The KIMI SUCKS Thread | FerrariChat

The KIMI SUCKS Thread

Discussion in 'F1' started by Neonzapper, Jun 22, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Neonzapper

Neonzapper F1 Rookie

Oct 19, 2008
    MD/FL/Philippines
    Full Name:
    Mykol
    Last year at this point, Massa had 57 points and many Ferrarichatters were calling for Massa to leave. Now at the same point, with 8 races down, Kimi has only 19 points.

As of today, with 22 drivers, Fernando Alonso is number 4 (with 79 points) and Kimi Raikkonen ranks number 12 in the Driver Standings.

Does Kimi suck?

2. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Find another Alonso, Schumacher or Senna and you'll have a point.

Ferrari quite simply needs to built a better car.

3. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Given what logic is used about Massa - this thread is long overdue :) Didnt miss Kimi when he was gone I wont miss him when he leaves again. Sooner rather than later. His act, his ice cool whatever is old, very old news. He is taking up a seat that would have been better used by Felipe at much less cost. Yes Massa surely not Perez or Hulk. Not at all impressed.
    Being led by LdM the team is floundering. GO Williams!!

The build a better car was used last year about Massa in defense. Didnt help they fired him and now things are worse. SO much for that idea. #2 doesnt matter at Ferrari. Oh wait Bianchi will save it all. Silly me :)

4. GordonC

GordonC F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 28, 2005
    Calgary, AB, Canada
    Full Name:
    Gordon
    :D Yeah, Massa is doing fabulous - last year he had less than half the points of his team-mate, this year he has a better car and now has just over half the points of his teammate. The Williams is a better car than the Ferrari, yet Alonso has 79, Bottas has 55, Phil has 30 (and Kimi has 19).

Sure, Kimi is having a terrible year so far - so that means that Ferrari, by Massa standards, will give him another 3.5 years of suckage before firing him. :D

Go Bottas!

5. GERRA456gt

GERRA456gt Formula 3

Jun 4, 2005
    Australia, Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Anthony
    put him in a car that can win, then see what he can do!
    He still is Ferraris last World champ;)

6. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    #6 RallyeChris, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    I believe Kimi is currently suffering from a **** car Alonso has produced. As much as I love Alonso as a driver, he seems incapable of producing a better car with his feedback. As sad as it seems, the best peddler
    on the grid can't make the car better through his feedback with the team. Kimi seems to be stuck with Alonso and Maranello's s$&tbox.

Given Kimis unique need for a car with exceptional "front grip feel" the poor Fin's ideal car is far from realized. Sure Fred is besting Kimi on any given weekend, but Fred is driving the s&$tbox he developed.

Unless Ferrari give Kimi at least a year to develop his own car (as Lotus did)
    Kimi is going to continue delivering sub-standard results.

7. schumacherf2006

schumacherf2006 F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 22, 2010
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Why fire him? Why say he "sucks" Ferrari has been caught with their pants down since 2009. They are years away from being back on top. It doesn't matter who is behind the wheel the car. The car can not produce

Sent from my SPH-L600 using Tapatalk

8. shashi27

shashi27 Formula Junior

Jan 7, 2006
    Long Valley, NJ
    Full Name:
    Shashi
    This should be the Ferrari Sucks thread. I'm a fan but come on. The car is sn embarrassment. I think Kimi doesn't suck.

9. Senna1994

Senna1994 F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Orange County
    Full Name:
    Anthony T
    +1000

10. ferraripete

ferraripete F1 World Champ

I agree.

11. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    No. Ferrari F1 sucks.

12. Nachtfalter

Nachtfalter Formula Junior

Feb 28, 2012
    So-Cal
    Remember what Kim did with that horrible Lotus?
    He is an incredible driver, the car is garbage and Fernando is simply dealing with it better.

13. Bulldozer27

Bulldozer27 Karting

Jan 29, 2005
    Sandy Eggo, CA
    Several points are indisputable based purely on empirical evidence:

1: Ferrari sucks as an F1 team right now.
    2. Raikkonen sucks relative to Alonso. Make all the excuses you want about the car being developed by Alonso, but there is no better gauge of performance than one's teammate. Both are WDCs. Senna beat Prost in his first year at McLaren, Schumacher immediately outpaced Piquet at Benetton after getting poached from Jordan, and Vettel immediately outpaced Webber in his first year at Red Bull.
    3. Raikkonen got shaded by Massa in 2008, the year after he won (deservedly so) the WDC.
    4. In 2009, Raikkonen and Massa were pretty even until Massa's accident.

I'm not a Massa fan, but Raikkonen hasn't performed any better in the same seat. So yeah, based on his compensation, Kimi sucks at this point. Ferrari could have kept Massa, paid him less than Kimi, and allocated the savings towards car development.

14. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    THIS. And Alonshole will probably leave Ferrari without a title.

