Monza which ticket to choose | FerrariChat

Monza which ticket to choose

Discussion in 'F1' started by malteser156, Jul 14, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. malteser156

malteser156 Rookie

Jul 14, 2014
    Help it's my first time to watch F1 and since it's a surprise for hubby can't ask him. Which tickets should I choose to get a good view. Was told 6 a or 8 what do you guys think ? Hopefully something not too expensive. Thanks.

2. junglistluder

junglistluder F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Mar 23, 2007
    VA
    Full Name:
    Brendan
    This is my first time going to Monza as well and I chose 6b. Can't beat Turn 1 for some good action.

3. spirot

spirot F1 World Champ

Dec 12, 2005
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Tom Spiro
    Monza is a great place no matter where you are ... but there are Tons of people about.

Variante Ascari is good... and parabolica is good.. the main straight you dont see a lot but cars flying past...

if you want a cool experience stay up in como area and helicopter in... there are a lot of folks that do that from Bellagio or Como... cost was -$300 E but worth it on race day... easy in - easy out. Trains and traffic are nutz!

4. senna1219

senna1219 Karting

Feb 15, 2012
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I sat at Variante as well and would recomend it. It is indeed a magical place for F1 fans.

5. senna1219

senna1219 Karting

Feb 15, 2012
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Carl
    I was walking near the pit entrance and there was, for lack of a better term, a dsturbance in the force, people running around and becoming agitated in a good way... MS was being driven from Mercedes hospitality to the pits and people were running next to the car yelling "Schumi,Schumi". Was pretty cool.

6. tifosi12

tifosi12 Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    This year will be my third Monza GP.

Seating is important as there are bad seats, more than at other tracks:

Avoid the grandstands opposite the pitlane.

Instead pick either variante Ascari or the swimming pool (piscine) chicane at the end of the s/f straight. And if you have a choice the higher up the better.

Let me know if you have other questions (transportation, hotels, etc).

7. malteser156

malteser156 Rookie

Jul 14, 2014
    Thanks to all so if I choose prima variante 8a I should be ok then ? The cars will be slowing down at this stage and I'd like to get some photos what do you think ?

8. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes variante 8 is the piscine chicane. I got great shots from there. Get a seat high up if possible. You are also close enough to the infield etc for food/toilets etc

Btw: you can also buy a 1 day pass at the track for little money to get a different seat for eg Saturday, I did that last time (photographers like different viewing angles)

9. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Nice one.

10. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    It's not that I like Monza that much, but it is logistically relatively easy to do. It sounds strange but the Italians actually got that very well organized.

11. senna1219

senna1219 Karting

Feb 15, 2012
    Dallas TX
    Full Name:
    Carl
    except for the long walk to the bus at the end...

12. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Not true: you can walk to the main exit and take the city bus right from there to the train station. You don't need to go all the way back to the bus parking

13. malteser156

malteser156 Rookie

Jul 14, 2014
    Thanks all you have been of great help :)

14. malteser156

malteser156 Rookie

Jul 14, 2014
    One last thing which sites are the safest to get the tickets from please ? Thanks

15. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Formula 1® - The Official F1® Website

They keep your ticket at their booth at the entrance

16. kraftwerk

kraftwerk Two Time F1 World Champ

May 12, 2007
    England North West
    Full Name:
    Steve
    Well that's nice to hear, one could have imagined having never been, it could get quite manic.

However the cuisine and wines would sure make up for it, I would probably end up missing the racing because of that, but you have made it all sound pretty easy.

I usually go to the Spanish GP and stay in Barcelona, for the shopping food sunshine ect, and get a coach (seems to get priority) to the track, all easy peasy...just a pity it's a boring track, but great in the aspect you can walk all round it.

17. malteser156

malteser156 Rookie

Jul 14, 2014
    Thanks to all once again :)

18. malteser156

malteser156 Rookie

Jul 14, 2014
    Tifosi12 since you offered can you recommend a good hotel near the circuit which maybe offers transport to there as well on Sunday ? ��

19. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    There really is only one hotel of relevance: Hotel Fossati

It's the place where the drivers used to stay and full of memorabilia.

However I recommend you stay in Milan near the Central train station from where they have fast special trains to Monza where the buses take you to the track. Many great places to chose from. We stayed at Hotel Mediolanum

20. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Monza, Barcelona, Austin and Budapest are all equally easy to do. Only Montreal and Monaco are even less difficult.

On the other side of the spectrum is Spa, which I still would like to do one day but so far have cancelled every time I made plans for it. Just so painful logistically.
    Silverstone and Interlagos are also painful and places I will never go again.

21. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    What's your first choice? Which as Ascari section is best? I see they have a due(13) and a (16). I am only going once so I want to do it right.

22. SPEEDCORE

SPEEDCORE Four Time F1 World Champ

Jul 11, 2005
    Full Name:
    Toe Knee
    It's Monza there is no bad experience. I went in the late 90's we bought race tix from scalpers and still it's the Best GP I have ever been too :eek:

I was sitting on the main straight and it's like watching tennis so I wouldn't recommend it BUT Schumie did win the race that day so it made up for it running on the track/podium to celebrate :D

We stayed in Milano and the express race day trains were delayed for some reason (there were no issues on the sat) so I'd recommend leaving at the crack of dawn :eek:

23. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    13, hands down

Ascari 13 and 15 are the best stands at Monza. 16 is less interesting as you see them only go by from left to right.

24. tifosi12

Lifetime Rossa Owner

Oct 3, 2002
    @ the wheel
    Full Name:
    Andreas
    Yes and no. We debated this before.

Monza is easy to do because of its logistics. The Italians got this organized like they are Germans. :)

Milan is superb, the train/bus combo easy, the park beautiful and the track has plenty of food and toilet stands. All good. Plus the history and the tifosi.

The bad part is the track itself: Totally boring layout. Unless you sit in a chicane you see the cars just fly by (as you pointed out). Monza simply lacks the hills and turns. Tracks like Barcelona or even Hungary are a lot more interesting for the local audience to watch.

I have done Monza three times because it is easy to do. This year I'm going to Spa and I expect a tremendous track but I'm already shaking in my boots about the logistics nightmare this trip will be. Probably a once only experience.

25. HotShoe

HotShoe F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2008
    Lake Worth, FL
    Full Name:
    Anthony Lauro
    Thanks for your help! Just purchased. I can't wait to go, I might just stay and not come back. ;)