Alonso in last year's Lotus F1 | FerrariChat

Alonso in last year's Lotus F1

Discussion in 'F1' started by David Lind, Jul 18, 2014.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    No that we know Kimi isn't as consistently fast as Alonso, it would be interesting to speculate how Alonso would have fared in last year's Lotus. Recall that Kimi had a bunch of top threes and Lotus was in the running for 2nd in the constructor's c'ship (until the last 2 races). My guess is that FA would have won 3 or 4 races in the Lotus. Any other opinions?
    Let the games begin!

2. Igor Ound

Igor Ound F1 Veteran

Sep 30, 2012
    The Horn
    Full Name:
    Igor Ound
    #2 Igor Ound, Jul 18, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 18, 2014
    Funnily Alonso was in that very team before joining Ferrari. Those two have been in pretty much the same teams at different moments until now

3. Fast_ian

Fast_ian Two Time F1 World Champ

Sep 25, 2006
    Campbell, CA
    Full Name:
    Ian Anderson
    Indeed! A pretty good 'hypothetical' to keep us amused! ;)

If, as many believe, the Fiat is simply more suited to Fred's style than Kimi's, who's to say the roles wouldn't have been reversed in the Fauxtus with Kimi showing Fred a clean pair of heels? It obviously suited Kimi's 'style', which may be anathema to Fred.....

I do think Fred can probably adapt better than most, so he'd have pedalled it round pretty well. But, I also still believe that Kimi in a car he can make work is among the, if not the, very fastest there is - When he's on, he can be fantastic IMO.

Cheers,
    Ian

4. tervuren

tervuren Formula 3

Apr 30, 2006
    On the flip side, I think if it weren't Alonso alongside, that Kimi would of done about the same in last year's Ferrari as Kimi did in the Lotus.

5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I think kimi would have trounced Alonso in the Lotus,,,,

6. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It will be funny to see what hapens in spa....

7. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Alonso would have beaten him handily. Not as bad as he is now, but it wouldbt be close either IMO

8. rmani

rmani F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    RMani
    Alonso is faster because ferrari back him with a better car. Nuff said

I also believe alonso and hamilton are the best all around drivers. Theyre capable of making an average car perform. However if Kimi is given A car setup to his exact liking he is still the fastest out there.

9. David Lind

David Lind Formula 3

Nov 19, 2008
    Full Name:
    David Lind
    I think Alonso is faster, but I agree that when the car suits him, the planets align, etc, Kimi is very, very fast. Kimi doesn't seem to have much of a work ethic or problem solving mentality, though, does he? Alonso just puts his head down and makes the best of what he's got.

10. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Alonso is just faster than most anyone else.
    He's been fast in every car he's driven.

11. freshmeat

freshmeat F1 Veteran

Aug 30, 2011
    Alonso is just good & always there. He really deserves another wdc to his name, and I hope Ferrari gets him one.

12. TifosiUSA

TifosiUSA F1 Veteran

Nov 18, 2007
    Kansas City, MO
    Full Name:
    DJ
    Cant believe people still think Kimi is the fastest driver. He hasnt been since 2005.