15. RP

RP F1 World Champ

Feb 9, 2005
    Bocahuahua, Florxico
    Full Name:
    Tone Def
    #15 RP, Jun 22, 2014
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2014
    It has always been an amazing lie that Alonassholo does any car development. When with Renault, it was publically known that Giancarlo Fisichella was the development driver. OK, giving Fred some credit is that he can as a driver maximize a horrible car, but car development, BS. If that were the reality case, the Ferrari of today would be better than the Mercedes.

But, it is not.

Kimi is driving a car suited for Alonso who obviously does not give the team the correct feedback, just as Massa was driving a car suited for the overpaid Alonso. Get rid of Alonso, hire a true development driver, Ferrari should be winning again. If Kimi was developing the car for himself, he would likely appear to be as fast as Fred.

It is good to see that Massa is finally in a good car, one capable of winning. Hard to explain why even Williams makes mistakes that hurt Phil. I guess karma.

16. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    I know he likes ice cream but I've never actually seen him eat one myself so I cannot answer if he sucks or licks ;)

Yes the Ferrari car sucks but Alonso is doing a heck of a lot better with the same piece of rubbish so I think it is still fair to say Kimi is not cutting the mustard.
    Pete

17. Bas

Bas Four Time F1 World Champ

Mar 24, 2008
    ESP
    Full Name:
    Bas
    Very interesting.

I loathe Alonso but I think it would be a mistake to get rid. If Kimi is as good at car development as everyone who worked with him say he is, and now with the development freedom they might finally get from Mattiachi, hopefully they can now develop the car into something good.

Pains me to say it but I wouldn't get rid of the monobrowed baby. His performance currently it too good. With a car that suits Kimi better than now (ie front end) I have no doubt that he'll be able to take Alonso on and carry the team if necessary.

18. DF1

DF1 Two Time F1 World Champ

Just like Massa vs FA. Kimi sucks period. Needy overpriced and fired once before. Re hired why?? Vs Massa he was hardly dominant. He is an over rated driver. He is not the Ferrari solution. When Massa was there the car was not very good either. But with the Massa sucks thread - my logic is- Kimi sucks fire him. It works there why not here lol!!

19. PSk

PSk F1 World Champ

Nov 20, 2002
    Tauranga, NZ
    Full Name:
    Pete
    You guys are forgetting the piece of ***** the F2008 and F2009 cars were ... Last time I looked Kimi and Massa were the drivers.

The reason, some say, Kimi can't deal with this years car is the engine braking difference, just like Vettel, not just the front end. Guess what good drivers adapt to the rules. And there is NO development influenced by the drivers anymore ... or extremely little so the BS levelled at Alonso is just more hating.

Who would you rather have in your team, the driver well known as laziest driver in F1 history or a guy that works his butt off. Kimi is as lazy as Chris Amon was. Both great nature talents wasted by lack of aptitude.
    Pete

20. nerofer

nerofer F1 World Champ

Mar 26, 2011
    FRANCE
    I have already posted an interview of Mauro Forghieri in a french magazine, which is dated of 1985, in which Mauro says that his favorite driver was, and will remain, Chris Amon, not only for his abilities as a driver, but because Chris was so incredibly devoted to working hard and long...in the car from 9:00 in the morning, never left before 17:00, and the hardest working driver Mauro remembers of...

Rgds

21. joker57676

joker57676 Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 12, 2005
    Sin City
    Full Name:
    Deplorie McDeplorableface
    I asked everyone why they thought Kimi, who was beat by Massa during his first stint with Ferrari, wasn't going to **** the bed during his second stint.

No one had a real answer.

I guess Kimi just " lost motivation" again.

Mark

22. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    I was wondering how long it would take before some delusional Kimi fan blamed his problems on Alonso...

23. RallyeChris

RallyeChris Formula Junior

Nov 30, 2012
    Northport, NY
    Full Name:
    S.C.Conigliaro
    FYI, I am a greater Alonso fan than I am a Kimi fan. I truly believe Fred is the best pure driver on the grid, but I also don't think he excels when it comes to helping the team/engineers make the car better. If the car is good, he will maximize it's performance. Similarly, if he has a bad car, he will place it higher than anyone else would be able to.

Kimi has his faults, but I think he is struggling with a bad car that has been poorly adapted to Fred's preference. Unfortunately, garbage-in, garbage-out. If Kimi can gain some control over the development of his car, I believe he will improve greatly. Will he be able to out-pace Fred, perhaps not. I respect and admire both drivers for different reasons.

24. Scuderia-Ferrari

Nov 8, 2011
    Kimi doesn't suck but the piece of crap he's driving sure does.

25. 11506apollo

11506apollo Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2008
    Tx Co Ca
    what made the Williams car so much better lately,?..and why isn't Ferrari improving as well?
    that's the real question...