a word in common usage in the English language, and it can be defined as "of, relating to, or involving strongly critical, controversial, or disputatious writing or speech". And there is no denying that the Ferrari driver made critical comments to the F1 press corps in Monaco on Wednesday afternoon, irrespective of what the Ferrari president might like to think.

Whatever skills the Ferrari driver has on track, in the paddock he is also well known for his mastery of the psychological game, and for not shying away from opportunities to make whatever point he needs to make, irrespective of the effect that his actions may have on his employers. It may have all ended in tears at McLaren in 2007, but that wasn't for a want of trying on Alonso's part.

That Alonso has now reverted to similar behaviours, to using his influence within the Spanish press - and the Italian media, who cover anything and everything Ferrari - to put pressure on his team. He has not been happy at Maranello for several years, with one high profile team principal saying off the record last year that the Spanish racer had spent several hours begging for a drive with his team.

In addition to the endless 'Alonso to move to x team next year' rumours that have done the rounds since 2012 there has been a not insignificant amount of chatter outlining just how close the Asturian came to leaving Ferrari at the end of last season, with only a few financial issues preventing Alonso from jumping ship. According to paddock legend, an exit strategy had been agreed, but was torn asunder at the last minute by the lack of a buyout clause.

Alonso has long been unhappy with the fact that his Ferrari move has not provided any of the titles he expected. Whatever opportunities he has had to fight for the title since 2010 have come from his own grit, and not from any advantage granted him by the car he was given.

By being so openly critical at the highest profile round on the F1 calendar, Alonso has made his most public statement yet regarding his present unhappiness. And by publishing di Montezemolo's praise so soon after Alonso's remarks that praise and support were missing from his inner circle, Ferrari have attempted to pour oil on troubled waters. I refer you back to the title of this post…
    © ESPN Sports Media Ltd.

Read more at Too little, too late from Ferrari? | Formula 1 | F1 Blogs | ESPN F1

17. texasmr2

texasmr2 Two Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Oct 22, 2007
    Houston
    Full Name:
    Gregg
    Proof will be in the pudding.

18. william

william Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2006
    Expectations not met ...

It was the same with Mansell and Prost who went to another team to reach the crown.

It was Williams for both of them, incidentally, but that is unlikely to be repeated now.

A team may survive and win another year, but a driver's career is soon coming to an end.

Alonso must have some gut feeling if he can get another title at Ferrari or not.

19. DF1

Given he is on the team, I have a feeling he knows full well the odds appear against another title soon in red. At least given the press etc it appears that way to me/us on the fan side.

20. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Ferrari need to fire that insubordinat prat.

21. crinoid

crinoid F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 2, 2005
    Full Name:
    LaCrinoid
    Put everything into Kimi.

22. dennymeister

dennymeister Karting

Jan 30, 2013
    Karma is a *****. Stupid alonso knew about "crash gate" and now karma is striking. I still think horner + newey & vettel to maranello and pair kimi with seb.

23. Ferraripilot

Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
  24. ernie

ernie Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 19, 2001
    The Brickyard